Hello! I'am new to the fort and was wondering when they started decorating the camp sites and the golf cart parades i wanted to go next year nov 14-22, 2014 will anything be up yet? When does the parks start there decorations? If i stay at the camp grounds can i see the gingerbread houses at the floridian? Any info helpful never stayed on disney property before this would be my 3rd visit.

Thanks,Pam

First of all:

Welcome-MickeyMinnie-Car.gif

Decorations start going up at the parks usually around the first week in November and then little by little they continue to grow. You can visit any of the Resorts to see their decorations and we highly recommend you go see the tree in the lobby at Wilderness Lodge. As to the decorations at the campsites, some will start going up right after Halloween so some will be up when you are there. Can't answer the question about the GC parade. Also where in OH?

Welcome pamalamadingdong (great screen name!)

What Dave said on the resort/park decorations. Usually the Magic Kingdom is completely decorated by the time of the first Christmas Party - generally somewhere around Nov. 8-10 ish. 

This year the Fort's decorations went up 11/17, which is actually earlier than past years when they tended to go up around Thanksgiving.

This year the golf cart parade was held Christmas Eve at 4pm.

Some campers generally start putting up Christmas decorations shortly after Halloween.

First of all:

Welcome-MickeyMinnie-Car.gif

Decorations start going up at the parks usually around the first week in November and then little by little they continue to grow. You can visit any of the Resorts to see their decorations and we highly recommend you go see the tree in the lobby at Wilderness Lodge. As to the decorations at the campsites, some will start going up right after Halloween so some will be up when you are there. Can't answer the question about the GC parade. Also where in OH?

thanks for the response iam by Alliance, Canton is our big city for shopping 

Welcome pamalamadingdong (great screen name!)

What Dave said on the resort/park decorations. Usually the Magic Kingdom is completely decorated by the time of the first Christmas Party - generally somewhere around Nov. 8-10 ish. 

This year the Fort's decorations went up 11/17, which is actually earlier than past years when they tended to go up around Thanksgiving.

This year the golf cart parade was held Christmas Eve at 4pm.

Some campers generally start putting up Christmas decorations shortly after Halloween.

ok thanks!! do you think those would be some good dates to go or the week of Thanksgiving?

ok thanks!! do you think those would be some good dates to go or the week of Thanksgiving?

Depends on what's most important to you. Thanksgiving week is going to be busier for crowds in the parks, but everything (parks and resorts) is usually in full Christmas decoration swing.  The couple of weeks before Thanksgiving week generally have much lower crowds in the parks, but you may not see quite as many decorations.  Then again this year you would have, so unless they change the schedule again for 2014, I'd shoot for the week before.  :)

I would absolutely stick with the week you planned rather than Thanksgiving week if you plan on doing parks.  You may miss some of the resort decorations....but crowds won't compare.  Now....if you can push your trip to the week after Thanksgiving, or even a week after that, you get the best of both worlds.  

that's a good idea i just called and they said they were all booked thanksgiving week :panic:

• 2 weeks later...

We actually went to the Ft December 9-19,2013. We go every year around the same time mostly to see the Christmas lights and Decorations. But as we drove around this year, it seemed as if there wasn't the usual amount of site decorations. In the past years, there were actually security guards directing traffic. But this year it was a little quieter. Except for our site, we added more lights to the golf cart and two new inflatebles!

Welcome jlf.  We have gone every year for 13-14 years for December and carried as many decorartions as we could stuff in the van,trailer, or MH.  This year we had a small site and could not put up but about half of what we carried and some of those were only seen from the Little bear loop.  Next year we will request a loop with more space and additional rear space along a road. DW loves to put the stuff up.  I prefer to put up the higher stuff and just see the rest when it is ready.  These things also require some thought on how to route the extension cords to balance the loads and get power where we need it.  I don't see how the 1600 display gets done every year.  A marvel.  Captain Marvel.  Shazam!