Beginning January 6, 2014, Camp Minnie-Mickey and the Festival of the Lion King show at Disney's Animal Kingdom will be closed to Guests to prepare for the construction of the new AVATAR-inspired land. This new land will encompass the former Camp Minnie-Mickey area and beyond.

Characters that had meet and greets at Camp Minnie-Mickey will now be found in other locations throughout the park:

• Chip and Dale - Rafiki’s Planet Watch
    They will "meet and play" with Guests making their way from the Wildlife Express Train station to Conservation Station. "In this playful setting, children of all ages can pose for photos with the chipmunks and hear music by Gi-Tar Dan.
  • Pocahontas - along the Discovery Island Trail
    She will join porcupines, colorful exotic birds and other animal friends.
  • Donald Duck along with Cory the dinosaur - Cretaceous Trail in DinoLand U.S.A.
  • Louie and Baloo - Upcountry Landing along Bradley Falls.

Guests should refer to the My Disney Experience app or a Times Guide for current schedule.

The Festival of the Lion King show will be relocated to the new theater being built in the Africa section of the park.  Currently the reopening date for the show is listed as "Summer 2014"

I don't know if this is who she means but Cory is a dinosaur on a poplar kids show called Dinosaur Train in PBS

That's correct. Cory, short for Corythosaurus, is a Jim Henson creation.

She's a secondary character, and is not even listed on the internal meet and greet schedules yet.

I think they just didn't want Donald to appear alone.

Does it do anything like move?

Nope. Just lays there. Its the same statue that's always there. The photo is the new meet and greet. Taken on the first day. Guess they just named the statue to make the meet and greet more interesting.

That's not the Jim Henson Cory.

Is that the one at the meet and greets

Much cuter too.

yhst-130134865524665_2273_2239_zpsfa449c

It looks like the same type of Dinosaur so maybe Disney did the same thing as Jim and just named it Cory after the dino name.

I have to go with Dave, since this is more in his area of expertise.

I'd go with Dave too.

I was more agreeing with Beckers that Cory is a character on the Dinosaur Train show, which she is.

And that maybe they have her at the meet and greet to give Donald some company.

It looks like the same type of Dinosaur so maybe Disney did the same thing as Jim and just named it Cory after the dino name.

It might be a shortened generic name for that type of Dino, but is that the one at the meet and greets, and does it just stand there?

I'd go with Dave too.

I was more agreeing with Beckers that Cory is a character on the Dinosaur Train show, which she is.

And that maybe they have her at the meet and greet to give Donald some company.

It might be a shortened generic name for that type of Dino, but is that the one at the meet and greets, and does it just stand there?

That photo is of the new meet and greet. Taken Jan 4th. And yes, it just lays there.

I propose that they switch to the cute Cory.

Disney owns some of the Henson characters already, just buy that one too.

I agree. All of Dinosaur train is popular and cute.

Hello?

Lou, are you off your meds again?

Disney isn't going to pay anybody anything for some new character.  They'll stick Stich in a safari hat back here before they shell out any money for something new and trendy.

TCD