I don't know if this is just a rumor or not, but it has been reported elsewhere that Disney is planning on tightening the pet restrictions.  This would include pets (dogs only?) could only be assigned in designated pet loops, and an extra charge for those sites (this could be the $5 already charged to people who actually claim their pets at checkin),   Any good substantial info on this?

I don't know if this is just a rumor or not, but it has been reported elsewhere that Disney is planning on tightening the pet restrictions.  This would include pets (dogs only?) could only be assigned in designated pet loops, and an extra charge for those sites (this could be the $5 already charged to people who actually claim their pets at checkin),   Any good substantial info on this?

If your source is the same yo-yo who started the rumor 6 months ago that tents are no longer allowed on premium sites, then I'll pass on believing this one.

Thanks anyway.

TCD

I wonder why "The Rusty Scupper" is not a Fiend?

I have to assume that he's seen the many FF signs over the years and had to be at least a little bit curious.

Wouldn't you think that he'd want to be on the most active and definitive Fort Wilderness site?

Does he speak in numbered sentences too?

He's qualifying his original post regarding the pet policy by saying that it's "a topic announced at an employee meeting which is always subject to change until implemented".

I wonder why "The Rusty Scupper" is not a Fiend?

I have to assume that he's seen the many FF signs over the years and had to be at least a little bit curious.

Wouldn't you think that he'd want to be on the most active and definitive Fort Wilderness site?

Does he speak in numbered sentences too?

He's qualifying his original post regarding the pet policy by saying that it's "a topic announced at an employee meeting which is always subject to change until implemented".

Are we sure he is a CM?  I had to go back over there to read the thread.  I can't say I'm impressed with the way he spelled (OK, numbered) it out....

Oh, I forgot....  Everything you read on the web is true :rofl3:

Don't make me call you a knucklehead, knucklehead. Oops, that slipped out.

On that forum in particular, and this one, it's difficult to hide behind your words, because unless you're never going to be at the Fort, there's a very good chance of a face to face meeting with some of the posters.

Oh, and BTW, the last time numbskull, no, not you Tim, I'm referring to Rusty, posted something that was supposed to be a new policy, it was something that had been policy all along but was not enforced, I know you're shocked.

He thought he had discovered something new. He needs to spend more time on "The HUB".

Anyway, history may be repeating itself. Below is what is posted on "The HUB", but it's not new, it's been on there a long time.

Doesn't it sound a lot like what he's saying is the new policy which was mentioned at a, so called, CM meeting?

Fort Wilderness Pet Sites:

• Camping with pets is welcome in select Full Hook-up campsites at an additional charge, based upon availability at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
  • Restrictions apply and pets are not permitted in Wilderness Cabins or campsites not within designated pet loops.
  • Guests should request a pet site when booking reservations.
  • The charge is $5.00 per day, per site (not per pet)
  • Pets must meet vaccination requirements.  See Kennel Vaccination Requirements policy.
  • Fort Wilderness guests may also leave their pets at the Kennel during the day.  See Kennel Service for details.

So far I have seen a monkey, a pig, cats and parrots at the fort, all within the pet loops.  I hoped that the person walking the rather large pig on a leash was also picking up after her.  I also wondered how the pig traveled in the Motor home but if they had no problem with her I didn't either.  I just hope people don't bring snakes,  I hate snakes.