My DW and i have done it. It was a good time. We did not like the atmosphere in the Grand Floridian lounge but that is just not our thing I guess. Outer Rim was closed at the time so we went into The Wave bar at CR, and also the Tambu Lounge in the poly.

We liked the Poly the best but it was just a fun night out.

There is probably more about our monorail crawl in my Feb 2013 trip report in my signature.

We did it just this Christmas. You can do it with your kids.

We ate. Late lunch at Contempo cafe and had an adult beverage, and sat there enjoying the view of bay lake and walked around a bit to look at the gingerbread house. Then off to Poly. Got beer and explored hotel. Same thing at GF except we spent more time exploring the outside of areas of GF then we have before. Then went to MK and watched the lowering of the colors and went back to ASsports. I had three beers in about 2 or three hours.

You don't have to get wasted while doing it. Just have fun. (Ok many years ago DW and I did it and i had more than 3 beers). Lol

All three of us really enjoyed exploring the resorts. It was a nice way to spend some family time away from the Christmas crowds.

We did it just this Christmas. You can do it with your kids.

We ate. Late lunch at Contempo cafe and had an adult beverage, and sat there enjoying the view of bay lake and walked around a bit to look at the gingerbread house. Then off to Poly. Got beer and explored hotel. Same thing at GF except we spent more time exploring the outside of areas of GF then we have before. Then went to MK and watched the lowering of the colors and went back to ASsports. I had three beers in about 2 or three hours.

You don't have to get wasted while doing it. Just have fun. (Ok many years ago DW and I did it and i had more than 3 beers). Lol

All three of us really enjoyed exploring the resorts. It was a nice way to spend some family time away from the Christmas crowds.

That funny Ray.

Love walking the Poly grounds after dark when the torches light it up.

I've done it many times but I've had to slow down since they made the walk back from the Contemporary Monorail station to the boat ramp twice as long as when you walk from the boat ramp to the Monorail station.  Of maybe it just seems that way.  And to answer your question, Yes and No.  Would you really want to trust your kids to someone who enjoys adult beverages as much as you do?  Just sayin.

• 2 weeks later...

We've done apps/drinks at every resort.  Last tour around we did was

Citricos - GF / Tambu Lounge - Poly / Wave - Contemp

..and for giggles we threw a boat in the mix and added Territory Lounge - Wilderness Lodge.

Very fun and a great way to try out different restaurants/bars/lounges without needing an ADR