Dinner & a Movie

Has anyone ever done the dinner & movie at Down Town Disney, we are thinking of trying it our 1st night there in March and were wondering how it is, and if you feel it's worth it. Looked at their web page and could not figure out what the price is. Just looking for something a little different.

We did it. On that same note, we will never do it again.

Let me explain before you make your own decision.

The concept is outstanding. You select your movie and seats ahead of time. Once in the theater, you sit down and a waiter comes and takes your order. Your food arrives just before the movie starts and you enjoy your meal and movie at the same time. The couple times we went, it was not busy at all. One movie, we were literally the only ones in the whole theater.

It is a little pricey, but the food is very good and worth the cost.

One down side I did not like is it is movie theater and very dark. They have some small lighting on the tables to help, but for the most part, you cant see. So if your trying to, say, cut your food or pick some items out of your food or see if your almost done, its difficult to do. But not enough to discourage the experience.

The ONLY reason we will not go back there is the time we went and our credit card info was stolen, by the employee who rung up our order. They stole the info when we paid. They take your card "to the back" of a dark theater where you cant see it. The employee and their friends ran up about $300 in fraudulent charges before I could shut off the card. Now, I blame the theater because even when they were caught, the theater did not offer any apologies or accept blame. They dismissed it as a problem of the times. Their process for running charges remains the same. IF we ever do go back it will be a pay by cash.  

We enjoyed the experience and recommend it, but carry cash with you to pay.

Rennie-

I haven't been myself, but I am interested in this.  So, I remembered that Carol (Mousekatab) has been, and reported on it here:   http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/8472-carol-is-in-a-two-week-fort-fantasyland/?p=236254

She liked it, but said it was pricy.  But what isn't pricy at WDW?

TCD

TCD

Thanks for the link it helps a lot, we are looking for somewhere for our 1st night as our friends that are coming are only getting tickets for 2 days and we will not get in till after 2 pm so they do not want to waste a ticket that late to go to a park.

We did it. On that same note, we will never do it again.

Let me explain before you make your own decision.

The concept is outstanding. You select your movie and seats ahead of time. Once in the theater, you sit down and a waiter comes and takes your order. Your food arrives just before the movie starts and you enjoy your meal and movie at the same time. The couple times we went, it was not busy at all. One movie, we were literally the only ones in the whole theater.

It is a little pricey, but the food is very good and worth the cost.

One down side I did not like is it is movie theater and very dark. They have some small lighting on the tables to help, but for the most part, you cant see. So if your trying to, say, cut your food or pick some items out of your food or see if your almost done, its difficult to do. But not enough to discourage the experience.

We enjoyed the experience and recommend it, but carry cash with you to pay.

Thanks for the tips, I prefer cash most of the time anyway.

TCD

Thanks for the link it helps a lot, we are looking for somewhere for our 1st night as our friends that are coming are only getting tickets for 2 days and we will not get in till after 2 pm so they do not want to waste a ticket that late to go to a park.

Have you ever been to see Yeehaw Bob over at Port Orleans Riverside?  That's a fun night out with the grown-ups.  And not expensive.

TCD

Have you ever been to see Yeehaw Bob over at Port Orleans Riverside?  That's a fun night out with the grown-ups.  And not expensive.

TCD

Been wanting to see him, we can boat over there from Old Key West right? Very good idea I will have to check out the food options, thanks

Been wanting to see him, we can boat over there from Old Key West right? Very good idea I will have to check out the food options, thanks

Yes, I believe that there's a boat that goes from OKW to POR.  I haven't boated between the two, so I can't swear to it.

There's a limited menu in the bar where Bob performs- bar food like nachos.  But I've seen people carry in food from the food court down the hall.  Including full pizzas.  I guess that's OK.

You also need to check and make sure he's performing the night you want to go.  I imagine he takes nights off.

TCD

Yes, I believe that there's a boat that goes from OKW to POR.  I haven't boated between the two, so I can't swear to it.

There's a limited menu in the bar where Bob performs- bar food like nachos.  But I've seen people carry in food from the food court down the hall.  Including full pizzas.  I guess that's OK.

You also need to check and make sure he's performing the night you want to go.  I imagine he takes nights off.

TCD

IIRC the boat from OKW only goes to DTD West Side and back.

Whoops, I think you're right.  I know that we've taken the boat from POR to DTD and back.  And now that I think about it, it didn't stop at OKW.  I guess if Rennie likes boats, he could take the OKW boat to DTD and then get on the POR boat there.

TCD

Just as long as it's not a 3 hour tour we should be fine :rofl2:  :rofl2:

Just as long as it's not a 3 hour tour we should be fine

It's not a 3 hour tour, but it might end up being close to half that.

That boat trip consists of 2 legs, and Disney suggests allowing 45 minutes per leg.

I would just make the 5 minute drive from OKW to PO, and be done with it.

We love yeehaw Bob. There's a really good table service restaraunt at POR. Boatwrights. The crawfish étouffée and french onion soup are really good. His show iirc is a late show so you would have plenty of time to get dinner and then catch his show. The boat from OKW only runs to DTD and then to POR and POFQ.

All kidding aside, it looks like you possibly could walk.

There's a walkway all along the canal between POR and POFQ. 

Looking at Google and Bing maps, I think I see a service road that connects between OKW and the southern POFQ parking lot- if you can get through there, it would be a very nice walk, and not too far:

OKWtoPOR_zps66921ffb.jpg

That's less distance than it would be to walk from the Outpost Bus Stop to the Settlement Bus Stop at the Fort.  And, that's not a hard walk.

TCD

All kidding aside, it looks like you possibly could walk.

There's a walkway all along the canal between POR and POFQ. 

Looking at Google and Bing maps, I think I see a service road that connects between OKW and the southern POFQ parking lot- if you can get through there, it would be a very nice walk, and not too far:

That's less distance than it would be to walk from the Outpost Bus Stop to the Settlement Bus Stop at the Fort.  And, that's not a hard walk.

TCD

Thanks that does not look to bad and with a walking cocktail it could fit the bill.