May at the Fort? Booked Surprise Disney Trip May 6-10 for the girls!

We just booked our trip in May with the little girlies not knowing a thing. We told them we decided to wait a year to go to Disney.  We are going to the beach the first few days so this will be our wait of taking the camper without them knowing much. How is it in May at the Fort? Crowded? Any info would be great!

I asked the same thing when we booked our May trip (will be there 5-10) and got good responses for that time of year. Ac couple people mentioned it is one of the better times of the year since kids are still in school, and the weather is not too hot. I guess we'll find out in a few months :)

I asked the same thing when we booked our May trip (will be there 5-10) and got good responses for that time of year. Ac couple people mentioned it is one of the better times of the year since kids are still in school, and the weather is not too hot. I guess we'll find out in a few months :)

Yup.

I love May at the Fort.

That time of year, you will likely have a lot of empty sites around you, except on weekends.

And the weather is great!  (usually).

TCD

Daily average highs start at 85° at the beginning of May, and increase to 89° by the end of the month.

Crowd levels start off at about a 5 during the week, with a 6 or 7 on the weekends. 

The last 1-1/2 weeks average an 8, with a 9 on the weekends.

I guess it depends on a individuals meaning of not too hot, and not too crowded. Hey, it's better than June or July.

This graph shows the basics at a glance.

The number underneath the month is the average daily high temp. Having lived here for a long time, I think the summer temps are on the low side.

Of course, green is best, black is ok, and red is bad for crowd levels.

WDW_zpse6b40c7e.jpg

Holy Smokes,  next thing you know Lou will show us some of his spread sheets :rofl3:  :rofl3:

Holy Smokes,  next thing you know Lou will show us some of his spread sheets :rofl3:  :rofl3:

Come on Rennie, admit it, isn't that a great chart?

It shows, with just a quick glance, what you might expect for crowds and temps.

You can also derive, relatively speaking, when the room rates are the best and worst.

It's one of my favorites.

Lou, that is seriously one fine chart!  I only look for two things when beginning to plan our trips to WDW - the temps and the crowd levels.  You've consolidated all those crowd calendars into one chart that I've downloaded and printed out for future reference.  Now that's what I call helpful info!  Thanks for posting it!

This graph shows the basics at a glance.

The number underneath the month is the average daily high temp. Having lived here for a long time, I think the summer temps are on the low side.

Of course, green is best, black is ok, and red is bad for crowd levels.

WDW_zpse6b40c7e.jpg

Great chart. Is this an official Disney chart or an official Lou chart?

Do you have a more in depth monthly chart? If yes I would like a may, June, and October chart.

Great chart.

Is this an official Disney chart or an official Lou chart?

Do you have a more in depth monthly chart?

Thanks, and no, and no, but I can tell you that based on the actual numbers I'm aware of, it appears to be inline.

I'm not clear as to what you mean as more in depth.

Thanks, and no, and no, but I can tell you that based on the actual numbers I'm aware of, it appears to be inline.

I'm not clear as to what you mean as more in depth.

I was just wondering if you had a monthly chart. One that showed the crowd levels on a daily basis. I'm more curious than anything else.

We always come to the World at the end of May/ beginning of June. Which is right when our schools let out for summer. And usually the crowds aren't to bad. And DW and I are hoping to make it to F&W this year for the first time and was curious about daily crowd levels.

I was just wondering if you had a monthly chart. One that showed the crowd levels on a daily basis.

Those charts are out there, but I'm not a believer in them.

I for one don't think that crowd level charts are accurate when it comes to daily predictions. How could they ever be verified?

I think they may be ok for predicting relative crowd levels from week to week, but not actual crowd levels for a certain park on specific days. Any less than a week long period, to me, is iffy. Does that make any sense?

I know some people swear by daily crowd level charts, but unless it's actual numbers from Disney, and it never is, I'm not one of them.

Every once in a while after work, I'll check to see what a certain crowd level chart predicted, and many times, IMO, they're off from what I've observed during the day, but looking at it for an entire week, they may be close.

I'm sure they promised you apple pie also didn't they

I'm not sure if she has or hasn't................yet.

You bet I've offered apple pie!  As soon as my feet hit the ground I'll be at the Fort with apple pie in hand!

Now you will never get rid of him, you know how it is you feed a stray then they move in. :rofl3:  :rofl3:  :rofl3: