Hey Fiends,

We have two more visits planned to The Fort this year; both are for a tent loop however....we have found a Hybrid trailer that we think will work for our family.  My question is, can we park a Hybrid in a tent site?  This past week, we did see a couple of small trailers in the 1500 loop so, I think it's okay but...was wondering if anyone knew "for sure".

Thanks!!

Hey Fiends,

We have two more visits planned to The Fort this year; both are for a tent loop however....we have found a Hybrid trailer that we think will work for our family.  My question is, can we park a Hybrid in a tent site?  This past week, we did see a couple of small trailers in the 1500 loop so, I think it's okay but...was wondering if anyone knew "for sure".

Thanks!!

When it comes to rules at the Fort, nothing is "for sure."

I've seen plenty of hybrids on the tent loops (1500/2000), and I've also seen all kinds of motorhomes and regular camping trailers too.

TCD

When you make the reservations just tell that what you have and how long it is when it is opened up so they can fit you in the right spot.  I always used my pop ups in those sites and see little difference in a hybrid and pop up, except maybe the hybrid is more comfortable.  Have a great time.  My next trip is in August.  Hope to see you then.  

Thanks for the feedback! 

When you make the reservations just tell that what you have and how long it is when it is opened up so they can fit you in the right spot.  I always used my pop ups in those sites and see little difference in a hybrid and pop up, except maybe the hybrid is more comfortable.  Have a great time.  My next trip is in August.  Hope to see you then.  

That's a good idea.  I'll call and adjust our reservations to reflect the hybrid, just to make sure that we're "covered".  Our next trips our scheduled for May & October, so it looks like we'll miss you this time around.  Have fun in August!! :)

Thanks for the feedback! 

That's a good idea.  I'll call and adjust our reservations to reflect the hybrid, just to make sure that we're "covered".  

If you do make that call, please report back with what you are told.  The information that CM's pull up on their screens is probably the same as what's on the official site available to the general public, which says that the tent sites are for tents, pop-up campers and van campers.  The site says travel trailers and motor homes cannot be accommodated on these sites.  Nothing about hybrid campers.  I would be interested to hear what the CM says to you.

TCD

If you do make that call, please report back with what you are told.  The information that CM's pull up on their screens is probably the same as what's on the official site available to the general public, which says that the tent sites are for tents, pop-up campers and van campers.  The site says travel trailers and motor homes cannot be accommodated on these sites.  Nothing about hybrid campers.  I would be interested to hear what the CM says to you.

TCD

I've booked our last two trips through AAA so...I don't think Disney can look at the reservation (or at least that's what they've told me in the past when I've called).  What I'll do, is advise our AAA agent and ask him to update the reservations from notes indicating a tent to a hybrid.  When we were there last week, there was a small hard shelled camper in the 1500 loop so, fingers crossed that it's not an issue....

As others have said Hybrids are in 1500/2000 all the time.  Just remember if you use your tanks (black/grey) there is no dump station at FW.  You will have to wander the campground to find and open site to dump your tanks.

I've booked our last two trips through AAA so...I don't think Disney can look at the reservation (or at least that's what they've told me in the past when I've called).  What I'll do, is advise our AAA agent and ask him to update the reservations from notes indicating a tent to a hybrid.  When we were there last week, there was a small hard shelled camper in the 1500 loop so, fingers crossed that it's not an issue....

Darn.  I was hoping that you'd have something interesting to report.  I doubt there will be any issue.  I hope that you are successful in being assigned to the 1500 loop.  Have a great trip.

Oh yeah, I just remembered a photo I have of a hybrid set up in the 1500 loop.  I took this photo to show Fort CM's delivering firewood, which the front desk may tell you is not a service offered, but it also shows a hybrid trailer on the 1500 loop:

NYE2012003.jpg

TCD

If you leave the valves open and drive really fast on I-4, the tanks will be empty by the time you are out of Orlando.

Darn.  I was hoping that you'd have something interesting to report.  I doubt there will be any issue.  I hope that you are successful in being assigned to the 1500 loop.  Have a great trip.

Oh yeah, I just remembered a photo I have of a hybrid set up in the 1500 loop.  I took this photo to show Fort CM's delivering firewood, which the front desk may tell you is not a service offered, but it also shows a hybrid trailer on the 1500 loop:

NYE2012003.jpg

TCD

Man I love you.... :)