Okay... think we've found our trailer...now the truck...

I get excited when the Lie-O-Meter in my truck shows over 13MPG empty, and haven't towed any distance yet with this one to know what it will get then. I just keep telling myself "I didn't buy this to get good fuel mileage" I seem to say that a lot as I'm pumping $120 worth of fuel into it every couple weeks.

All of our numbers are hand-calculated using an app. I've only missed 3 or 4 fill-ups and just reset the app calculations during that time. It's been pretty consistent full mileage. I'm hopeful now that we're nearing 25,000 miles that it'll start to creep up and get better (supposedly!). I highly doubt it, but a man can dream...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of the vehicles mentioned I wouldn't hook a golf cart to. It's been discussed many times how you can have a vehicle that says it can do xy and z but in reality it's all bs. Most SUVs have a short

Hybrids are great because you get the camper but not the weight. Did you buy the hybrid new or used? The one downfall I see on them is if you don't keep the seals in good condition they will leak and cause rotting.

I agree!!  This one has a slide so the amount of living space and storage is AWESOME :)

Used.  We did a thorough inspection and the only leak we found, was in the front "pop up" bed.  We're going to remove it and have a new one made.  I read where changing the knobs/dial (that secure the front panel over the pop-up) can help create a tighter seal, thus helping with any water intrusion...we'll look into that further, once we install the new bed.

Some of the vehicles mentioned I wouldn't hook a golf cart to. It's been discussed many times how you can have a vehicle that says it can do xy and z but in reality it's all bs. Most SUVs have a short wheel base and when you put a trailer behind them it lifts the front end which imo takes the integrity of the front end and changes it. Ive told the story many times about a person who pulled a horse trailer with a 4 Runner and wrecked because a semi sucked them in on the interstate then pushed them away after passing. If you're gonna play the game of I want to pull a camper but I want the comfort and mileage too you can't always have it both ways. I see people all the time in SUVs pulling trailers and I'm like holy $h!t get by them fast. When you get up in that 6-7k range I'd think twice before pulling with less than a 3/4 ton. Once again jmho.

I agree with enough vehicle to tow the load. In my book anything over 2500-3000 pounds with a tall profile needs at least a 3/4 ton TV. It takes a lot more than being able to pull a trailer to be able to control a trailer. I don't want the tail to wag the dog.