New Roof for River Country Ticket Booth

As best I can figure, a roofing contractor has filed a Notice of Commencement which indicates that the old River Country Ticket Booth is getting a new roof:

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20140079153.pdf?parent=DOC1413S6572

I would like to interpret that as a sign that the River Country DVC project is a long way off.  In the leaked plans, this little remnant of River Country will be torn down and a big building build on top of the space where it currently sits.

TCD

I think we are talking about two different buildings. The ticket booth is the little bitty building just as you enter the BYBBQ area. The restrooms are further back, closer to the pavilion.

I'm thinking about the building that on the right side of the path. If you leave the porch and head down the trail to RC. You pass by the little building and then you start seeing the fence that hiding RC. Follow the sidewalk to the left and you get to the bigger building that has the restrooms. Which building are you guys talk about?

If you look at page 3 of the Notice of Commencement, it shows this sketch:

rivercountryticketboothpermit_zpsea226fe

That is this building, which used to be where they sold admission tickets for River Country and Discovery Island:

92913440_zps57d92fa8.jpg

The little building to the right of the Ticket Booth is an animal cage.  They used to keep live critters in there as a promotion for what guests could see on Discovery Island.  Its last occupant was a burrowing owl.

The ticket booth was taken over by the fishing guides when River Country closed.  They keep their fishing gear in there, and use it as a break room.  I was not aware that the building itself was used for the Backyard BBQ.  I have seen CM's standing outside the building to check in Backyard BBQ guests, but not actually using the ticket windows.

As you can see from the photo, there is stuff growing on the roof.  It's been like that for years.  I guess someone finally figured it's time for a new roof.  As mentioned earlier, it's interesting that they are putting another new roof on a building which is on the demolition list in the leaked River Country DVC plans.  Is this further evidence that the DVC project has been abandoned?

TCD

Yep. That's the building I thought TCD was talking about. The one he's showing in his last post. So they don't use that for the BBQ?

I've seen CM's standing there under the cover outside greeting guests arriving for the BBQ- but not inside using the ticket windows.

I believe that the inside of the little building is used by the fishing guides as a place to store gear. 

TCD

Well when they take the roof off that will be more of the wilderness lost. When will they stop? lol 

So they used the dock on that end of the beach to get guest over to Discovery Island? I wondered why that animal cage was down by River Country now it makes sense.  

Well when they take the roof off that will be more of the wilderness lost. When will they stop? lol 

So they used the dock on that end of the beach to get guest over to Discovery Island? I wondered why that animal cage was down by River Country now it makes sense.  

No, the boat to Discovery Island left from the regular Fort Wilderness boat dock.  But this ticket window is where you bought admission tickets to Discovery Island. They offered a combo ticket which covered both River Country and Discovery Island. 

TCD