SUPER Cool Unofficial Transportation Map

Even the water parks will have dedicated buses. 

Just saw this and so there is no confusion. The waterpark buses don't only stop at the waterparks.

The TL bus is actually a DTD bus that also stops TL. The BB bus is usually, not always, an AK bus that also stops at BB. In the morning, not all AK buses stop at BB. Just make sure that in addition to AK or DTD, it also has the waterpark name on the marquee.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go to the parking lot, get into your vehicle, drive where you want to go, flip off the suckers who waited for a bus and took an hour to get to a park 15 minutes away.

I wonder how accurate this is....  

I was expecting Carol to respond before I responded, but I think she has more important things on her mind, like a paying job. As I don't have anything better to do, I'll weigh in on the super cool tr

Oh, if you don't want to let them drive to Universal, you can arrange for RT transportation by Mears at about $20 each.

The day before you want to send them to Universal, use any Disney House phone and dial 0

Ask to be connected to Mears.

When Mears comes on, tell them you want to go to Universal the next day.  Tell them how many, what resort, and about what time.

They will give you pickup locations (probably by front desk building), and a time, and exact cost.

When the Mears bus arrives, pay the driver in cash, they will give them a receipt with their return ticket.

When they get to Universal, enjoy the day, and note the stop where they were dropped off.

About 2 hours before they wish to head back to Disney, they need to call the number on the return ticket to arrange a pickup time.

They then report to the designated bus stop, and get on the Mears bus/van when it arrives. They will be returned to the Fort.

Just saw this and so there is no confusion. The waterpark buses don't only stop at the waterparks.

The TL bus is actually a DTD bus that also stops TL. The BB bus is usually, not always, an AK bus that also stops at BB. In the morning, not all AK buses stop at BB. Just make sure that in addition to AK or DTD, it also has the waterpark name on the marquee.

Maybe "dedicated" was the wrong word.  I meant that the bus will say that it's going to the waterparks on the marquee.

If they have not driven in a city..... it is be like driving on the moon.

I am from a small town county in Southern MD  and I didn't like having / using GPs until I had to drive in/around DC.They are amaizing for rerouting you around traffic/accidents.

Plus in areas with alot of driver that do not know the roads or even which side of the road the USA drives on, taking your eyes off the road to look at a map is scarry.

I see GPS as the best tool to beat all the other old fart while they are inching in traffic.

There is a "back way" to Universal that avoids the mess of I-4. It's actually a teensy bit shorter, and if I-4 is gridlocked, it can be a good bit faster.  It's certainly less stressful.

Leaving the Fort, turn left.  Follow that road all the way to the end - watch out for stop signs and speed bumps.

Turn right onto 535.  Follow that to the light/intersection of Apopka-Vineland.

Go straight across onto Palm Parkway. 

A little ways up, Palm Parkway turns into Turkey Lake - both these roads pretty much parallel I4. You'll pass a Walmart (good to know, just in case)

At the intersection of W. Sand Lake (Whole Foods on the right) keep going straight on Turkey Lake.

Shortly past this intersection, Universal will be on your right.

Take the first right on Hollywood Way, left onto Universal Blvd and look for the parking signs.

Google maps puts the ride at 22 minutes.

I LOVE Google maps to use as a GPS in rental cars when I'm on travel. It actually predicts traffic patterns and guides your route depending on traffic REAL-TIME.  Over the last week & 1/2 it guided me about 6 different ways from my hotel to my office, but the traffic was minimal each and every trip, and I could see the parallel roads I was avoiding, and they were gridlocked.

(This is in the Columbia, MD area).

and yes, I have also used it to cross the DC area multiple times, and just about every time it routed me differently.  It also rerouted me mid-trip once, stating that an alternate route has opened up that is xx minutes faster.

I use Google every day to get to work here at home.  It accurately predicts when the cows are crossing the road I normally take so I take the other way.  (I'm not kidding about that).  It aggregates its data from the GPS cell locations of every Android phone....so if the cows are crossing, or if there is an accident, or congestion etc....and all those cars with Androids slow down or stop moving, Google knows and will show that on their maps.  Works really well.  

That is the whole reason why I have not touched my paper maps in years now.

I hate the garmin/tomtom/ OEM nav systems that do not have any traffic updates or keep the maps automaticaly updated based on current road construction.

Example, DC is doing a lot of raod work now and at night, some roads become 1 way. Well, Waze users report the road construction and the lanes being blocked, and everyone benifits.

FYI: Google is getting the updates from Waze users.

Home in the country, GPS is useless becasue you have to commit to one of the fer fuew road choices, but in DC, it will cut you thru places and keep you moving.

My son was in the NICU at Georgetown for a week and it never took me the same way twice, coming or going. Frequently, it would have me turn 1 block before the backups. The only bad thing is that you have to trust the GPS, because it sends you down random roads that I have NEVER driven on before.

That is the whole reason why I have not touched my paper maps in years now.

I hate the garmin/tomtom/ OEM nav systems that do not have any traffic updates or keep the maps automaticaly updated based on current road construction.

Example, DC is doing a lot of raod work now and at night, some roads become 1 way. Well, Waze users report the road construction and the lanes being blocked, and everyone benifits.

FYI: Google is getting the updates from Waze users.

Home in the country, GPS is useless becasue you have to commit to one of the fer fuew road choices, but in DC, it will cut you thru places and keep you moving.

My son was in the NICU at Georgetown for a week and it never took me the same way twice, coming or going. Frequently, it would have me turn 1 block before the backups. The only bad thing is that you have to trust the GPS, because it sends you down random roads that I have NEVER driven on before.

and if you are in a travel location, I tend to never get a feel for where things are.