SUPER Cool Unofficial Transportation Map

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go to the parking lot, get into your vehicle, drive where you want to go, flip off the suckers who waited for a bus and took an hour to get to a park 15 minutes away.

I wonder how accurate this is....  

I was expecting Carol to respond before I responded, but I think she has more important things on her mind, like a paying job. As I don't have anything better to do, I'll weigh in on the super cool tr

I'm going to print this out because it makes the Disney transportation system so much easier to figure out!

I wonder how accurate this is....

Let's find out.

I'll ask a few questions, answer them using the map. I'll let you know how you did.

I'm staying at WL, is there a direct bus to AK, or do I have to stop somewhere else?

I'm staying at the CBR, at what stop should I get on the bus so that it heads out directly to the park from there?

I'm leaving DTD for the GF, will that bus make a stop elsewhere or go to directly to the GF?

I'm staying at PORS, will the bus stop at the FQ before heading to MK?

I'm leaving MK for the YC, is there a direct bus, or will I have to share? If I do, what is the order?

Is there a bus from the FW Outpost to DHS?

How do I get to BB from the AKL?

What bus do I take from any resort to get to TL?

Does the DTD bus stop at PI before the MP?

Let's find out.

I'll ask a few questions, answer them using the map. I'll let you know how you did.

I'm staying at WL, is there a direct bus to AK, or do I have to stop somewhere else?

I'm staying at the CBR, at what stop should I get on the bus so that it heads out directly to the park from there?

I'm leaving DTD for the GF, will that bus make a stop elsewhere or go to directly to the GF?

I'm leaving MK for the YC, is there a direct bus, or will I have to share? If I do, what is the order?

Go to the parking lot, get into your vehicle, drive where you want to go, flip off the suckers who waited for a bus and took an hour to get to a park 15 minutes away.

Let's find out.

Lou is the one who always tells us to stay off the buses so this may be an acceptable an answer. 

I thought that at least Carol, a WDW transportation buff, would have taken the challenge.

As for the rest of you, is it because the super cool map with all the pretty colors is not that user friendly?

Carol has been on airplanes all day yesterday, and driving through DC traffic, I do plan to give it a gander tonight :)

Let's find out.

1.Direct. No Stops

2.Which Park?

3.Stops at Poly then onto GF

4.Yes

5.Share with Disney Beach Club. <-- First Stop.

6. No

7. Take AK/DTD bus to AK then another bus (brown line) to BB

8. Downtown Disney Bus 

9.No

Let's find out.

I'm staying at WL, is there a direct bus to AK, or do I have to stop somewhere else? Direct

I'm staying at the CBR, at what stop should I get on the bus so that it heads out directly to the park from there? Aruba but the map makes it look like Custom House

I'm leaving DTD for the GF, will that bus make a stop elsewhere or go to directly to the GF? Poly

I'm staying at PORS, will the bus stop at the FQ before heading to MK? Yes

I'm leaving MK for the YC, is there a direct bus, or will I have to share? If I do, what is the order? No, Stops at Beach club

Is there a bus from the FW Outpost to DHS? No

How do I get to BB from the AKL? Take the Green Line for tansfer free

What bus do I take from any resort to get to TL? Yellow line

Does the DTD bus stop at PI before the MP? MP first then PI

Let's find out.

I'm staying at WL, is there a direct bus to AK, or do I have to stop somewhere else? Direct

I'm staying at the CBR, at what stop should I get on the bus so that it heads out directly to the park from there? Aruba but the map makes it look like Custom House

I'm leaving DTD for the GF, will that bus make a stop elsewhere or go to directly to the GF? Poly

I'm staying at PORS, will the bus stop at the FQ before heading to MK? Yes

I'm leaving MK for the YC, is there a direct bus, or will I have to share? If I do, what is the order? No, Stops at Beach club

Is there a bus from the FW Outpost to DHS? No

How do I get to BB from the AKL? Take the Green Line for tansfer free

What bus do I take from any resort to get to TL? Yellow line

Does the DTD bus stop at PI before the MP? MP first then PI

PM sent with the answers.

I was expecting Carol to respond before I responded, but I think she has more important things on her mind, like a paying job.

As I don't have anything better to do, I'll weigh in on the super cool transportation map.

If you were crazy enough to use that map, all but one of the situations I posted was incorrect based on the map.

That map first popped up about 3 years ago, and after we stopped laughing, I and other bus drivers looked at it and wondered, what the heck was this guy thinking, trying to make such a map, it's impossible to do.

To the average person, it may appear to be cool, but when someone who knows how bus transportation works, it's not that accurate.

Below are the answers to the questions I asked.

No, it stops at the GF after leaving the WL. The map shows that there is a direct bus to AK.

If you're going to MK or DTD it's Barbados, to the other parks it's Trinidad South.
The map shows Aruba as the last village before heading out.

Yes it will, it stops at the WL first, but the map shows that it stops at the Poly first.

No, but the map shows all buses sharing with the FQ. The MK bus never does.

No there is no direct bus. The YC bus stops at the YC first. The map shows that it does share with the BC, but that it stops there first.

Of course there is, but according to the map, it heads to the WL from the settlement before going to DHS.

You take the DHS bus which stops at BB. The map shows that you have to go to AK and take the BB bus from there.

You take the DTD bus. The map is correct.

No, it stops at the MP first. The map, if the arrows are to be believed, show the bus stopping at PI before the MP.

Yep, this real job thing is kicking my butt this week. Plus I'm on travel, and only have the laptop monitor. If I was home, I could pull up the map really large on one monitor and put the answers on the other monitor.

I do have a comment to your answers though. For some reason I was under the impression that the CBR internal stops were determined by where the bus is coming "from" as to which CBR entrance they came in, and the first and last bus stops could be totally random.

I do have a comment to your answers though. For some reason I was under the impression that the CBR internal stops were determined by where the bus is coming "from" as to which CBR entrance they came in, and the first and last bus stops could be totally random.

You're correct in that it does depend on which park you're going to, but as I wrote in question 2, there are only two last stops no matter what park. It's either Barbados or Trinidad South. The map shows Aruba as the last village, but actually shows the Custom House as the last stop, but park buses never stop there.

So far, it would appear that, like most times, FWGuy has given the only correct answer. And you wonder why Bobby hangs out with me?

Ok well... it's still a SUPER cool map.

The copyright info says it's from Jan 2013.  Any chance it was "more correct" then and things have changed?

Love to know who Arthur de Wolf is, how he put all this together, and what in the world possessed him to do this?

I will admit that it does look supercool, but is it practical to use?

As for things having changed, none of the situations I posted about have changed over the last 5 years.

My favorite is the DHS bus that leaves from the settlement? Shouldn't that have raised a red flag?

Maybe ole Artie had a lot of time on his hands. He must have based it on what he observed.

What he may not have realized is that bus operations change at least 3 times during the day. They operate a certain way in the morning, change for the afternoon, and change again at closing. Routes change, sequence of the stops change, bus stops may change at the parks. How do you show that on a map?

Maybe next time Artie will ask someone in WDW Transportation to critique it. If he had, they would have told him, are you out of your mind?

The map does accomplish a few things.

That the WDW transportation system is extremely complex, and that no casual user will be able to map it accurately.

That there is transportation from every resort to all the attractions and back. And that there is transportation between the parks. But didn't we already know that. Do we need hundreds of colorful lines to show us that?

It's simple, and it's worked for a long time. Go to the correct bus stop, wait for the bus, get on the bus, get off the bus, done.