Food Truck Park coming to Downtown Disney Summer 2014

Excerpted from an article on the Disney Food Blog...

For the first few months, the trucks were found in various spots around Downtown Disney — and even in the Parks during particularly busy holiday periods. We haven’t been able to find a definitive schedule or location for them, in fact!

But maybe that’s changing! We recently spotted this sign in Downtown Disney!

food-truck-park-in-downtown-disney-600x5

Food Truck Park coming to Downtown Disney Orlando

Yep! Looks like the trucks may be finding a permanent home. According to reader Dan K., there are several of the signs around Downtown Disney featuring different colors and different food trucks, so we’re still not 100% sure where the Truck Park will finally be situated.

We’ll keep following the story for ya, but until this Summer, you can still find the trucks at Downtown Disney dishing up yummy eats on the go!

Full article...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/03/14/news-food-truck-park-coming-to-disney-worlds-downtown-disney-in-summer-2014/

In one of the DFB reviews from December they said, "truck hours this week (which have fluctuated during beginning stages) are repeating their hours from last week: 5 – 11 pm, every day of the week (as opposed to the original Wednesday through Sunday operations)."

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/12/16/review-downtown-disneys-world-showcase-of-flavors-food-truck/

• 2 months later...

from the Disney Food Blog...

With the debut of the all-new Trucks on the Town Event, along comes a new item to the Fantasy Fare Food Truck: Sticky Chicken and Waffles! I gave it a go on my recent trip to Disney World, and thought you might like a peek…

fantasy-fare-chicken-and-waffles-2-600x4

Fantasy Fare Chicken and Waffles

Full review here...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/06/19/new-chicken-and-waffles-at-fantasy-fare-food-truck-in-disney-worlds-downtown-disney/

• 1 month later...

Some food truck news excerpts from the Disney Food Blog.

DISNEY FOOD TRUCKS

The Downtown Disney Food Trucks have experienced a small menu changes. We’ve already mentioned the completely refreshed menu at the Superstar Catering Food Truck, and have sampled the Sticky Chicken and Waffles at Fantasy Fare.

Superstar-Catering-Food-Truck-1-600x479.

Superstar Catering Food Truck

supserstar-catering-food-truck-menu-600x

Superstar Catering Food Truck Menu changed earlier this summer

fantasy-fare-chicken-and-waffles-2-600x4

Fantasy Fare Chicken and Waffles

The World Showcase of Flavors Food Truck has replaced the $18 Lobster Roll with a Grilled Chicken Breast Gyro (a la the Greece marketplace at the 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival).

world-showcase-of-flavors-food-truck-men

New menu at World Showcase of Flavors Food Truck

And we are in love with the new Samosas and Naan Dipping Safari at Namaste Café. Check out our review here!

Namaste-Cafe-Menu-4-582x625.jpg

Samosas and Naan Dipping Safari on Menu

Namaste-Cafe-Samosas-and-Naan-Dipping-Sa

Samosas and Naan Dipping Safari at Namaste Cafe

By the way, a similar version of the Lamb Meatball Flatbread Sandwich that we liked so much at Superstar Catering can now be enjoyed at Namaste Café.

lamb-kefta-namaste-cafe-food-truck-478x6

Lamb Kefta on Namaste Cafe menu

As of now, the Downtown Disney Food Trucks remain location independent as they await their future home base, Food Truck Park, which is still very much in construction phase.

downtown-disney-food-truck-park-construc

Food Truck Park construction

Food Truck Park will be tucked between the new West Side Starbucks and Bongos Cuban Café. The concept art posted in front of the construction gives you a better idea of what’s to come (yep, that’s a glass elevator bringing guests to the overlook)!

downtown-disney-food-truck-park-concept-

Food Truck Park concept art

downtown-disney-food-truck-park-concept-

Food Truck Park concept art

The Disney Food Trucks have been spotted in other spots around the World, too. Namely, at All Star Music Resort (more on that later in the post)!

...rotating Disney Food Trucks have been spotted near the All Star Music Pool serving hot breakfast and dinner options! Breakfast options have included Waffles with Strawberries and Fresh Whipped Cream and Smothered Biscuits with gravy and caramelized onions. Good morning!

Full article is here...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/08/11/whats-new-around-disney-world-august-12-2014/#more-112354

It's interesting to hear that the Disney Food Trucks have been spotted at other spots around WDW.  The blogger mentioned All Star Music, but that Superstar Catering truck was parked at the Fort Wilderness campfire area on July 4th and 5th:

7414485_zpsc5eb1be2.jpg

7414486_zps339842ee.jpg

7414487_zpsa0d810bc.jpg

They were not serving the menu mentioned on the Disney Food Blog.  It was all barbecue:

7414488_zpsd8c18f8d.jpg

The pig wings:

7414489_zps7b2380e0.jpg

We liked the pig wings, but the execution of this idea could have been much better.  They were only open from 7 pm to 10 pm.  The photos I took were at around 7:30 on Saturday July 5th.  As you can see, they had no customers.  They should have been there at 5.

TCD

I wonder if anyone even knew they were going to be there?

I think it's kind of cool if the trucks are going to make the rounds at other resorts, but they should probably do a better job of letting people know.

I checked in on July 3rd, and didn't get any printed material informing me of the 4th of July activities or any special food offerings.

I saw this one sign at the campfire area on the morning of the 4th- but no information about what the food truck would be serving or the hours of operation:

7414182_zps4f2847d3.jpg

Also note the sign says that the food truck is returning.  I am not aware of it ever having been to the Fort before.

There was also this sign by the pool, which does mention what will be served and the hours of operation.  But, the arrow is directing guests the wrong way:

7414391_zps7896fdfe.jpg

7414392_zps896cff60.jpg

I agree they could have done a much better job promoting this.

I can't imagine that their sales for those two nights covered their costs.

TCD

For the ridiculously good job Disney does with so much of its marketing efforts, it's crazy that things like this are handled in such a lame way.

It's not like they don't have the resources or the means to make a big splash about this stuff.

Heck, all they have to do is leak the info to a few fan sites and the word will spread like wildfire!  8)