Sorry if this topic is somewhere else, I didn't see it. Has anyone attended the Tusker House breakfast at 8 am? If so, how much time did it take? I'm wondering if we'll be able to get some rides knocked out early after breakfast or if we should schedule for 10, that way we can get some rides in before the meal?

When Expedition Everest first opened, we did the previous character breakfast at Donald's Restaurantosaurus a couple of times at 8am.  It got us far back into the park and we finished in time to beat the main crowd from the front entrance to EE.

Not sure how well Tusker House will accomplish that same feat.

I haven't ridden EE in a good long while since they haven't fixed the Yeti.

Talked to the hubs and forgot this is our long day, park hoping to Epcot till midnight. So, I think we are going to pick lunch instead. Now I'm torn between early versus late lunch.

What's with the Yeti? I remember seeing behind the scenes stuff and thought it swatted at riders during the drop. But I haven't noticed that when we rode. Is that what you were referencing, Carol?

The time frame definitely helps! I never know how long meals last.

I haven't done breakfast at Tusker House, only lunch. The character interaction was really great. The characters all came around twice while I was eating. I spent well over an hour there. Hope this helps.

Talked to the hubs and forgot this is our long day, park hoping to Epcot till midnight. So, I think we are going to pick lunch instead. Now I'm torn between early versus late lunch.

What's with the Yeti? I remember seeing behind the scenes stuff and thought it swatted at riders during the drop. But I haven't noticed that when we rode. Is that what you were referencing, Carol?

We enjoyed our lunch there. I believe I wrote about it in my April trip report.

When we do a super late night like that with my son, we do a Fort/pool day the next day. There's so much to do there too, and it gives everyone time to recharge.

We did the early breakfast and loved it. Tusker House had the best character interaction of ANY of the character meals we had. OldeKoot loves the Safari, and we were right there at park opening. Some of us wanted to ride EE, so one of the younger ones 'ran' over and grabbed fast passes for us before the sprinters from rope drop could get there. A win-win situation. Yak & Yeti was fairly new at that time, so we had lunch reservations there.

We are definitely having a leisure day the next day. I'll check out your April post. I loved your stuff for our trip last December.

We enjoyed our lunch there. I believe I wrote about it in my April trip report.

When we do a super late night like that with my son, we do a Fort/pool day the next day. There's so much to do there too, and it gives everyone time to recharge.

• 2 months later...

Another question with character meals:

What is the tipping protocol for Cinderella's Royal Table? We are booked for breakfast on Sept 21. We've already prepaid but I wondered should I plan to bring $25 for a tip? Is that tacky? Or is that the way to do it? Any help is much appreciated. This is our first time eating there. 

That's what I thought too Dave, but I wasn't sure.

This is what the website says in the little "info" icon next to the price...

Range reflects the average price of adult dinner entrées (breakfast and lunch generally cost less), except Character Dining locations, buffet locations, dinner shows, and special dining events where range reflects the average adult price of entire meal and non-alcoholic beverages. Range excludes alcoholic beverages, taxes and gratuities except at dinner shows where beer and wine, taxes and gratuities are included.

This is from the Disney Mom's panel, but keep in mind this isn't official Disney info and I've heard that the Mom's panel information isn't always accurate...

The fixed-price to dine at Cinderella's Royal Table includes tax and gratuity, as well as an imaging package. There's no need to leave an additional tip, although you're certainly welcome to do so if you had exceptional service. However, I don't think the servers expect you to tip above the pre-paid gratuity. In fact, when I've dined there, since the meal is prepaid, the server has not brought me a bill or check to sign at the end of the meal, so it's actually difficult to leave an additional tip unless you bring cash.

http://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?pgm=2&pid=46&cid=107&qid=126961