"its a small world" Global Sing-Along

Posting this and running far away...

From the Disney Parks Blog

As you may have just heard on ABC-TV’s Good Morning America, you’re invited to join a first-of-its-kind, online global sing-along at SmallWorld50.com to celebrate the 50th anniversary of “it’s a small world,” – the classic Disney Parks attraction that opened as a tribute to UNICEF’s work for children around the world at the 1964 New York World’s Fair.

We’ll be celebrating the anniversary on April 10 but we’ve already kicked off the worldwide celebration. People from more than 25 countries, including bagpipers in Scotland, Bollywood movie actors in India, a firefighter in New York City, and members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, came together to create a first worldwide “it’s a small world” video.

http://youtu.be/weZrqrN9Jp0

You can participate in this historic celebration by recording and sharing an online video of yourself singing “it’s a small world” on our new global online hub SmallWorld50.com. At the site, you can also create virtual “it’s a small world” dolls to share with your friends. The Walt Disney Company will donate $150,000 to benefit UNICEF in honor of the 50th anniversary of “it’s a small world,” plus $1 for every sing-along video recorded on SmallWorld50.com and another $1 for every virtual doll created on the website, up to $100,000.

On April 10, hundreds of voices from Disneyland Resort in California, Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Tokyo Disney Resort in Japan, Disneyland Paris in France and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort will come together to sing the unforgettable theme song of the “happiest cruise that ever sailed the seven seas.”

Go share your online video at SmallWorld50.com and keep checking the Disney Parks Blog as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of “it’s a small world.”

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/global-sing-along-celebrates-50th-anniversary-of-its-a-small-world/

Give me a break, IASW celebration.

Nothing exemplifies American ingenuity and creativity better than a cheap amusement park ride that a handyman with a little woodworking and mechanical ability could easily make in his backyard. And that damn song, make it go away, thanks a lot Walt.

Let's build it in Lou's backyard to thank him for all he has done for us through the years!

I figure we can go more vertical than the traditional IASW.  That way, we can make it like a log flume as well.  :rollercoaster:

And Marty wins the internet!!  :heartsmiley:

I figure we can go more vertical than the traditional IASW.  That way, we can make it like a log flume as well.  :rollercoaster:

If you look at the photo of my excellent backyard, you'll notice some lovely, expensive, and I'm sure exotic trees. I couldn't part with those.

You're going vertical idea, Marty, is a non starter, unless you meant vertically downwards. But that won't work either. See my built-in pool, I'm confessing right now that it's not really a pool, that's just the water table.

And don't ask me to get rid of the green and pink box. It was there when I bought the house and I've grown very attached to it. I wonder what it is?

And Marty wins the internet!!  :heartsmiley:

Not so fast with the awarding of prizes that don't exist, Queen of content. We need a plan B.

If you look at the photo of my excellent backyard, you'll notice some lovely, expensive, and I'm sure exotic trees. I couldn't part with those.

You're going vertical idea, Marty, is a non starter, unless you meant vertically downwards. But that won't work either. See my built-in pool, I'm confessing right now that it's not really a pool, that's just the water table.

And don't ask me to get rid of the green and pink box. It was there when I bought the house and I've grown very attached to it. I wonder what it is?

Not so fast with the awarding of prizes that don't exist, Queen of content. We need a plan B.

Problems, problems!  Don't bring me problems!  Bring me solutions!

Due to your water table issue, we shall model this not only on the log flume but also on 20,000 Leagues under the Sea.

C'mon folks!  This must be a group effort.  Who has ideas for how the green and pink box can be incorporated into the ride?