Is Disney messing with the dining rezzies again?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news!!! Well for me and DW and DD Couldn't sleep so I tried to book a reservation for O'Hana for our June trip. I was able to get a 5:10 rezzie for us but it's after DW cousin and nephew leav

My question also is....are Disney's IT people not competent enough to create a system where the invitation email includes a code only good for one use?  

Who would do such a thing? 

Well here's a coincidence - the Disney Food Blog just posted a review of someone that received the invitation to use FP+ for lunch at Be Our Guest...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/04/13/review-fastpass-lunch-at-be-our-guest-restaurant-in-disney-worlds-magic-kingdom/

It's not often that the Disney Food Blog has anything negative to say, but they did here.  They slammed both the "less than incredible" beef sandwich and the "cheaper, thinner version of the original" grey stuff.  Although the review overall was glowing of course.  Which is surprising since half of the food they ordered apparently sucked.

It's not often that the Disney Food Blog has anything negative to say, but they did here.  They slammed both the "less than incredible" beef sandwich and the "cheaper, thinner version of the original" grey stuff.  Although the review overall was glowing of course.  Which is surprising since half of the food they ordered apparently sucked.

The sandwich is good. They're crazy. 

I've had the roast beef sandwich twice.

The first time I didn't like it at all.

I gave it another chance because of a GDF TR.  It was much better the second time.  Which was just last month.

It is odd that a writer for the Disney Food Blog criticized something like this.  They always give glowing reviews to everything.   Of all places, I wouldn't expect them to be disappointed at BOG.

BTW- in the comments on the Blog, guests are confirming the web address that Jason's boss says doesn't work anymore.

TCD

I say go for it. Let you party know that the FP+ reservation may or not work.  I would bet that it works.

You would be doing us all a service by checking.

TCD

BOG FP+ worked like a charm.  Regular line was to the FP check-in.  We cruised right in.

Maybe the other party didn't complete the reservation and thought they did, or was trying to pull a fast one.  Probably the latter.

The MDE site is still glitchy.  Maybe the BOG lunch site is as well.

Jeff

BOG FP+ worked like a charm.  Regular line was to the FP check-in.  We cruised right in.

Maybe the other party didn't complete the reservation and thought they did, or was trying to pull a fast one.  Probably the latter.

Jeff

yay!

I've been able to make 2 dinner reservations for BOG for our October trip with no problem.  I booked one on 4/4 for 10/4 & the other on 4/10 for 10/11 using MDE.   What I haven't been able to do so far is make a reservation for the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party. WDW-DINE told me they haven't opened up the October reservations for that yet.

I've been able to make 2 dinner reservations for BOG for our October trip with no problem.  I booked one on 4/4 for 10/4 & the other on 4/10 for 10/11 using MDE.

Just curious... what times and how many in your party?

Generally if you're willing to eat late (after 9pm) and/or have a "typical" number of people in your party (6 or less?) it's a lot easier to snag ADRs at places like BOG.

Just curious... what times and how many in your party?

Generally if you're willing to eat late (after 9pm) and/or have a "typical" number of people in your party (6 or less?) it's a lot easier to snag ADRs at places like BOG.

After I posted I realized I should have mentioned it's only a party of 2. I know small parties are easier to seat than large ones. The first res is for 8:15 & the second one is for 6:45, both good times.

Jeff

Thanks for reporting back on this!

It's good to know that you can still make the FP+ reservations without an invitation.

Hope you're having a great trip.  No surprise that the MDE site is glitchy.

TCD

After I posted I realized I should have mentioned it's only a party of 2. I know small parties are easier to seat than large ones. The first res is for 8:15 & the second one is for 6:45, both good times.

We've had decent luck with ADRs for 2 also.  8:15 is probably a wee bit easier to get, but the 6:45 is still prime time.  Great that you lucked into both!  :)

I was finally able to make October reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party this morning. I hope it isn't on a night for the MNSSHP. They haven't listed those dates yet.