Awesome looking conversion! Way too rich for my blood though, not to mention you'd need a CDL to drive that, wouldn't you?

not to mention you'd need a CDL to drive that, wouldn't you?

Nope, by it's name, a CDL (Commercial Drivers License) is only needed to drive specific classes of commercial vehicles.  While a few states have started requiring a similar non-commercial drivers license many still do not.  You will see many commercial looking tractors pulling fifth wheels with "Private Coach" or similar things painted on the doors or fenders to notify law enforcement that it is not a commercial vehicle.  It is along the same lines that RV's do not have to drive through the scales that ll commercial vehicles have to.

That's nicer than my house.  If I had that, I could convince FWGirl to go fulltime.

Curious if that the original powerplant. I never saw any data but I was under the impression that most of the RTS busses had the 6V70 (or smaller)  2 stroke Detroits, thats a fairly large 8V in that one.

If memory serves, the WDW RTS buses have the bigger engines. I believe they look like the one in the photos. I'll have to check.

Curious if that the original powerplant. I never saw any data but I was under the impression that most of the RTS busses had the 6V70 (or smaller)  2 stroke Detroits, thats a fairly large 8V in that one.

If memory serves, the WDW RTS buses have the bigger engines. I believe they look like the one in the photos. I'll have to check.

I thought I heard that they were the 6V70 which would be the V6, 70 cubic inch per cylinder. We have a couple of the 6V92 and an 8V92, they pull like crazy but they are thirsty and smoke.

I'll bet MagicBus could spirit a fleet of these to us for conversion in out campsites.  We would just have to be quieter than a power washer in doing the work.  Although i didn't see any slideouts, so maybe that won't work.  Never mind.

The RTS buses were ahead of their time styling-wise and in my opinion, I think they're better looking than the new low floor buses.

I can give a guest a better ride experience on the RTS than on most of the other buses.

I had one today and it drove like a dream, but sadly that is not the norm. Most are slow & noisy. They do have some design flaws and they do need to be retired. I wasn't around when they were new, but I bet they were great for the time.