Yes you CAN rent kayaks at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground

There's a thread that answers the question of "can I rent a kayak at the Fort?" on the Community Board, but I wanted to put it here so the general public can see it also.  :)

We have "Fiend on the Scene" confirmation that as of last month (March 2014) you are indeed still able to rent kayaks from the Bike Barn at Fort Wilderness.  Rental information is on this page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/activities/bike-barn-r9

And here's the thread on the Community Board, for those of you with member logins - complete with photographic proof  8)

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12590-confusion-on-kayak-rental/#entry356761

And if you don't have a login and can't get to the Community Board - why not?  It's completely FREE and allows you access to the huge "members only" section of Fort Fiends where a lot of the fun happens. So... setup your login today and see all the good stuff you're missing.  :wave1:

• 3 weeks later...

Canoes are jsut barely acceptable for two people if the person in front (wife) listens and doesn't paddle too often.

Tandem canoes are the devils plaything.

Unless you are exteremely co-ordinated and in synch, all you have are crashing paddles and a lot of words that aren't Disney acceptable...

Canoes are jsut barely acceptable for two people if the person in front (wife) listens and doesn't paddle too often.

Tandem canoes are the devils plaything.

Unless you are exteremely co-ordinated and in synch, all you have are crashing paddles and a lot of words that aren't Disney acceptable...

You need a canoeing lesson.

TCD

• 1 month later...

Since the claim that you can't rent kayaks at the Fort was posted on the other board in April, and I hadn't been by the Bike Barn since March, I personally checked on this last month.  These photos were taken on Friday, May 23, 2014: 

Here are the rental canoes:

52314249_zps37ee8ba6.jpg

And the rental kayaks:

52314250_zps4db55431.jpg

Over here, we have a kayak paddle and a couple of canoe paddles:

52314251_zps806e971e.jpg

And here is the price list for the rentals, as of May 23, 2014:

52314253_zpsc68c789c.jpg

Bottom line- nothing new.

TCD