I think I found Lou's next project!  ImagineeringDisney has posted an article showing a working model of Disneyland's Splash Mountain made by one of their readers...

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2013/10/21/working-splash-mountain-model.html

A few excerpts...

4562298-23734445-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARES

This AMAZING working 1/87th scale model of Disneyland's Splash Mountain was built by one of our readers. Matt Camisa began building it two years ago and it’s approximately 64% complete today.

4562298-23734435-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARES

4562298-23734438-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARES

4562298-23734436-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARES

The model is complete with 16 hand-sculpted and cast boats.

4562298-23734441-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARES

I need that in either 1:24 or 1:22.5 scale for the garden train!

One of the Fiends that was at Gettysburg has a garden layout, Dalspot and the funny thing is years ago before Fort Fiends I was at her place for a train open house, small world. What other thread was it where you guys were talking of garden layouts, I told her about it but could not remember where.

Bobby told me the imagineers have decided to resurrect Honey I Shrunk the Audience. All guests will be required to see it and will be shrunken. This will allow Disney to miniaturize all attractions, and the parks will fit into a quarter acre space. One emu leg will feed everyone. Of course prices will remain full sized.