This is as good a time as any to announce that I have booked the entire 500 loop next week for the 1st annual DITfest.  Y'all are invited to come camp, drink Russian beer and drive golf carts recklessly around and around the loop.  I've also requested exclusive access to stall #2 for the week, so anyone camping in 400 or 700 next week either has to wait for stall #1 or use their own shitter. 

We are at the Fort right now and when we came in we requested the 500 loop and were moved to the 900 due to it closing next week.

Thanks for the confirmation.  :)

Hope you're having a great time! 

And let us know how you like 900. We've been ponder the jump to a premium loop for a while and 900 is actually high on our list.

We are normally 1400 loop people, but when we arrived today they told us no 1400 loop availability due to it being closed soon. Something about a construction project! As Captain Jack would say...."argggggh"

So we are in loop 900. So far so good! If there are any fiends out and about, look for the FF plate on the front of the Moho.

We have been very happy with 900. It has very nice sites that give you plenty of room. It is also kind of in the middle of everything and we have loved being able to ride our bikes down to the water and catch the boat to MK with no problems.

I would love to see some photos maybe, possibly?  I am considering requesting the 900 loop as well.  

We are normally 1400 loop people, but when we arrived today they told us no 1400 loop availability due to it being closed soon. Something about a construction project! As Captain Jack would say...."argggggh"

So we are in loop 900. So far so good! If there are any fiends out and about, look for the FF plate on the front of the Moho.

I wonder what is going on?  Did I miss an announcement of something new going up at the Fort?  I have mixed emotions about that and I certainly have more than normal Fort days planned for our trip in December.  I would hate to see things buttoned up for construction projects.  Meh....

I would love to see some photos maybe, possibly?  I am considering requesting the 900 loop as well.  

I wonder what is going on?  Did I miss an announcement of something new going up at the Fort?  I have mixed emotions about that and I certainly have more than normal Fort days planned for our trip in December.  I would hate to see things buttoned up for construction projects.  Meh....

Youtube offers drive thru videos of the different loops.  I think I just google Ft Wilderness loops and it brought up several videos. This might help in your decision.

You can find links to videos of all the camping loops, a snazzy Google Earth application where you can zoom right in, and the FortFiend Sites app that has specs and photos of all sites on this page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

I wonder what is going on?  Did I miss an announcement of something new going up at the Fort?  ....

Seems to be just routine maintenance.  700 recently closed for "culvert work" and a few other loops are on the schedule to close as well, not sure for exactly what.

I was shocked to see the "permanent" camper moved from the end of the 700 loop. In the last few years it has become one of our favorite drive by's.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The 500 loop looks good and is repopulating nicely. Still no construction activity in 1400 and almost 100% full of campers.

900 loop has some maintenance work going on and currently has no water...... Which has high degree of irony since my new camper has a pretty bad water leak every time it rains, so no water where we need it and too much water where we don't!