For internet needs, I use a combination of a Verizon MiFi, and the HotSpot with my T-Mobile phone. Whichever provides the better service depending on my location.

If there is no cable at a campsite, I use a digital antenna to at least get some local weather, if no regular TV service, I have XM Radio in the camper.

On my line, I have unlimited data with the tethering and hot spot included. However, work is paying for my phone, and me being connected is important to them. My data bill is $45 a month.

However, Rick who hardly uses any data,  has a very small amount of data with no hot spot or tethering, his data bill is $5 a month.

We have T-Mobile.

We use the batwing for local TV and a Verizon Jetpack for MiFi internet connection.  We have a portable DISH we have used with a receiver from home for satellite reception, but usually just use cable if available.  Our newer MH has a KingDome on the roof, but it is programmed for Direct and we use DISH.  I need to reprogram it and see if I can get anything worth watching on it with a home receiver.  We also have a weather radio, but i don't know how widespread/remotely it would work.

Everyone who uses their phones for hot spots is there extra charges or is it included?

We have AT&T and plan on asking them what our options are.

Most plans let you use it as a hot spot, but the usage goes against your data plan.  Depending on what you connect and what you're trying to do that can add up quickly.

Verizon when they had the unlimited data plans used to charge an extra $10 a month if you asked to have the hotspot feature activated on your phone.

Now that they have just about eliminated the unlimited data plans, they give you the hot spot for no extra fee so you can rack up data overages.

How's that for a marketing coup.