Interesting Article about Earl of Sandwich

My local paper had an interesting article about the Earl of Sandwich company's recent efforts to expand.  They have opened a new store in St. Petersburg, and are looking to add a couple more to my county.

This article confirms something that I just recently learned- the very first Earl of Sandwich ever to open is the one at Downtown Disney at WDW.  That location remains the most popular location in the chain- the article says that location draws 1.2 million visitors a year (that sounds really high).

The article says something I never knew- that the owner of EOS also owns the Planet Hollywood chain of restaurants, and an Italian restaurant chain as well.

This all sounds great, but I hope these guys don't grow too much too fast and hurt their product.

The full article: http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/earl-of-sandwich-seeks-to-expand-with-new-st-petersburg-prototype/2183301

TCD

The Dallas/Fort Worth area is saturated with Fast Food restaurants.  The article refers to Jimmy John's (I can see from my window here at work), Firehouse Subs and Jersey Mikes (which are both within 2 miles of here).  Earl of Sandwich is special because I only eat there when I'm at one of the Disneys.  I wonder how special it will be when I can eat there when ever I want and have so many other choices (although none of them have a Hoiday sub!)

The Dallas/Fort Worth area is saturated with Fast Food restaurants.  The article refers to Jimmy John's (I can see from my window here at work), Firehouse Subs and Jersey Mikes (which are both within 2 miles of here).  Earl of Sandwich is special because I only eat there when I'm at one of the Disneys.  I wonder how special it will be when I can eat there when ever I want and have so many other choices (although none of them have a Hoiday sub!)

Jimmy John's and Jersey Mikes have saturated the Tampa Bay area too- but according to the article, that doesn't concern Earl of Sandwich.  I think it should.

I agree with you, the EOS at Downtown Disney isn't going to be as special as it used to be.

TCD