IT ALL STARTED, WITH A CROOKED SMILE...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid-December 2010 was unbearably cold too!  We went down for our one and only D23 event.  I took my winter coat and could still hardly stand to be outdoors.

D23 made no accommodation for the cold except for heaters at dinner on the Indiana Jones stage.  The only bright spot on that trip was our seven minutes in the Cinderella Suite.  It was supposed to be 15 minutes, but the previous groups had run behind and they decided to make up all the lost time with our group.

Needless to say, I cancelled our D23 membership.

Mid-December 2010 was unbearably cold too!  We went down for our one and only D23 event.  I took my winter coat and could still hardly stand to be outdoors.

D23 made no accommodation for the cold except for heaters at dinner on the Indiana Jones stage.  The only bright spot on that trip was our seven minutes in the Cinderella Suite.  It was supposed to be 15 minutes, but the previous groups had run behind and they decided to make up all the lost time with our group.

Needless to say, I cancelled our D23 membership.

What's D23?

Great job on this report!

I have a comment on this photo:

there is apparently a group area that you can reserve for parties/cookouts just past the 2000 loop...
20140628_145146_zps2054e226.jpeg

That is the group camping area- known as Creekside Meadow. It isn't for parties/cookouts, it's for camping with a group.  And, it's the first place that I ever camped in Fort Wilderness.  In a tent with the Indian Princesses.  The rest is history.

TCD

That is the group camping area- known as Creekside Meadow. It isn't for parties/cookouts, it's for camping with a group.  And, it's the first place that I ever camped in Fort Wilderness.  In a tent with the Indian Princesses.  The rest is history.

TCD

Gotcha!  So... you put your tents in that area??