Anastasia State Park anyone????

Just wondring if anyone has ever camped at Anastasia State park? I have not heard much about it. Was thinking of going for a weekend trip towards the end of the summer. I think it should only be about 5 hours from Miami. I want something with a beach not so far away. We have camped in the Keys a lot, looking for something different.

Yes we were just there before our stay at the Fort, very nice, lots of shade at the sites, you can walk to the beach or drive there is plenty of parking. Only water & electric but a very nice park, we already hope to return to the area and plan to stay here again

I spent last week there, really nice shady sites. Some are very small so make sure you pick out on your rig will it on. Camp sites are not waterfront, but there is parking for beach. Some sites are a long way from beach, we were in 93 and it was close to a mile to beach. Was fine for us as we don't do beaches much. Close to St. Augustine and we enjoyed touring the city. Great campground and would go again. Any questions, just ask.

Thank you everyone for the helpful information.  I think my boys would love the beach and exploring the city. We just got back from the fort in June and have another reservation over New Years and I just made a reservation for Halloween 2015. So I think they would enjoy something different. You made my decision easy. Thank you Fiends!!! Maybe I can sneak over to Disney for a day, since we have AP. I wonder how far that is?

I spent last week there, really nice shady sites. Some are very small so make sure you pick out on your rig will it on. Camp sites are not waterfront, but there is parking for beach. Some sites are a long way from beach, we were in 93 and it was close to a mile to beach. Was fine for us as we don't do beaches much. Close to St. Augustine and we enjoyed touring the city. Great campground and would go again. Any questions, just ask.

Are we allowed to bring the golf cart?

Are we allowed to bring the golf cart?

I did not take mine, but there were several that I saw. Did not notice any sign saying no carts allowed, but did see on about sharing the road with carts. So yes, I think carts are allowed.

Thanks for the video.  Looks like I have to put that park on my list.  Coming from Miami, there are two other state parks you can try.  Sebastian Inlet and Jonathan Dickenson have excellent facilities.  Jonathan Dickenson is only a 2 hour drive but you have to drive to the local beaches which are top notch.  Sebastian Inlet has its own beach but you have to walk to it.  At certain times of the year the no see ums will chew you up and spit you out.  They both have full hook ups and 50 amp service.  While Jupiter is a nice spot to explore, St Augustine is far superior.  Sebastian Inlet is only 1 1/2 hours from the Fort.  Timed it doing 55-60 MPH.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loved Anastasia Park when I stayed there in August 2012! As stated before, the sites can be tight, but it still is a great park. Not a bad bike ride across the Bridge of Lions to the city, and the beach is right there. Only reason I don't camp there more often is due to the fact that is is hard to get a spot. We love St. Augustine and go often, and lately we've been using Indian Forest Campground, and that is basically a spot to park the camper as we explore the city.

Cody