Totally worth it, a.k.a. What not to do while passing through airport security

I'm in!  Not only first page but first reply!  a first for me.  :popcorn:  A first time boyfriend along should be interesting.   :popo:

Congrats on #1!  

I'm in!!! Always love your TRs!

Thanks!  I love yours too!!

I'm in!

Yay!  Glad my tent neighbor is here!

I'm here too! :)

Glad you're with us!

I'm in! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome!

I'm in too!

Glad you're here!

I'm in also, looks like this is going to be a good one!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!  I hope it will be!  :)

No.  

Boys are not allowed.  

The end.  

:rofl3:

Ok....I guess it's inevitable.  I'll be looking forward to reading about how you navigated this.  

With all those girls that you have, your day will surely come.  No way you're getting off that hook.

Along for the ride! Can't wait to hear more. :)

Thanks! Glad you're with us!

Same here. I think a taser would be my tool of choice! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No taser needed, at least not yet!  

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to personally thank you for performing your civic duty..........of posting timely updates on FF.net.

Can't wait to read about your adventures!

I am so blest to have an almost 19yo girl who doesn't want to date at all.  She more interested in courtship.  

That's great, Marty.  Danielle is actually very prudent but is definitely enjoying having a boyfriend.  I'd have more angst if he wasn't a really good kid.

Uhm....What if INC's dad said that?

She was 24 when we got together and lived on her own.  He didn't have a say by then.   :rofl3:

You got lucky! :rofl2:

I'm in!

Glad you're here!

I'm here....   At least Ray let him live, so he has to be OK on some level... :rofl2:  Did he like the body cavity search ? :rofl3: :rofl2:

Yup, Ray let him live and even return home with us, as did the multiple officers involved...

I'm actually finding time to read another TR...  

I feel your pain (well, maybe not pain, but sort of discomfort) with the new boyfriend.  We are actually going down that same road with Ashleigh...  The whole time we were in Hawaii, she kept the airwaves hot with texting him. 

Anyway, can't wait to hear about what happened at Security in the airport.... Since airports happen to be my second home and source of entertainment, I love a good airport story!

If Ashleigh had a boyfriend at home during y'all's Hawaii trip, then I sure hope you have an unlimited texting plan!  

Count me in!

You're counted!  Thanks for joining us!

You are far nicer than me to let the boyfriend come along.

A few years ago, we transitioned to always having a friend or cousin along for these trips, so it was kind of inevitable.  It was fun, but interesting...

I'm in!  Page one???

Yup!  Congrats!

Wow I am In!!, but a boyfriend?  I can't even think about it.  I know the days will come but I do hope I have a couple more years!

How old is your daughter?  Maybe you have a few years left, but it sure sneaks up on you!

Yay, page 2! Can't wait to hear this adventure with 'the boyfriend.' I know it's in our inevitable future also but trying not to think about it!

Thanks!  Glad you're here!

I'm in.

Welcome!

I'm in.

Please don't tell me the boy thought it would be funny at the airport to mention the word bomb.

Thank God, no.  (Falling into the category of things I never thought I'd have to be grateful for!)

I'm in.

Page two!

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

TCD

Thanks!  Glad you're here!

I'm actually broadcasting this morning from our local courthouse - on jury duty!  But thankfully they have wi-fi, so hopefully the technology will work for another update in just a sec.

Tuesday, July 15

So, after one big day of work for the week on Monday, we headed out of town on Tuesday.  We had a slight delay getting out as MCO for some reason was slowing down traffic into Orlando, but we got down there just about an hour late.  Of course, I had arranged FP+ for us that afternoon, so it was questionable as to whether we would be able to make it to all our plans at AK on time.

Airport shenanigans:

P1080775_zps7ba4f732.jpg

Finally made it onto the plane:

IMG_2928_zps18e05f36.jpg

We made it to MCO, where I found this interesting display in the ladies’ room:

IMG_2929_zps9a56aebb.jpg

First “monorail” ride:

IMG_2930_zps43224f15.jpg

Lovely weather on our way:

IMG_2933_zpsf498226a.jpg

After a quick trip to the Publix, we made it to OKW by about 3:00, and were thrilled that our room was ready.  And we loved it!  Lots and lots of room, and we loved the décor.

Our wonderful room:

IMG_2937_zpscc84a24a.jpg

P1080778_zps0da3fccc.jpg

The world’s most comfortable chair (like, really - we fought over it all the time):

P1080783_zps3c7c5e80.jpg

I should have taken more pics of the inside, but I was so excited about being there that I didn’t.  But I did take these of our view, which despite the rain was great:

P1080779_zps52be278d.jpg

See that thing in the water on the left?  I think it was supposed to be a rock, but it was a pretty sad one if that’s what it was supposed to be.

P1080780_zps56324617.jpg

After getting our bags delivered and throwing the milk and eggs in the fridge, we headed out to AK.  It was Patrick’s first time ever to that park, so it was fun getting to show him around.  We missed our window on EE due to our flight delay, but they had actually closed it during that time for weather – tons of storms that afternoon – so we got to go on later.  We also managed to catch Dinosaur, KRR and Safari, which was pretty good considering how late we got there and the fact that we left by 6:00 for dinner at Sanaa.

Dinosaur, Danielle’s most scary ride:

P1080789_zpse2ab6133.jpg

P1080787_zps600d4e9b.jpg

P1080786_zps5771b38c.jpg

wd073wdw201419697945555_7015254240_18_zp

Everest, one of my all time favorites.

wd074wdw201419697965862_7015477343_18_zp

wd001wdw201419697965871_zps34b3576f.jpeg

wd006wdw201419697970066_19_zps80a86c5d.j

wd005wdw201419697969505_zpsce3a1fd1.jpeg

wd002wdw201419697969473_zpsf9bacf22.jpeg

Fun dance party on the way to Kali:

P1080793_zps2e5a5b76.jpg

Never noticed this in the Kali line (sorry so blurry):

P1080795_zpse795c074.jpg

P1080796_zps5dcd31e2.jpg

P1080797_zps2c1b8443.jpg

Not the greatest pic of Ray, but it’s the only proof I was there for a while!

P1080798_zps7651b799.jpg

P1080799_zpsc66bc87b.jpg

P1080801_zps7beaeeea.jpg

I'm actually broadcasting this morning from our local courthouse - on jury duty!  But thankfully they have wi-fi, so hopefully the technology will work for another update in just a sec.

I want to personally thank you for performing your civic duty..........of posting timely updates on FF.net.

I'm assuming you rented a car?  Was at first thinking you took ME...but you said you stopped at Publix so I'm guessing that's not the case. 

OKW view looks nice.  Do you find you do any walking around the resort there, or do you mostly get in your vehicle to go places?  I guess you'd walk to the bus stop...is that far? 

I'm assuming you rented a car?  Was at first thinking you took ME...but you said you stopped at Publix so I'm guessing that's not the case. 

OKW view looks nice.  Do you find you do any walking around the resort there, or do you mostly get in your vehicle to go places?  I guess you'd walk to the bus stop...is that far? 

At OKW there are multiple Bus Stops.  The Resort is broken up into different sections and each section has its own Bus Stop.  Near the Hospility House you have the Marina and the Pool Area.  You can rent the Water Sprites at the Marina along with catch a Boat to Downtown Disney and Even Saratoga Springs.

There is plenty of people that walk around the resort.  Saratoga Springs is nicer for walking because you have the golf cart, plus a walkway to Downtown Disney (If it has not opened back up yet, it will be soon).

Love the update. The resort looks pretty. Everest is my favorite! We rock ponchos on Kali too. I don't mind getting a little wet, but some unlucky person always gets soaked. 

Someone sounds like they're DVC shopping...

We are still debating about KRR.  You do make it look fun!  I just wonder what I would do with 7 wet ponchos afterwards.

We've never worn ponchos on Kali.  Try to wear clothing that dries fairly quickly, and there are restrooms nearby with good hand dryers for drying hair and outergarments. (or there were a few years ago).  

Thanks!  Sometimes you just step up and do your civic duty.  :)

Great start to your trip!

Thanks!  It was a very fun first day.

Your daughter has the most expressive face, I love it! 

Awesome view from OKW.

And does anyone actually want to touch those buttons in the restroom? Is it positioned before or after people "wash their hands"?  ???

I aint touching those buttons - that's for sure.  And yes, Danielle definitely has the ability to show her emotions.  She's actually quite talented in theater (as is Patrick too - that's actually how they started dating, but that's another story), and her expressiveness is a lot of fun on stage.

Actually, we did as we always do when we fly - get a town car.  We really like to enter the Disney bubble and not leave till we actually have to go home, and driving is just not part of the bubble for us.  Even when we've had a car there, we don't drive it to the parks.  

OKWMap_zps3e230feb.gif

We were in building 23 on this map.  It is considered to be "Near Hospitality House", which doesn't cost more in either dollars or points but is harder to get.  But if you can, it's totally worth it.  When we would leave to go to a park, we would walk (short walk) to the bus stop at the front of the hospitality house.  The bus would have already made the rounds around the resort by then so we would just head straight to the park.  When we would return, we would get off at the bus stop right by building 26, which was not even a minute's walk to our building.  It was also the first stop when returning to OKW, which meant we didn't have to drive around the resort.  Loved it.

Having said that, I went on both walks and runs around OKW when we were there and loved getting to do that.  Very pretty.  I just like the walks when I'm actually intending to exercise rather than having to hoof it to a bus stop to get somewhere.

At OKW there are multiple Bus Stops.  The Resort is broken up into different sections and each section has its own Bus Stop.  Near the Hospility House you have the Marina and the Pool Area.  You can rent the Water Sprites at the Marina along with catch a Boat to Downtown Disney and Even Saratoga Springs.

There is plenty of people that walk around the resort.  Saratoga Springs is nicer for walking because you have the golf cart, plus a walkway to Downtown Disney (If it has not opened back up yet, it will be soon).

Yup - that's all right.  We actually ran from OKW to SSR one day.  That will be coming up soon.

I made it! Can't wait for more!

Thanks!  More shortly!

Love the update. The resort looks pretty. Everest is my favorite! We rock ponchos on Kali too. I don't mind getting a little wet, but some unlucky person always gets soaked. 

Someone sounds like they're DVC shopping...

We've actually never done ponchos on Kali before - I usually pride myself on risking the wet.  But this day we had been rained on so many times (as evidenced by my ever-growing hair that day) that we just decided to throw them back on just to avoid a complete soakage.

Not seriously....

Come on....  You know you want to. 

We are still debating about KRR.  You do make it look fun!  I just wonder what I would do with 7 wet ponchos afterwards.

Ponchos or no ponchos - you should definitely do it!  It's so much fun!  We just do the $1 (or less) ponchos from Wal-Mart - I collect them through the years and throw them into my park bag when we're heading out.  Then when we're done, they're easy to just trash.

Bring a plastic bag and a empty backpack.

That would work too.

We've never worn ponchos on Kali.  Try to wear clothing that dries fairly quickly, and there are restrooms nearby with good hand dryers for drying hair and outergarments. (or there were a few years ago).  

That's what we usually do too.  But I'll admit that if it's not hot, I'll skip it - I'm not one to get soaked when I'm already cool.

Let's get going again - I'm done with jury duty for the week so my civic duty is done!   :jumpforjoy

Finally, we made it to Safari.  Anyone who has read any of my TRs over the past 3 years or so knows about the rhino problem my family used to have.  For those that haven’t, the rhino is a face that my kids and virtually all other kids we have traveled with (and there have been a bunch) have perfected.    Here is what it is supposed to look like (from a 2011 trip):

emilyspics013-1.jpg

Well, this time we found someone who actually looks like a serial murderer instead of a rhino.

P1080803_zps621aacac.jpg

Even worse:

P1080804_zpsc0317063.jpg

Ugh.  Scary stuff.  I made him promise to not do that again.  Like really.

After we doing a pretty good bit given the rain and our late arrival, we headed to the AKL for dinner at Sanaa.  We enjoyed the savannah while waiting on our table.

P1080810_zps93391fed.jpg

P1080811_zpsb7c3f3e3.jpg

Sanaa is beautiful, has a great view, and is definitely worth going to in my opinion.  Especially if you start with the Indian Style Bread Service.  Oh my gosh – it was amazing.

P1080813_zps55ff1045.jpg

(Who is impressed with me having food pictures of kitties in a report??  It's my first time!)

Danielle got the tomato soup with little fried bits of cheese floating around.  It was awesome.

P1080814_zps75a7fab2.jpg

Patrick got the seasonal soup which I had a bite of, and it was even better, though I failed on getting a picture or even remembering what it was.  :mellow:  I didn’t get any pics of the entrees either, but honestly, they weren’t as great as the appetizers.  I totally recommend Sanaa for dinner, especially after an afternoon at the AK, but next time we’ll all just load up on appetizers and skip the entrees.  The desserts looked amazing too but we were so beat by the time we were done, that we just skipped dessert and headed back to OKW.  But not before Patrick taught us how to make what he referred to as a bra out of a napkin.

P1080815_zps7b1d29d9.jpg

Didn’t look too much to me like bras, but it was pretty funny anyway.

We were in a circular booth, and had this above us, like we were in a thatched hut.  Very neat.

P1080816_zps6010c31e.jpg

Sanaa is in the Kidani Village portion of AKL, which I had never been to.  It was beautiful and I really want to stay there sometime soon.

After dinner, we cabbed it back to OKW and got settled in.  I really love OKW a lot.  The theming is super, the music that’s always playing in the background at the resort and on the busses heading back is fun, and it’s even got a lighthouse that reminded me of TCD’s recent trip to the Keys.  I’ve never been to the real Keys, but from what I can tell of other people’s trips there, OKW does a pretty good job of recreating the real deal.

IMG_2936_zpsb3ec3e20.jpg

The kids and I walked over to the Hospitality House and checked out the Community Hall, which I thought was pretty neat.  It has games and DVDs that can be checked out for either a nominal fee or for free if you are a DVC member, plus games to play there, a big screen tv, etc.  They were showing the movie that they would have otherwise shown at the pool that night if it hadn't been raining.  

So, it was definitely a successful first day.  We were pooped out but ready to tackle whatever the World held in store for us the next day.