booking ? for desired site Sat or Sunday after thanksgiving

Hi Fellow Fiends,

My family and I are planning a visit to the Fort in the end of November/1st week of December 2015. we are looking to go down the week after Thanksgiving as I had thought that was a slow time, but in reviewing other threads to see if I can answer my own question, that may no longer be the case. My dilemma is that like most of you, we have a specific site we are fond of. Disney does a great job accommodating site requests, but I am wondering if we stand  greater success of getting the site we want if we book Sunday to Sunday after thanksgiving, instead of a Saturday to Saturday? For those experienced folks, do you feel that most people clear out on Saturday, or do they stick around to Sunday? We are able to be flexible and while I know there are a lot of good sites, we like our specific home away from home and want to give ourselves the best chance. Thanks  ;)

If you want it cleared out go the week after the week after thanksgiving.

As for the parks, the 3 weeks after Thanksgiving are a great time to come, they get slightly busier the closer it gets to Christmas.

It's my favorite time. Pack some warm clothes though just in case.

Or the week before Thanksgiving week. 

That's very true.

Except for the 4th of July, the week before a peak period at the parks tends to be slower.

I have been that one to but I couldn't remember if that was Jersey week. If so avoid that week.

I'm assuming that you'd avoid it because of those people from NJ.

Jersey Week falls on the first week in Nov and while the crowd levels do spike a couple of points during that week, it's still only a 5 jumping to an 8 on the weekend. And a lot of that is because of the nut jobs that run, but mostly walk or crawl the Wine/Dine marathon that weekend. Also the F&W is in it's final week.

So I wouldn't avoid it because of the crowd levels.

Jersey Week falls on the first week in Nov and while the crowd levels do spike a couple of points during that week, it's still only a 5 jumping to an 8 on the weekend. And a lot of that is because of the nut jobs that run, but mostly walk or crawl the Wine/Dine marathon that weekend. Also the F&W is in it's final week.

So I wouldn't avoid it because of the crowd levels.

Agreed.  We've been during Jersey Week several times in recent years.  While the accent of the crowds shifts to being a bit more "Joisey" we haven't noticed any spike in crowd levels overall.

Except for Epcot on the weekends, but then see "F&W" above.