I've already talked to Donnie and he is trying to help me out with info he has(forgotten, lol!)

Anyone on here have experience with renting an off site condo or house near Disney? We are looking at a trip with my parents and sisters family and it has to be very affordable. Going in together is our best option. I know that some areas around Disney are not good places to be and have no experience with staying off site at Disney. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Yes DIT rented a house near Disney.

IIRC he used the same website I've used a few times. It's Vacation Rentals by Owner. VRBO.com. They are 100's of houses for rent on there. If Dave doesn't chime in soon send him a PM.

I don't know how many rooms you'll need but we own a timeshare at Bonnet Creek You can rent a 2 or 3 bedroom. The place is really nice and a 2-3 minute car ride to Epcot. You can watch the Epcot fireworks from your balcony. And no you don't have to do a timeshare sales meeting. . .

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa

We used to stay there every year the first week in December, was always nice and clean indoor hallways 2 pools ( one with a bar and snack ) and a pirate ship slide, restaurant and small store on property, not far from publix and 192 but not in the mess of it either. Next door to a small outlet mall but never seemed busy or crowded. Easy drive to the parks and I believe the also offer a shuttle but we never used that.

I believe they have 1,2,3, and 4 bedroom units with pull out sofas in the living rooms, nice size kitchens with ice makers, the first year we stayed we paid (if I remember correctly) 10-15.0 extra a night for a fireworks view room (which would have been great had when been at the condo and not in the parks for the fireworks).

Have not stayed there since Dec. 2012, as last year we stayed at the Fort. But I do know then that they were in the process of redoing some of their older rooms. Staff was always friendly and helpful.

My only tip would be if your driving and have multiple cars to request one of the buildings next to the ship pool behind the lobby building. These have parking around the as well as a parking garage under them. The other 2 buildings have very little parking in front and let me tell you unless you run out of the parks after the fireworks theres no getting a spot.

Hope this helps

Yes, Ray is right.  We rented a house on VRBO.com back in 2010.  We got a 4 bedroom house with pool for $700/week.  It was fine for a basecamp....nothing fancy but convenient to Disney and allowed dogs.  On VRBO you can search with all the parameters important to you, and you can deal directly with the owner of the property and try to negotiate if you like.  

Let me know if you have any questions about our experience.  

I sorry if I gave the impression that our timeshare was available to rent. We used it this year already.

I did a quick search on hotels.com for the wyndham bonnet creek. I don't know when your going so I did a search December 23-30, 7 nights in a two bedroom, 2 bath and it's $263/ night. The 2 bedroom unit has a king bed in one room and two doubles on the other. It also has a queen sofa bed in the living room.

It comes with a fully stocked kitchen, including coffee maker microwave, etc. the resort has 5 or 6 pools, with water slides and two lazy rivers. Several pool bars and pool restaraunts. Everything from burgers, sandwiches, and pizza to a couple of more formal restaraunts. There is bus service from the resort two the parks but it's not the most convenient system and it's $6/person round trip. We took taxis and used the bus. If you decide to go there I can give you a few tips on the best ways to get around from the resort.

Some friends of ours rent a house quite often when they go to Disney. The house is located off 192, in a gated community. Don't remember exactly where, but I do know we drove past the old "China....something" place. Really nice with a private pool. When four people shared, it turned out to be less than a regular hotel room on 192, less than 50 a night per person.

Some friends of ours rent a house quite often when they go to Disney. The house is located off 192, in a gated community. Don't remember exactly where, but I do know we drove past the old "China....something" place. Really nice with a private pool. When four people shared, it turned out to be less than a regular hotel room on 192, less than 50 a night per person.

The one we rented was also back behind Splendid China.