Fast pass and child swap?

Can someone school me on this?

Is there anyway to use this to our advantage? If my parents, Adam, myself and the baby are in the park, someone will have to sit with the baby while the rest of us ride something she can't. If we all have fast passes can we still get a rider swap or how does this work?

I haven't done this recently, but a couple of years ago friends of ours were at the Fort with their 2 kids, one young one not tall enough to ride some things.  I'm betting things have changed since, but here's how it worked then...

Adult #1 stayed with young'un while adult #2 and up to 3 guests rode ride.

Adults swap young'un and Adult #1 goes through FP line with up to 3 guests.

I haven't done this recently, but a couple of years ago friends of ours were at the Fort with their 2 kids, one young one not tall enough to ride some things. I'm betting things have changed since, but here's how it worked then...

Adult #1 stayed with young'un while adult #2 and up to 3 guests rode ride.

Adults swap young'un and Adult #1 goes through FP line with up to 3 guests.

We did it on our last trip. Mo you are mostly right. The first adult can go thru with as many people as they want. As long as they have FP+ or are willing to wait inline.

Say Brian took Adam on Soar-in using their FP+ and your parents and several other people in your group had FPs goes first. Then the CM gives y'all a rider swap pass. When Brian, and the others get off the ride he watches Elizabeth. Then you and three others can immediately go thru the FP return line to ride the ride.

Does that make sense?

So, is it possible for Adam to ride twice? I'm confused

Actually, yes.  Check ahead of time for which rides have rider swap because not all do.  BUT, just ask the CM when you get into line.  (Entire party may need to be there when asking so they can see the little ones.)  They will give you something that looks like an old fastpass ticket.  Your party rides and when you get off you sit with the wee one and that group that just rode with you (up to 3 people) now rides again with the parent that sat out first.  It seems a little unfair to others in line, but I guess the thought is that the group traveling/putting up with littles could use a few perks.

Attractions Offering Rider Switch

According to Disney's "official rules"  you aren't really supposed to take that many the second time, though:

To Use Rider Switch:

1. Check that Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question by asking a Cast Member.

2. Enter the normal queue with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guest who will not be riding will then be issued a Rider Switch Pass and asked to wait in a designated area. This group is “Party 2.” 

3. The remaining party members, “Party 1,” ride the attraction. 

4. After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2. The non-rider is then “switched” to Party 1. 

5. Party 2 enters without having to wait in the regular queue a second time and boards the attraction. The Rider Switch Pass must be presented to a Cast Member at this time. 

If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note: Only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.

If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note: Only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.

I wonder if this is new-ish?  Last time we did it we were told specifically that it was 3 people + the rider.

I wonder if this is new-ish?  Last time we did it we were told specifically that it was 3 people + the rider.

I know!  I just looked it up on their site so I could paste it here.  When we used it in March we got rider + 3. 

When we did it in June. They gave us the same paper pass they've given us in the past. And it said + 3.

I know! I just looked it up on their site so I could paste it here. When we used it in March we got rider + 3.

Hmm... maybe it changed when they rolled out FP+?

When we got one in June it was the some old paper pass we've received in the past. And it said +3.

DW's cousin stayed with her son and three of us rode BTMRR and then DW stayed with nephew and cousin rode with me and DD.

Take a look at this thread-the poster there said they loved the Rider Switch because it allowed the taller kids in her party to go through the FP+ line twice: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12450-is-it-worth-it-fastpass/

I don't have a short kid, but from what I understand, and have seen, when you use the rider switch, you are actually given a paper pass that looks like an old Fastpass- like this (photo credit to GDF's boyfriend, Josh) :

Fvm2uOnh.jpg

Those paper passes are gold.  They can be used by anyone- including the people who already rode the ride- and they can be used at any time.  Like an instant FP+.

With some proper planning, little Elizabeth is going to hook y'all up.

TCD

With some proper planning, little Elizabeth is going to hook y'all up.

TCD

That's what I am hoping. We are only doing 1 park day (thank you tacky contest!!) and I need to cram in as much as we possibly can. Which means 3 mountains, SDMT, and everything else. Including wishes and both parades. Was going to skip fireworks but Adam randomly mentioned the other day (doesn't know we are going yet) he wants to see Tinkerbell fly because she's always just a green blob (we have only watched Wishes from outside the parks.) I've got some major planning to do.

That's what I am hoping. We are only doing 1 park day (thank you tacky contest!!) and I need to cram in as much as we possibly can. Which means 3 mountains, SDMT, and everything else. Including wishes and both parades. Was going to skip fireworks but Adam randomly mentioned the other day (doesn't know we are going yet) he wants to see Tinkerbell fly because she's always just a green blob (we have only watched Wishes from outside the parks.) I've got some major planning to do.

If that's the case, then I think what you want to do is use the group to spread out the FP+ reservations.  Just one or two guests should use the FP+ for each of the rider switch eligible rides, and get the rider switch passes.  Those passes can then be used by four members of the party later on.

To see Tinkerbell the best, you want to be on the bridge to Tomorrowland or in the FP+ viewing area.  He will fly right over your heads.

TCD

I think they recently reduced the # who can ride with a rider switch pass.

If that's the case, then I think what you want to do is use the group to spread out the FP+ reservations.  Just one or two guests should use the FP+ for each of the rider switch eligible rides, and get the rider switch passes.  Those passes can then be used by four members of the party later on.

To see Tinkerbell the best, you want to be on the bridge to Tomorrowland or in the FP+ viewing area.  He will fly right over your heads.

TCD

Yes, that should work.

I think they recently reduced the # who can ride with a rider switch pass.

I screen-capped what the official Disney site says on the thread that I provided the link for.  It says just one adult and one child can use the pass. But the member posting on that thread said her kids (plural) got to ride the FP+ rides twice.

I tried to find an image of a rider switch pass that says it's only good for two, and haven't found one.  At one point earlier this year, they were using slips of colored paper for the rider switch passes (I believe you used that kind on a prior trip), but since then, I've seen them handing out the passes like those shown in the photo above.

It seems that the rider switch concept is in a state of flux.

TCD

I screen-capped what the official Disney site says on the thread that I provided the link for.  It says just one adult and one child can use the pass. But the member posting on that thread said her kids (plural) got to ride the FP+ rides twice.

I tried to find an image of a rider switch pass that says it's only good for two, and haven't found one.  At one point earlier this year, they were using slips of colored paper for the rider switch passes (I believe you used that kind on a prior trip), but since then, I've seen them handing out the passes like those shown in the photo above.

It seems that the rider switch concept is in a state of flux.

TCD

You're right. On my last trip they gave us a handwritten one. Prior to that, they were printed like the ones you took the picture of. It seems they've gone back to those.

The one at SOAT has always been for only 2. I wonder if it varies by ride?

Sum of all Thrills

Oh, duh on me.

I didn't know they had rider switch there, and apparently neither does Disney.  It's not on the list.  But, then neither is the Mine Train (it's only been open for two months though) :

Attractions Offering Rider Switch

That's the official list from the Disney site.  No Mine Train?

TCD