From WDWMagic...

Night of Joy 2014 entertainment schedule

Aug 26, 2014 | 8:25am EDT

The Magic Kingdom's Night of Joy event is just over a week away, taking place on Friday September 5 and Saturday September 6 2014.

Here is the full line-up of acts and set times for both days.

Friday, September 5 2014 Castle Forecourt Stage

Matthew West - 7:40pm
Chris Tomlin - 9:20pm
Hillsong United - 11:30pm

Galaxy Stage

Building 429 - 7:30pm and 8:50pm
Mandisa - 10:25pm
for KING & COUNTRY - 12:10am

Rockettower Plaza Stage

Matt Maher - 8:05pm
The Neverclaim - 9:40pm

Saturday, September 6 2014 Castle Forecourt Stage

MercyMe - 7:40pm
Phil Perry - 9:30pm
Casting Crowns - 9:50pm
Skillet - 11:55pm

Galaxy Stage

Colton Dixon - 7:30pm and 8:50pm
Britt Nicole - 10:25pm
Israel Houghton & New Breed - 12:10am

Rockettower Plaza Stage

1 Girl Nation - 8:15pm
We As Human - 9:40pm
Rhett Walker Band - 11:20pm

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/night-of-joy/news/26aug2014-night-of-joy-2014-entertainment-schedule.htm

I really wish we could go to that one of these years.  At least INC and I are seeing For King and Country a week later when they come to town. 

If you ever get a chance to go, you should.

But, it's definitely geared to church youth groups.  So expect a lot of screaming middle schoolers.  I went several times when my kids were in middle and high school. It's a nice evening.  Even with the screaming middle schoolers.

TCD

My church is hosting a group of kids from a Moravian church in south Florida, along with our kids,  they are going Saturday night. 

After they get back from WDW, the kids sleep on pews and have breakfast next morning.  I'm a helper for the breakfast.  :)

A lot of sleepy teens in church on Sunday.

I really wish we could go to that one of these years.  At least INC and I are seeing For King and Country a week later when they come to town.

You'll have to let us know how the concert was.

We are hoping to see them on September 15th when they play at the state fair in Oklahoma City.

It is the most corrupt night at the MK. More security calls go out during this short period of time than an entire month.

Shoplifting, drug use, sex in weird places. MK CMs hate being stuck working this event.

Twin #1 basically heard the same thing from multiple trainers and higher-ups at the MK.

CM's hate to work this event.

Much like servers hate waiting on the after church crowds on Sunday.

What a shame.

Probably not what they had in mind when this event was created.

TCD

From the Disney Parks Blog...

This Just In!

We’re excited to let you know that Disney’s Night of Joy 2014 is officially “Sold Out” for both nights, Friday night (September 5) and Saturday (September 6). But if you didn’t get a ticket, you can still be a part of the action.

Blue Scout Media will be webcasting the event live from Magic Kingdom Park both nights.

The link is http://stagehop.com/nightofjoy. Check out artist performances including acts like Hillsong United, Chris Tomlin, MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Skillet and Matthew West who are performing under the glow of Cinderella Castle.

To see the entire artists lineup and event schedule, check out my last post on the Disney Parks Blog.

Feel free to let your friends know, using #DisneyNOJ

Have a great weekend and enjoy the show – whether you’re here at Magic Kingdom Park with us or watching us online.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/disneys-night-of-joy-2014-update-event-sold-out-to-be-webcast-live/

According to the gossip heard by the TCD twins, this years' Nights of Joy were up there with the worst of them.

They had idiot kids jumping out of the doom buggies in the Haunted Mansion.

And several who stood up while riding Aladdin's Magic Carpets.

I guess Disney makes enough money on these events to justify continuing them.  It must be a lot.

TCD