Anyone use one of the RV route finder apps?

Wondering if you can recommend one, are they reliable, worthwhile?  After our last trip and getting on a couple of roads we probably shouldn't have been on with the camper, we need some kind of reliable, up to date source for planning our routes.  If it also points out fuel stops we can fit into, that'd be a plus!

We have Good Sam, but will expire in Nov. and they have ticked my hubs off one too many times so we will probably not renew.

You've probably read this before, but we use the Exit Now book (Barnes and Noble $32).  We have the 2011 edition and it's still reliable.  The facilities for big rigs are printed in red, so as we are going down the road, I look for the exits where we can get in and out easily.  It's also lists everything at each exit and indicates which side of the road they are on.

I searched the Apple App store and couldn't find anything.  

Sorry to hijack but has anyone found an app or website that tells you where there are suitable, wide access gas stations to fill up at especially on the interstates?

I try to stop at Flying J truck stops whenever I can because most of the ones along the interstates have RV islands that sell both gas and diesel. I have every Flying J location along I-95 from VA to St. Augustine saved in my GPS, which is the Garmin RV 760 LMT.  I've learned from experience not to depend only on a GPS. I also use Microsoft Streets & Trips to plan a route and I'll use Google Earth to look at gas stations for entrance and exit if I can't find a Flying J on the route. 

I try to stop at Flying J truck stops whenever I can because most of the ones along the interstates have RV islands that sell both gas and diesel. I have every Flying J location along I-95 from VA to St. Augustine saved in my GPS, which is the Garmin RV 760 LMT.  I've learned from experience not to depend only on a GPS. I also use Microsoft Streets & Trips to plan a route and I'll use Google Earth to look at gas stations for entrance and exit if I can't find a Flying J on the route. 

I also used Google Earth to try and get an idea of how some of the roads were…..but many were in the mountains, and not really easy to tell as far as grade/shoulder, etc.

I am seriously shocked at the locations of some of the CG's I looked into here in PA.  They say they're "big rig friendly", but I wonder how some of them can even get to the CG to begin with when looking at the inbound back roads!

Thanks to everyone else for the tips on finding good fuel stops.  We're just gas but like you've all mentioned, finding one that's not a left turn with only  2 bays can be a challenge!  I remember when we were using my late father's diesel truck for a while after buying our first TT.  Trying to find diesel is even harder in some areas.

Sorry to hijack but has anyone found an app or website that tells you where there are suitable, wide access gas stations to fill up at especially on the interstates?

The best app I have is RVParky (available for free).  It will take your location, and on a map show nearby Pilot, Flying J and Travel America stations.  It will also show Walmarts, Cracker Barrels, Camping Worlds, rest stops and campgrounds.  If you tap on any location, a list of amenities for that location will appear, including whether or not you can stay overnight (such as at a Walmart or rest stop). You can scroll the map as well to check out your whole trip before leaving.  

Another app called iExit is also pretty good.  It will provide a map showing many different establishments such as gas stations, restaurants, etc. near your location.  You can also search by state/Interstate/exit number.

Even at the Flying J's I have seen people have trouble getting in and out by the pumps, even seen someone hit the concrete polls near the pump at the one where you get off 95 to head to Myrtle Beach.

I've been using Magellan RV GPS for my TC so far so good. Wanted to take a exit it warned me "Drive needs to use caution".

My parameters: Height 12', length 26 ' weight 12K lbs, haz propane.

We stopped at a Loves TS near Roadside America, it was so busy, think I traumatized Beckers.

I've been using Magellan RV GPS for my TC so far so good. Wanted to take a exit it warned me "Drive needs to use caution".

My parameters: Height 12', length 26 ' weight 12K lbs, haz propane.

We stopped at a Loves TS near Roadside America, it was so busy, think I traumatized Beckers.

eh she could use a little more trauma in her life.  ;D

You've probably read this before, but we use the Exit Now book (Barnes and Noble $32).  We have the 2011 edition and it's still reliable.  The facilities for big rigs are printed in red, so as we are going down the road, I look for the exits where we can get in and out easily.  It's also lists everything at each exit and indicates which side of the road they are on.

I searched the Apple App store and couldn't find anything.  

I have an app called Interstate Exits Guide on my android and it was free.  It kind of sounds like the Exit Now book.  Only have used it once

so far.

gas stations are one reason its been 2 years since our annual Gatlinburg trip  with 35ft of TT along with another 13 to 15 ft of truck, its a hell of time finding wide enough lanes.  Quick tip, if going though downtown Atlanta, make sure you fill up way before entering the city.  I screwed up on one trip and had to get off smack in the middle of downtown and find a big enough station.  Bit all my nails off plus my wifes...lol