I've been looking at the Memory Maker option that you can buy. I have read through the Disney website, but it really doesn't have a lot of information, and I was wondering if anyone has gotten this and felt that it was worth the expense.

We are leaning toward it, as we like on ride photos, and it would be nice to get character photos together and not have to worry about someone that can't operate my camera. Photo downloads without prints works well also, as that is the only way we really share photos these days (though I am working on a wall of on ride photos at home). Last year we got a Six Flags thumb drive which you could then get on ride photos loaded onto, at any park, we visited three, for .99 each, and we loved it.

I think we are close to sold, but I wanted to hear others' experience with it. Does it expire at a certain point? I know the photos go away after 45 days, but if you return year after year, do you have to buy the package again, or are you able to always download photos for free?

If I went multiple times a year I probably wouldn't get it every time but we aren't able to go more than once every two years so for us it's totally worth it. I love that I don't have to worry about catching every moment. When my kids met with characters I'd ask the photographer to get candid interaction shots, so worth it to enjoy watching and not having to see everything through my camera lens. And then the ride photos, I don't know about you but we ride certain rides over and over again and have fun doing lots of silly shots on the rides with memory maker we get all of those. Also we make sure to take advantage of the photographers, getting pictures of my family together is an extra that I can't put a price on. Yeah I think it's worth it. 

If I went multiple times a year I probably wouldn't get it every time but we aren't able to go more than once every two years so for us it's totally worth it. I love that I don't have to worry about catching every moment. When my kids met with characters I'd ask the photographer to get candid interaction shots, so worth it to enjoy watching and not having to see everything through my camera lens. And then the ride photos, I don't know about you but we ride certain rides over and over again and have fun doing lots of silly shots on the rides with memory maker we get all of those. Also we make sure to take advantage of the photographers, getting pictures of my family together is an extra that I can't put a price on. Yeah I think it's worth it.

Cool, just what I wanted to know, that and the expiration of it. You guys are awesome, that's why I came here.

And, I wouldn't know anything about those silly photos ;-)

CWIntimidatorPhoto_-X2.jpg

Awwww! That's cute. 

Here we are on Dinosaur, we road this ride numerous times because our youngest loved it and he rarely loves rides so we did it over and over again for him. 

15508470905_e2c2815e84_c.jpg

And this is why I like the candid shots, I am in this photo in the background, I look like heck but I am there, I am never in photos and since I wasn't taking photos I was able to watch my autistic son interact with Ferb. Yeah memory maker is totally worth it. 

15485310936_5f20dc23f2_c.jpg

I'm sure you have your answer now. But wanted to rehash the info.

The photos expire 45 days from the date taken. Memory maker allows you to download your photos for 30 days from the first download. So say you download your first set of photos on 1 oct. For the next 30 days you can download any photo in your account. Once the 30 th day hits, any photos added are not part of that entitlement. But you can still download the photos taken during that 30 day period until they are deleted.

Any photo viewable in your account is downloadable. This means that if friends or family that link accounts and share photos can be a part of that entitlement. It is a one time use so you'll havd to purchase another one if you return for another trip.

The candids are great and ride photos are a plus, but don't forget there's special content currently only available to memory maker holders. Like the 7dwarves mine train video and photos, or tot video, of the special magic shots.

Memory maker is well worth the money if you take advantage of the photographers around the parks.

Am I doing something wrong???

I just tried to book a room and buy the memory maker and it won't let me.

I've got to buy a park ticket first.

Is there a way to buy it without buying a ticket?

We have AP.

Thanks.

Ray.

Ray, if it's an issue I can do the MM purchase.  I have regular MYW tickets (or whatever they are called) linked on MDE.  

You do not need park tickets on your account to purchase/use Memory Maker. Maybe the way youre purchasing does.

Memory Maker is sold everywhere. In the parks, DTD, the outlet mall on I Drive, reservation centers, and even travel agents. All have their own rules on selling it.

I would book your hotel and memory maker separate. To get memory maker, goto mydisneyphotopass.com and select products and purchase it from there. Or, if you want to purchase in the parks, goto any merchandise location and buy it there. The preorder price is not available in the stores though, so it would be the $199.