Meant to post this earlier.

If you are bored with the Fort and/or WDW this weekend and want a change of pace, check this out.

It runs Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 10-4.

Parking is $6

Fairgrounds are less than a mile south of I-4 and it's before you get into Tampa itself.

And it's only a few exits west of Camping World and close to LazyDays!

http://brickworld.us/tampa/

Brickworld Tampa 2014:
If you aren't familiar with Brickworld LEGO expositions, here is a video of the displays courtesy of Sean Carroll Films. Enjoy!!

Brickworld Tampa 2014 will be held October 25 & 26. We hope to see you then!

Brickworld, in partnership with the Greater Florida LEGO Users Group (GFLUG) and Orange [County] LEGO Users Group (OLUG), is excited to be bringing a premiere LEGO display and exposition to Tampa, Florida in 2014!

Bring the entire family for a day of fun! See 40,000 square feet of spectacular creations all built from LEGO bricks by local LEGO enthusiasts. Enjoy interactive activities, such as the LEGO and DUPLO play brick areas, seek and finds, and fighting robots. Buy your favorite LEGO sets, minifigures, and LEGO accessories from various vendors.

Open to the public on:
October 25 & 26, 2014
Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
Sunday 10 am - 4 pm

Venue Info:
Florida State Faigrounds, Tampa, FL.
Special Events Building
4800 US Hwy. 301 North, Tampa, FL 33610
Go to the Florida State Fairgrounds website for directions.
Enter through the MLK entrance on the South side of the fairgrounds.

tickets.jpg

Ticket Info:
General Admission $10 in advance   $11 day of show Military Member
& First Responder
$8 (At the Door Only. Must show ID) Kids 3 & Under Free

Did anyone other than me and my granddaughter get a chance to go?

If not, you missed a wonderful experience.

It was fantastic, The models and construction was even better than Legoland.

There were thousands of models, billions of bricks and millions of $$$$ invested.

I ended up taking over 200 photos.

I'll try to get some posted in the next couple of days.

If you didn't make this one, you should search for ones near your hometowns.. They just had a big one in Indianapolis the beginning of the month.

Whats impressive, is these are hobbyists and local builders not someone on a payroll.  I was talking to a Lego master builder from LegoLand CA, and he said that the majority of the construction is for 1 show only, so each and every show is unique.

You don't have to be a big Lego fan, just someone that appreciates the ingenuity and creativity of people.

These are a few of the pictures from Brickworld.

I had some problems getting them loaded to the sharing site so it was pretty late by the time I got started putting them on here.

The first picture is Steinbrenner Field in Tampa, the the Tampa Yankees home field and where the Yankees play during Spring Training.

knwIYFWl.jpgF2hWCaXl.jpgPmpRigyl.jpgot1fTqJl.jpgxrsH0KMl.jpgYcucX95l.jpg

It was much more impressive in person.  A camera is not nearly as good as the human eye seeing the little things/details in these models.

I enjoyed it much more than LegoLand just for the fact that TCD mentioned,  these are hobbyists (well off hobbyists) and most of the models were built just for this show, and then taken apart.

On the cityscapes some of the roads were tiny smooth topped Legos, not just a pre formed plate.

They had one rectangular table setup, must've been 30 feet long buy 15 feet wide. All of the models had moving parts and each one was passing ball bearing sized soccer balls from one model to the next using various methods, arms, conveyors, lifts, even shooting them in an arc into a basket.  It had no beginning or end.

The cityscape that started with the stadium was the same way, one section fed into the next, sort of like driving on A1A ... you never know what town you are in or just left.  You could barely see the other end of the table it was so long.

Lego had a small booth, and they had a sign up sheet to audition to become a Lego builder.  The master builder I was talking to said they are going to build a Lego factory (for lack of a better word) somewhere between Orlando and Tampa, probably in Polk County.

This factory will be the place where all of the creations for new Lego Parks and current park upgrades/additions will be built for the entire globe.

It was much more impressive in person. A camera is not nearly as good as the human eye seeing the little things/details in these models.

I enjoyed it much more than LegoLand just for the fact that TCD mentioned, these are hobbyists (well off hobbyists) and most of the models were built just for this show, and then taken apart.

On the cityscapes some of the roads were tiny smooth topped Legos, not just a pre formed plate.

They had one rectangular table setup, must've been 30 feet long buy 15 feet wide. All of the models had moving parts and each one was passing ball bearing sized soccer balls from one model to the next using various methods, arms, conveyors, lifts, even shooting them in an arc into a basket. It had no beginning or end.

The cityscape that started with the stadium was the same way, one section fed into the next, sort of like driving on A1A ... you never know what town you are in or just left. You could barely see the other end of the table it was so long.

Lego had a small booth, and they had a sign up sheet to audition to become a Lego builder. The master builder I was talking to said they are going to build a Lego factory (for lack of a better word) somewhere between Orlando and Tampa, probably in Polk County.

This factory will be the place where all of the creations for new Lego Parks and current park upgrades/additions will be built for the entire globe.

There you go Mo. Your chance to escape to FL