From what I've seen they havent released the dates of the parade taping yet but seems to be the first weekend in December.

Woukdnt you know that is the weekend we arrive and have friends coming up that Friday and Saturday to stay who would like to go to the MK.

Has anyone been in the park when they are taping the parade?

Will attractions be packed?

We will probably do a few hours in the morning then head back to the fort for dinner and naps then back to the MK for fireworks and more rides.

Im not surr if they will want to see the parade or not.

We were there one year by accident.  The entire Main St. area was jam packed.  Further out into the parks the attraction lines weren't bad until the taping was over and the crowds filtered out into the rest of the park.

The taping itself isn't like a normal parade - they tape the same segments over and over vs running the whole parade start to finish.  They also issue tickets to the participants along the parade route, so not just anyone can pull up a spot and watch.  Everyone without a ticket is usually moved past, sometimes via the backstage areas.

Personally I'd steer clear, or plan to go into the park later in the evening.

Some more info on this thread...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11146-2013-disney-parks-christmas-day-parade-taping/?hl=%2Bchristmas+%2Bparade+%2Btaping

i will never, ever, ever go into Magic Kingdom on parade taping day........ 

was there once. They also do silly things like have the crowd react to a star that isn't there. The stars do their taping of their songs when no one is in the park.

They opened the backstage walkway behind Main Street when we were there.....if you are there to shop on Main Street, it would suck.

However, we were there for attractions and it was totally fine. I believe I wrote about our experience a bit in my TR in my signature below.

I've never seen a specific schedule.  They often shoot the same segments over and over until they get all the shots they need, so no specific schedule.

I did find another thread from 2012 that gives a bit more info on what to expect, including some photos that TCD posted of an actual taping...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/8102-christmas-parade-taping-2012/?hl=%2Bchristmas+%2Bparade+%2Btaping

The year they let you in free on your (MY) birthday it happened to be parade taping day.  We (non-parade ticket holders) were sent in the side and off to Tomorrow Land.  We rode all sorts of stuff around the park without lines until about 2 pm when the taping ended for the day.  The best was riding TTA and seeing the mob scene below on Main Street and knowing they were corralled and away from the rides!    The crowd wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be when it finished.  I have heard that the monotonous standing and re-reacting for different camera angles can be extremely tiring and makes you want to go back to your resort and nap!   :lol: