MK hours extended 11/11

Twin #1 says it's been happening a lot lately.

It doesn't make CM's happy.  They don't find out until they're already there and working their shifts that they have to stay for another hour or two.

According to her, it's a good time for guests to stay in the parks, because most guests don't get the word that park hours have been extended, and they leave before the original park closing time.  That makes for light crowds during the extended hours.

TCD

I was wondering how they sprung that on the cm. If it was like oh hey this day we may extend or it's surprise! You are working late

It's a surprise.  And they typically don't announce it until the closing shift CM's are there. They don't get a chance to say no.  They just have to suck it up and do it.

Twin #1 typically works six days a week, with six hour shifts.  So, often doesn't even get overtime pay for having to stay and work another hour or two.  It's not magical when they extend the park hours.

TCD

Extending the park hours at MK happens and the regular MK CMs should not be surprised.

Not that it affected me, but I was aware of the change before noon.

I don't know about the MK attraction CMs, but MK bus drivers could say no to staying later and many did. There were no repercussions.

I checked park hours again a couple of weeks ago and they'd bumped up the park hours quite a bit for the week before and of Thanksgiving.  We thought we weren't going to have any late nights, but now there are at least two 2am MK nights.

AK is even open until 8pm some nights.  I haven't seen that this time of year since back when they still did PM EMH there.

Extending the park hours at MK happens and the regular MK CMs should not be surprised.

Not that it affected me, but I was aware of the change before noon.

I don't know about the MK attraction CMs, but MK bus drivers could say no to staying later and many did. There were no repercussions.

True, the CM's shouldn't be surprised, as it has been happening a lot lately, but still, there is no advance announcement, and one day the hours will be extended, and the next they won't.  It is a day-of decision that Disney makes based on how many guests show up on a given day.

You may have been aware of this particular change before noon, but they are sometimes announced much later than that.

Full time CM's get treated better than the college kids.  The college kids don't get to say no.  If the do, they get a "point."  Points are issued for being late (no matter what the reason) or not showing up for a shift (even if you're sick).  Too many points in a certain time frame, and you're "termed."  No big loss for Disney.  There's plenty more college kids to fill in the spots of the termed CP's.

Going back last night was a smart move. Got more done from 8:30-12 than 9::30-3 plus it was not hot!

I'm glad to hear it.  Twin #1 says the extended hours are a good deal for guests, because most people still leave at or before the original closing time.

How did they make the announcement? Over the loud speakers?

Yup. They make one announcement in the park.  If you happen to be in an attraction, store or restaurant, you'll miss it and never know about it.

TCD