WDW Reservation Cancellation fees

Hello all,

Just thought I would share my positive customer service experience today.  We had dining reservations almost every day of our 15 day trip in Sep/Oct this year, and we did cancel/move about 5 or 6 reservations. I was very careful to cancel in time via MDE on my phone so we would not be charged the fee.  There were 4 charges on our card however. One for $10.00 Barbershop, 2 for $50.00 Dining, and another for $40.00 dining. I did actually forget to cancel the Barbershop one since we went as a walk up at the beginning of our trip but I am pretty sure I did not forget the dining ones.

I am not usually one to call because I figure it is not worth the time and hassle.  But for over a hundred I figured I better get into it. SO, I called today-turns out they have been having trouble with Cancellations not properly going through using the MDE on phones. So, without hesitation the nice lady at Disney Customer Service reversed all WDW Dining charges.

I thought that was very nice. And I will not hesitate to use the app again in the future. If anyone out there got a charge they thought maybe they should not have I would not be afraid to call.

Have a Magical Day  :wiz:

Laura

I'm glad that you got your fees refunded.

But, your experience shows yet another huge flaw in the Billion dollar plus MDE program.

Supposedly, the implementation of cancellation fees was supposed to result in reservation slots being freed-up for guests to use making day of reservations.

If the system doesn't cancel the reservations, then there are none being freed up for other guests to use.

You'd think after spending a Billion dollars, the stupid system would work.

Idiots.

TCD

TCD You make me laugh.  Did they really spend a billion?  or was that just on multiple magic bands for all?  I think I am up to 40 bands now or so.  

Side note,  They never left a what we call "Love Letter" at the end of our trip on our door. You know that dreaded envelope telling my husband how many Frozen dolls and Mickey Bars we really charged.... Never got one. Did they stop doing that?  I did not get an email either. I got everything else by email from WDW.

I have been trying to get a copy since I got back.  I was told yesterday by the same Nice lady she would email it to me. Still have not seen it and I will have to call.