A Strange Call with Disney Dining

That's pretty darned ridiculous. But, as I've noted before, I'm the only one who appears to care about this practice.  The rest of y'all are more than happy to open up your wallets and fork over whatever Disney asks.

Don't lump me into that group!

Me either!  If we just opened up our wallets...we would never make a return trip to WDW!  I too call and get pricing and write it down on my sheet; after all these trips we've been pretty lucky and the prices given have been correct or maybe just a couple of dollars off.

Don't lump me into that group!

Me either. I think most people don't realize the price change.

If you look at Disney's website and try to figure out what it costs for a buffet it's really misleading. They make it sound like the price difference is based on whether it's breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Not on the time of the year. If you click on the little "i" button next to the price here's what you'll see.

"Range reflects the average price of adult dinner entrées (breakfast and lunch generally cost less), except Character Dining locations, buffet locations, dinner shows, and special dining events where range reflects the average adult price of entire meal and non-alcoholic beverages. Range excludes alcoholic beverages, taxes and gratuities except at dinner shows where beer and wine, taxes and gratuities are included."

I wish they would just post the prices too.

I will just tell them Lou told me it would only be $17.03. To which the will reply, "if Lou said it, then it shall be."

But really, I would never toss Lou under the bus that way. We budgeted for the high price and are hoping to get surprised in a good way. Cuz I suppose they could also say, "you know Lou? That'll be $49.95 a person!" Only kidding :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will just tell them Lou told me it would only be $17.03. To which the will reply, "if Lou said it, then it shall be." But really, I would never toss Lou under the bus that way. We budgeted for the high price and are hoping to get surprised in a good way. Cuz I suppose they could also say, "you know Lou? That'll be $49.95 a person!" Only kidding :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2:

Are you reading the same post that I posted?

Where did you get that I don't care what I get charged?

Here's what I posted.

Or you could have asked on a website called Fort Fiends.Net.

Currently they're showing that the price will be the same on the 23rd as it is today, $17.03.

No guarantee that it won't change, but that's what it's showing today.

Sorry- I interpreted your post as suggesting that we shouldn't be complaining about the lack of information from Disney.

As I already said, it's ridiculous that the information is published on their internal website, but the public can't access it.

As I think about it, Disney must want the ability to change prices when it suits them, and keeping the guests in the dark allows them to do that.

Not a dining problem, but a problem with people that know what the heck is going on.

I called the Outpost, got 2 people that didn't know what I was talking about... Cart parade? Put on hold, let me check, came back uh let me try someone else. This went on for,10 minutes. My wife walked to the Settlement ticket window and confirmed in 2 minutes that it was down the main road.

Mark-  I'm not sure you know this, but when you call the "Front Desk" your call is answered by a call center.  The idiots in charge choose to have all calls from guests routed through there, and the employees who answer those phones are not at the Fort, and in many cases, have never been to the Fort.  From my experience, they are trained to avoid disclosing this fact at all costs, and have computers to access to provide information to guests. I've told the story before about how I once checked in and got set up and hooked up the cable at my site only to find that it didn't work.  I went to the Comfort Station to call the "Front Desk" and got the royal runaround from several people there telling me that there was no problem with the cable in my loop, and that there must be something wrong with my set-up.  It was only after I kept pushing that I found out the people I was speaking to weren't even at the Fort, and when they finally transferred me to a manager, lo and behold I found out that the cable was out in my loop.

TCD