Nifty gadget or "how did we ever live without this" RV gift ideas?

As I've mentioned in another post, we are relatively new to RV camping.  Have a 40+ ft. Jayco Eagle (thus my screen name) travel trailer that we use, on average, 2 times a year for 10+ days at a time.  We hope to travel more as vacation days permit w/ my husband's job. 

So, my husband is one of those 46 year old men that has everything.  In general, if he needs it throughout the year, he buys it.  If he wants it... same thing.  So, when Christmas rolls around, our family has NO idea what to get him.  We're all tired of seeing the gifts we get him collect dust in his man cave, never to be touched.  Don't get me wrong, he always acts thrilled to receive them, but... the reality is he doesn't use (and probably doesn't want) what we get him.

SO... being newbies in the RV world, I'm sure there are some nifty gadgets, etc. that you all have in/ on/ under or around your RV that you really love.  For instance, I've read in another thread about a portable ice machine.  Never knew such an animal existed until I read about it here.  So, not sure about that specific item, but are there others that make your RV life easier and more fun ?

Thanks so much for any ideas!!

Mitzi

Not having a TT, I maybe off base, but here goes.

Do you have everything for leveling the TT easily?

I know for PUPs there is a BAL leveler that cranks up the low side real quick.

What about campsite lights? There are a lot of novelty strings out there to decorate your site.

Fort approved fire pit and a load of firewood?

Portable grill, ie Weber Q or Coleman Road trip?

Fishing gear.

Video projector, screen and DVD player?

Bunch of nerf guns?

I agree with both Derek's and Duane's suggestions. I also would pair the socket with a cordless drill for the camper only. I have a B & D cordless I picked up a t Lowes cheap that does the trick. I leave it in the compartment designated for tools in the trailer. It holds a charge in storage for months.

Amazon gift card

you can get anything from amazon for the TT

trust me he will use it

I agree with Jeff on this one as well.... Men are simple creatures, most of us would welcome a gift card or money of any kind to go out and choose what we want.

Speaking for me personally, I don't worry about the "thought" that did or did not go into any gift card or currency that I received.

• 2 weeks later...