I will be headed to the fort February 5th and was going to over night at a flying j truck stop in Ocala then head on in to the fort on the 6th. My question is I wouldn't have a problem making it all the way to the fort on the 5th and was wondering if disney will let me over night in the over flow or will I need to over night at the flying j?

I,usually avoid truck stop stays as they can be very noisy. I stick with the Florida welcome station or highway rest areas. The closer you get,to Disney the more restrictive local jurisdictions get about overnight camping at anywhere other than a campground.

I agree with Grumpy and Tim.  Plan to spend the night elsewhere.  We always overnight at the Flying J in St. Augustine and rarely have a problem with noise.  After waking up at 3am for a 4am departure, I'm usually so tired I could sleep anywhere!

I will be headed to the fort February 5th and was going to over night at a flying j truck stop in Ocala then head on in to the fort on the 6th. My question is I wouldn't have a problem making it all the way to the fort on the 5th and was wondering if disney will let me over night in the over flow or will I need to over night at the flying j?

What time would you get to the fort? When I called back in June and said that I may be arriving at like 3am, they said it was no problem to spend the rest of the night in the overflow lot.

I'll second the comment about the Flying J in St. Augustine. Their RV parking is away from the trucks and looked like a mini-campground with the number of RVs there a week ago!

What time would you get to the fort? When I called back in June and said that I may be arriving at like 3am, they said it was no problem to spend the rest of the night in the overflow lot.

I'll second the comment about the Flying J in St. Augustine. Their RV parking is away from the trucks and looked like a mini-campground with the number of RVs there a week ago!

My reservation is for feb.6 but am leaving on the 5th. It's a 11-12 hour drive to disney so I would be to early for overflow. Flying J it is. My father and I run a big truck salvage business so the sounds of trucks running all night doesn't bother me at all.

Is the front desk at the fort open 24hrs? If I show up around 8-9 pm who would I need to see about camping in overflow?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Yes, it's open 24 hours but as others have said they will probably say no that early.  If they don't let you stay you are in a trick bag because all of the surrounding government jurisdictions prohibit "camping" anywhere other than a campground.   You will be asked to leave if you try to sleep at WalMart or any of the other big box store lots.

Like you I always leave early but I stop in northern FL where WalMarts, Flying J and rest areas will allow you to sleep.  I then get up early and drive in in the AM.

We usually stop at the Okahumpka Service Plaza, which is the first rest area on the Florida Turnpike once you get off 75.  It is about an hour from the Fort.  So an easy drive the next morning.  It is located in the area between the East and West bound so plan accordingly, it is a left exit.

We usually stop at the Okahumpka Service Plaza, which is the first rest area on the Florida Turnpike once you get off 75.  It is about an hour from the Fort.  So an easy drive the next morning.  It is located in the area between the East and West bound so plan accordingly, it is a left exit.

This sounds like a winner. How crowded does it get in the evening? I know if your not at the rest areas and truck stops by dark there usually super packed.

From SunPass newsletter 12/28/14

Okahumpka Service Plaza Improvements

Construction started at the Okahumpka Service Plaza in December. A new combined restaurant/convenience store building, similar to the 11,500 square foot building at the Pompano Beach Service Plaza, is being constructed. The new building is located on the footprint of the old restaurant building, and therefore it is necessary to close the restaurant building and demolish the facility before the new building can be started. Additionally, new fueling facilities are being installed at the service plaza. Construction at the Okahumpka Service Plaza is scheduled to be completed in late 2015. During construction, the existing gas station will remain open 24 hours per day and will offer hotdogs, sandwiches, snacks and limited car parking. Truck parking will remain unchanged.

Once the improvements to the Okahumpka Service Plaza and the Fort Pierce Service Plaza are finalized, the Service Plaza Reconstruction Project will be totally completed. Florida's Turnpike is appreciative of the patience that customers have had with the construction process thus far and ask that you "pardon the dust" a little longer.