For some context, here are some current wait times...

MK

Tea Cups 30

Jungle Cruise 65

Haunted Mansion 95

Dumbo 65

Peter Pan 120

Space Mtn 125

Splash Mtn 105

Under the Sea 50

Mine Train 140

EP

Living with the Land 30

Soarin 160

Spaceship Earth 50

Test Track 95

HS

Great Movie Ride 45

Rockin Roller Coaster 130

Star Tours 70

Tower of Terror 115

AK

Dinosaur 70

Everest 70

Kali 80

Kilimanjaro Safari 100

Here's hoping all the Fiends currently there either got in and out of the parks early today, or are enjoying a relaxing day at the Fort!

Florida Resident Seasonal passes are blocked out during times like this. I imagine that if there was ever a closure during a block out time, Seasonal passes would be honored, but I don't recall it ever happening.

TCD

It's been a long day.... I should have thought about that. I guess the Parks don't hit capacity at the end of February !

We were in Magic Kingdom today. We entered around 2:30 and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. We got a nice spot up at the train station to watch the 3:30 running of the Christmas parade. We then rode the train and walked down main street before adding back to the fort. The worst part is the boat transportation. It took about an hour to get back to the fort. Only two of the larger boats were running and they were going to both Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

Update from yesterday (DECEMBER 29)

UPDATE 3:59pm EST
The Magic Kingdom has reopened to all guests, but the parking lot is at capacity. Guests are being redirected to park at Epcot, and then take Walt Disney World transportation back to the Magic Kingdom.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news/29dec2014-magic-kingdom-closed-to-some-guests-due-to-reaching-capacity.htm

DECEMBER 31, 2014

Let the NYE craziness begin!!!

Dec 31, 2014 | 9:25am EST

As of 9:25am, the Magic Kingdom is closed to some guests due to reaching a level of Phase A capacity.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news/31dec2014-magic-kingdom-currently-closed-to-some-guests-due-to-reaching-capacity.htm

12/31/14 UPDATE - which also explains the new "Phase B" level of closure

UPDATE
1:45pm, Magic Kingdom is now at Phase B of capacity closing, which means that in addition to the conditions of Phase A detailed below, guests with park hoppers are not permitted to re-enter or cross over from another park to the Magic Kingdom.

The following can still enter the park.

• WDW Resort Guests, including The Four Seasons Resort, Swan, Dolphin or Shades of Green, Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels arriving by bus (Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, The Buena Vista Palace, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, B Resort, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, Hilton), Golden Oak residents and guests.
  • WDW Premier Passport, Annual & Premium Passholders
  • Guests with Park Hopper tickets re-entering or crossing over from another WDW Theme Park
  • Guests with Memory Maker
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barber Shop or The Pirates League.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news/31dec2014-magic-kingdom-currently-closed-to-some-guests-due-to-reaching-capacity.htm

And the current winner of the longest wait is...

Test Track

220 minutes

followed closely by Soarin at 210 minutes

Sounds like the annual mass New Year's Eve migration to Epcot has begun!

And yes, that means there are people actually waiting 3.5+ hours to ride stuff.  :blink:

My older girls are on a bus back to the Fort from AK right now....they headed there at 9pm and in the last 45 minutes prior to park close they rode Expedition Everest 3 times and Primeval Whirl 3 times.  They texted that the park was DEAD.  We had the same experience at park opening this morning....only 200 people showed up for rope drop at the same time that MK was closing due to hitting capacity.  

So....if you want to do a park on NYE but not for fireworks, do AK.  

No closures to report today, but the crowds have far from subsided.

CMs working at Hollywood Studios today are being told to park in the Epcot lot and take the CM bus to HS, because they're using the CM lot at HS for overflow Guest parking.

And while MK is still open to all Guests, the MK parking lot is full/closed and Guests arriving by car are being redirected to the Epcot lot and told to take Disney transportation back to MK from there.