Hi Derek, I had a gulf stream mako 5th wheel, I thought it was a pretty nice unit and I liked the floor plan. I looked up the one you mentioned and I see it's a wood framed model. My thoughts on wood frame campers is to stay away. I recommend only purchasing an aluminum frame unit in case you end up with a roof leak- which you will. This way, the damage will be isolated to superficial trim and paneling, not rotten structure. I fix campers on the side and can safely say that there are 2 types of rv's- new ones and ones that leak.

PS: if you are looking at new, remember 30 percent off MSRP is a good starting point for negotiations.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

Derek,

If you liked the Gulf Stream, you may want to check out the Rockwood 8310SS. Similar floorplan to the Gulf Stream but it is all aluminum construction.

We have a Rockwood 8312SS and love it. It is well built and had a great list of options and features.

Regardless of what you decide, make sure your town vehicle can pull it safely. Good luck in your search and let us all know what you decide on.

Ryan