From the Disney Parks Blog...

Garden Rocks Concert Series Debuts at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival March 4-May 17

posted on January 16th, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Planning a trip to Epcot this spring for the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival? This year, 11 pop bands are set to appear in the Garden Rocks Concert Series, which will take place March 4-May 17, 2015. Several acts will join this festival lineup this year, including En Vogue, Little River Band, Jon Secada, Pablo Cruise and Taylor Dayne.

lrbpwd12345-613x409.jpg

Performances are at America Gardens Theatre at 5:30, 6:45 and 8:00 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and are included with Epcot admission. Check out this year’s lineup (subject to change without notice):

• March 6-8: Gin Blossoms “Hey Jealousy”
  • March 13-15: Pablo Cruise “Love Will Find a Way”
  • March 20-22: En Vogue “Free Your Mind”
  • March 27-29: Starship “We Built This City”
  • April 3-5: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
  • April 10-12: Village People “Y.M.C.A.”
  • April 17-19: Jon Secada “Just Another Day”
  • April 24-26: The Guess Who “These Eyes”
  • May 1-3: Taylor Dayne “Tell It to My Heart”
  • May 8-10: Little River Band “Lady”
  • May 15-17: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry the VIII, I Am”

Which band are you most excited to see? Tell us in the comments section below!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/01/garden-rocks-concert-series-returns-to-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival-march-4-may-17/

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it weird that I basically have seasonal passes so I can eat and drink my way through the flower garden and food wine festivals?

EasyWDW has posted reviews of the various food booths.    http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/epcot-flower-and-garden-2015-outdoor-kitchen-kiosk-reviews-pineapple-promenade-urban-farm-eats-france-fle

He's probably going to be too busy dancing.   TCD

Those bands are pretty bad. LOL

When they have to tell you what "big hit" they sang just so you might recognize them, and/or it's a variation of the original group name because there are hardly any members of the original group in it...

As for the food booths, I have my fingers crossed for the return of the beet lollipop.

TCD

:rofl2:

• 2 weeks later...

From the Disney Food Blog...

New Bonitas Botánico Outdoor Kitchen Coming to World Showcase

First and foremost, the FOOD! A brand new Outdoor Kitchen will debut in 2015. Bonitas Botánico will be located between the France and Morocco Pavilions. This is the area that was occupied by the Brazil Marketplace Booth during the 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, so we’re wondering if this will be a featured gathering spot of sorts.

pr-booth.jpg

We’re Wondering if the Puerto Rico Marketplace Booth from the Food and Wine Festival May Do Double Duty as the Bonitas Botánico Outdoor Kitchen During Flower and Garden!

From the menu, we’re guessing that the influence will be South American in general, and Venezuelan in particular. At any rate, we can’t wait to see the set up!

Speaking of the menu, we already have a few details. Dishes here will include Cachapas, a sweet corn cake similar to a pancake. They’ll be served in a traditional manner with a fresh Farmer’s Cheese. Seafood Ceviche featuring a mixture of Shrimp, Scallops, and Grouper will be paired with Mango and Avocado. The stand will also offer La Tizana, a punch that includes Fresh Fruit. Enjoy the non-alcoholic version, or “punch” it up a bit with the addition of Venezuelan Santa Teresa RHUM Orange Liqueur. We’re looking forward to trying it all!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/01/26/news-new-outdoor-kitchen-debuts-at-epcot-flower-and-garden-festival-plus-menu-details-and-garden-rocks-concert-line-up/

• 2 weeks later...

New merchandise coming for the 2015 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - including a new line of Dooney & Bourke purses - from the Disney Parks Blog...

epcepc836911.jpg

We are about a month away from the start of the 2015 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. Since winter weather blankets most of North America, I figured a look ahead to spring was a perfect idea. I recently dug up details about new items guests will see starting March 4 when this annual festival returns to Walt Disney World Resort.

epcepc009332.jpg

The merchandise events team has created a variety of items especially for this event including apparel, drinkware, accessories and more. These items will be released at the Festival Center, a themed shopping and demonstration area located between Mission: SPACE and Universe of Energy pavilions at Epcot.

This year, the Sorcerer Mickey topiary takes center stage as the main logo on several items including a coffee mug, magnet, and tote bag (the mug features a hidden broom topiary image inside). I love the new topiary-inspired headband with a Sorcerer’s hat and a gardening hat with mouse ears.

epcepc667323.jpg

epcepc667323.jpg

The Disney pin team created several limited edition pins featuring the topiaries that will be found throughout the theme park including the new Anna and Elsa topiaries inspired by Disney’s “Frozen”.

epcepc377844.jpg

Olaf from Disney’s “Frozen” will join Mickey and Minnie Mouse as new garden decorations (the thought of Olaf next to the rain gauge makes me laugh!).

epcepc837005.jpg

Finally, we will release a new Dooney & Bourke collection designed by Disney Design Group artist Paola Gutierrez. This black-and-white pattern shows silhouettes of Disney characters riding vintage bicycles (you may recall seeing the artwork in this story from early January. Select bags released during the Festival will include a specially designed hangtag. There are no immediate plans to carry these bags at Disneyland Resort or on our Disney Parks online store; they will only be found at Epcot during this initial release.

Stay tuned as I’ll provide a first look inside the Festival Center around the start of the event in March. I’ll also have details about a new retail MagicBand created for this event that you won’t want to let go.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/first-look-at-new-products-coming-to-2015-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival-at-epcot/