• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it weird that I basically have seasonal passes so I can eat and drink my way through the flower garden and food wine festivals?

EasyWDW has posted reviews of the various food booths.    http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/epcot-flower-and-garden-2015-outdoor-kitchen-kiosk-reviews-pineapple-promenade-urban-farm-eats-france-fle

He's probably going to be too busy dancing.   TCD

Thanks folks!  This is the first time using my Galaxy Note 4 as a camera.  I actually brought my real camera with me, but was happy enough with how the first pics came out that I didn't bother lugging it around.

I have a Note 3 and mine don't look nearly as good, plus it's always sitting there saving if it's slightly low light.

One thing I find, is that I always have a smear on the lens, and sometimes I forget to wipe it off before snapping a picture.

Gives the pictures that hazy look and feel.

Not to great for action shots of my granddaughters!

I should qualify that the Note 4 takes pretty great pictures in good lighting.  Low lighting... not so much.  Although I got some halfway decent fireworks photos, but I was just clicking away and threw out as many as I kept.

Do you have to keep wiping the lens?

I carry mine on my belt in a Ballistic case.  The screen faces in, so the lens faces out.  I guess my arm rubs against it and smears it.

I haven't had issues with smearing up the lens so far.  Maybe because the thing is so bloody big I have all I can do to hang onto the sides.  :rofl2:

My one complaint is the position of the power and volume buttons. I accidentally turn it on all the time - which given how quickly that big ol' screen eats up the battery, isn't a good thing.

I haven't had issues with smearing up the lens so far.  Maybe because the thing is so bloody big I have all I can do to hang onto the sides.  :rofl2:

My one complaint is the position of the power and volume buttons. I accidentally turn it on all the time - which given how quickly that big ol' screen eats up the battery, isn't a good thing.

So you haul around a gigantic cell phone and you don't keep it turned on?

:rofl2:

Ridiculous, right?  I really do love the thing but that snazzy screen is a serious battery hog.

If I have decent cell signal, I can easily go all day on a charge.

Get to an area where it's constantly searching (my work building), and by the time I get home it's down to 40 %.

Here are a few things to try,

keep location turned off (unless you are looking for something)

turn auto brightness on

if there is WiFi turn that on, but only if you are using a lot of data and have poor cell service, and make sure it locks in and doesn't contantly search

turn off Bluetooth unless you are using it

I just downloaded a free app last night called clean master.  It's supposed to clean up the phone, tag duplicate photos for deleting, look for apps that are running that you aren't using and shut them down, etc.  Supposed to speed up the phone and save battery life.  It seemed to have good reviews.  I can't say much since I only started using it yesterday.

keep location turned off (unless you are looking for something)

turn auto brightness on

if there is WiFi turn that on, but only if you are using a lot of data and have poor cell service, and make sure it locks in and doesn't contantly search

turn off Bluetooth unless you are using it

After some initial finagling, this is what I eventually found worked best too.  Plus setting the screen to go dark quickly. 

Location in particular seemed to be the biggest drain.

At WDW I shut the WiFi off first thing.  Disney's WiFi is so spotty that my phone is trying to switch back and forth way too much.

Normally, if I'm not using the phone for Sirius or uploading a bunch of stuff to Facebook, I can go a good couple of days on a charge.

At WDW recently it was mostly uploading photos to FB that was the battery hog.  Even still, I could get through a day with all that other stuff off. 

Luckily my portable battery charger works well.  I can get about 2 full charges off it and it actually charges pretty quickly.

After some initial finagling, this is what I eventually found worked best too.  Plus setting the screen to go dark quickly. 

Location in particular seemed to be the biggest drain.

At WDW I shut the WiFi off first thing.  Disney's WiFi is so spotty that my phone is trying to switch back and forth way too much.

Normally, if I'm not using the phone for Sirius or uploading a bunch of stuff to Facebook, I can go a good couple of days on a charge.

At WDW recently it was mostly uploading photos to FB that was the battery hog.  Even still, I could get through a day with all that other stuff off. 

Luckily my portable battery charger works well.  I can get about 2 full charges off it and it actually charges pretty quickly.

sounds like you've got it pretty much covered.

I just downloaded a free app last night called clean master.  It's supposed to clean up the phone, tag duplicate photos for deleting, look for apps that are running that you aren't using and shut them down, etc.  Supposed to speed up the phone and save battery life.  It seemed to have good reviews.  I can't say much since I only started using it yesterday.

I've been using Clean Master for quite awhile. Really like it. It does seem to help on the battery thing.