• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay so many of you know we traveled to China to adopt our sweet baby boy.  We got home about 2 weeks ago.     I don't have the time to do a TR on here, but I am doing a blog.  So I'm going to post it

I don't know what to say except thanks for sharing. Not just your blog but your heart.

Nice update!  I was laughing at the "wedding" picture... you could see the brides lined up down the street  :lol:

Tears in my eyes to read that sweet Flint had never been outside... that just breaks my heart.  A couple I know have adopted three children (from Ethiopia) and I remember reading them explain an evening, shortly after they brought home their son (I think he was about 18 months) where he quickly grabbed his piece of bread at dinner and held it close... a reflex from his short life and having to grab what little there was.  Breaks my heart now just remembering that story.  I can't imagine my babies having never gone outside or not having enough to eat.  Oh sweet Jesus... come quickly.

So thankful that your family is now blessed with this little man....

Nice update!  I was laughing at the "wedding" picture... you could see the brides lined up down the street  :lol:

Tears in my eyes to read that sweet Flint had never been outside... that just breaks my heart.  A couple I know have adopted three children (from Ethiopia) and I remember reading them explain an evening, shortly after they brought home their son (I think he was about 18 months) where he quickly grabbed his piece of bread at dinner and held it close... a reflex from his short life and having to grab what little there was.  Breaks my heart now just remembering that story.  I can't imagine my babies having never gone outside or not having enough to eat.  Oh sweet Jesus... come quickly.

It is heartbreaking.  His being afraid of all living creatures (even butterflies) and his worrying about and being obsessed with food are the lingering things that remind us of how hard his life was.  We are so blessed by him.  We hope that our story leads others to all of the millions of orphans all over the world.  God breaks our hearts for what breaks his. 

I agree that your story is amazing.  Thank you for sharing it with us!

Thanks for reading!!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you!!!

I agree that your story is amazing.  Thank you for sharing it with us!

Thank you for reading! Still!! :)

Oh my gosh... he is simply too beautiful.  I loved reading about his progress; it always amazes me, when I hear about the changes (both physical and emotional) a child makes once being adopted. The changes that come from a family loving him and pouring emotion and time into his life; such a real example of the change in our lives, when we are adopted by our Heavenly Father.

Thank you for taking us on this journey.... may your family continue to be strengthened and blessed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...