Fort Fun, Flowers, Food & Fiends!

For anyone still following along, I promise I am almost done! :)) I know this TR is very picture heavy, (and I apologize) but I tried to think of newbies that may come here and haven't seen all that we've seen. CONTENT!! (I want to stay on Monique's good side ;))

march2011fort305.jpg

Amanda, G.I. Jordan & Nathen:

march2011fort304.jpg

Nathen had a turkey leg on his mind, a pretzel for Amanda:

march2011fort307.jpg

march2011fort306-1.jpg

march2011fort310.jpg

march2011fort311.jpg

I told you that I was bummed out after missing doodlebug, well here is where my day got much brighter!

march2011fort312.jpg

march2011fort313.jpg

march2011fort315.jpg

march2011fort314.jpg

march2011fort316.jpg

Trevor went to the counter service to get us a piece of pizza:

march2011fort322.jpg

march2011fort317.jpg

I couldn't help but notice the cast member who served our pizza :rofl2: Need a better look?

march2011fort321.jpg

This is Domenico from Modena, Italy (where Ferraris are made, he told us) I couldn't care less what he was saying, just hearing him speak made me want to take a cold shower! >:D

Ok, Stef, FOCUS!

We each got a slice of pepperoni pizza for lunch, Trevor had a cannoli. Both were very good!:

march2011fort318.jpg

march2011fort323.jpg

The ducks were looking for hand-outs:

march2011fort309.jpg

The artists that Disney have around the world amaze me:

march2011fort339.jpg

march2011fort340.jpg

march2011fort338.jpg

march2011fort337.jpg

march2011fort341.jpg

march2011fort330.jpg

The caramel shop! YUM!! I didn't buy anything, we just drooled a bit:

march2011fort329.jpg

march2011fort331.jpg

march2011fort333.jpg

"Tangled" turret:

march2011fort324.jpg

march2011fort336.jpg

I don't do characters, but when I came upon this one looking so sad & alone, I knew someone would appreciate it! ???

march2011fort335.jpg

I love the railroad. The whole village even had flower & garden banners hung all around.

march2011fort325.jpg

march2011fort328.jpg

march2011fort327.jpg

march2011fort358.jpg

march2011fort353.jpg

march2011fort356.jpg

march2011fort354.jpg

Amanda had never rode Maelstrom so we took her:

march2011fort355.jpg

march2011fort357.jpg

march2011fort342.jpg

march2011fort343.jpg

march2011fort344.jpg

march2011fort351.jpg

march2011fort347.jpg

march2011fort350.jpg

march2011fort348.jpg

march2011fort349.jpg

march2011fort346.jpg

march2011fort345.jpg

march2011fort362.jpg

march2011fort361.jpg

Haven't you heard? The bird is the word! :))

march2011fort360.jpg

march2011fort359.jpg

We'd travelled around the world, and we head towards the exit. Mickey & Duffy:

march2011fort363.jpg

The Dancing fountain:

march2011fort366.jpg

march2011fort369.jpg

march2011fort368.jpg

march2011fort372.jpg

march2011fort374.jpg

march2011fort375.jpg

march2011fort373.jpg

march2011fort376.jpg

We exited the gates and found our bus stop just as a fort bus drove up! :banana: This day is turning out better than I expected. We get back to the fort, and I get the ultimate surprise...........

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on!!!!  No fair!  Don't leave us hanging like that! 

I love the pic of you and Lou!  I agree, he is better looking than Tom Selleck.  Don't try to deny it Lou...  I have met you in person too.  :popo:

Sorry I'm late to the party.  I have bee working waaaay too much lately! 

WOW!    AWESOME!    GREAT!

Man, this TR is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!

I feel like I was there!

More Please.    :popo:    :D

Sounds like its been a great trip so far....btw I love the pics of DeVine....I've never seen her yet!

:popo:

Devine is awesome! The kids will love her, or she will freak them out like she does Dave. :)) Thanks for following along!

Oh come on!!!!  No fair!  Don't leave us hanging like that! 

I love the pic of you and Lou!  I agree, he is better looking than Tom Selleck.  Don't try to deny it Lou...  I have met you in person too.  :D

Sorry I'm late to the party.  I have bee working waaaay too much lately! 

Yes, Lou is adorable!!! When he left I told hubby "I love him!!! He's great looking, is a Jimmie Johnson fan and works for the mouse!, What more could I ask for?"

HOW DARE YOU work so much??? Stop it, we need you here!

Definitely way better day than I had. The eye candy at Via Napoli looks even better than the caramels :popo:

:rofl2: AMEN sister!!! I'll take Domenico over any of those sweets, and I love sweets!!!

WOW!    AWESOME!    GREAT!

Man, this TR is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!

I feel like I was there!

More Please.    :D    :D

Thanks H! Glad you're still along for this long ride. I have one more post to make, and in my opinion, the best of all!! >:D

All trips and trip reports have to end at some point.  :(

When we got back to camp, I noticed something sitting on the picnic table. What was it, you ask?

march2011fort377.jpg

march2011fort378.jpg

TCD had left me a goodie! :rofl2: I had only met him one other time before, so I was both excited and flattered that he had stopped for a visit. It was like finding an old friend. I started writing a quick note back, thinking that by the time I got to his site, him & the twins would be off and running. While I was writing, I looked up to see a couple on bikes pulling into our site. Magicbus, his wife (Gail) and little Buddy!! This was like Christmas morning! I showed them my note & gift, and we talked for while.

"Mrs Magicbus" is just as beautiful as "Mr. Magicbus" (like I expected any less, duh!)

The boys had to go out to the store so Amanda & I went to find TCD.

Clue #1: Hammock

march2011fort384.jpg

Clue#2: Gator

march2011fort385.jpg

Lou & Gail were there so we all talked for a while. We told him that we missed him here. He said he has a TR from a trip in February, and I'm sure he's writing one now from this weekend. Hopefully he will get on here and share with us.  :heart: We didn't stay too much longer after Lou & Gail left, we needed to get home and start supper for the boys, and TCD was going to nap in his hammock before going back to the park. :)

We put the marinaded chicken on the grill and G.I. Jordan hung with a beer:

march2011fort380.jpg

He wanted to go for a bike ride, but his legs just wouldn't reach the pedals:

march2011fort387.jpg

While we sat around, we discussed the whole finger scan passholder thing. Does it work, is it outdated, can someone else use your pass? "I wouldn't try it because I would be the one to get caught and the WDW po-po would revoke my pass!" Was my final answer. ;)

We ate supper:

march2011fort379.jpg

Went off on our last evening cart ride as the kids wanted to go to Animal Kingdom.

march2011fort382.jpg

march2011fort381.jpg

We dropped them off at the front and I took this picture (I knew the next time I saw it, I would be pouting)

march2011fort383.jpg

On our way back, I asked Trevor to drive around to see if I could find Buckeyefortfan, who was supposed to arrive on Friday. I found them in Little Bear, and marched my ass right up to meet them. Chris, his wife and 4 little fiends! No surprise how well they fit in here, super sweet, snarky people.  :rofl2:

About an hour later Amanda calls to tell me that Nate's pass wouldn't scan, and was asked to see I.D. Strange timing, as we had just had this conversation!

We stayed around camp, and I struggled to stay awake because I didn't want morning to come too quick.

But inevitably, it did!!! :(  I woke the kids up to help get things packed up. Amanda had donuts for breakfast: (Mason is keeping his eye on them also)

march2011fort388.jpg

The screen room is down, we're almost ready:

march2011fort389.jpg

We got home around noon, in time to unpack and watch the race. We had a great time as usual. It was nice to hang out with my son. It was nice to not rush around and just take in the scenery and details. It was SUPER DUPER nice to meet up with some fiends. A fort trip is never long enough! It truly is a whole other world. Thanks for sticking it out with me, hope to meet more fiends on our next trip.

That was one Super Duper Heck-a-ver Trip Report! I enjoyed it from one end to the other and TCD to boot. Wow!

Thanks so much for all the work it took to put it together.      :heart:

Great job on this TR Stef, almost like I was there. Oh wait, I was.

TCD would be proud of you.

Also, I think it's probably for the best that you and Doodlebug didn't meet up. You two would be dangerous together.

Most of you haven't met Stef, she is just as much fun in person as she is on here. It's like we were old friends. Hubby Trevor very nice gentleman and son Nathen, nice young man. Oh, Mason their furry child, is such a good dog. And Amanda, very cute.

PFC Jordan will get a big kick out of what Stef will be sending him.

It was a real pleasure meeting all of them and looking forward to the next time.

Great job on this TR Stef, almost like I was there. Oh wait, I was.

TCD would be proud of you.

Also, I think it's probably for the best that you and Doodlebug didn't meet up. You two would be dangerous together.

Most of you haven't met Stef, she is just as much fun in person as she is on here. It's like we were old friends. Hubby Trevor very nice gentleman and son Nathen, nice young man. Oh, Mason their furry child, is such a good dog. And Amanda, very cute.

PFC Jordan will get a big kick out of what Stef will be sending him.

It was a real pleasure meeting all of them and looking forward to the next time.

Are you saying we are Kindred Spiritsdaisy-duck-and-minnie-mouse-wallpaper.jpg

Great TR - and lots of awesome pics!!!  It's so cool that you got to meet some Fiends!

Love your GI Jordan - way better than Flat Stanley  :popo:  That was very cool of you guys to do that!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!  Can't wait until next time!

:bugeyes:

Great TR - and lots of awesome pics!!!  It's so cool that you got to meet some Fiends!

Love your GI Jordan - way better than Flat Stanley  :rofl2:  That was very cool of you guys to do that!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!  Can't wait until next time!

:rofl2:

Please fill me in, who is Flat Stanley? I can't wait to get Jordans photo album together! He was so bummed that he missed this trip.

Good lawd. A stupid doll, more JJ cornhole board pics, a waiter from where Ferrari's are made and a daughter in law who eats what she wants and is a bone rack. I wish I had gotten there while you were at a park so I could smash the JJ boards. It's a comin missy. You can't stop the progress. I have a TCD found spike as well. Maybe if he joins here the tag fairy will name him FWRR Spike Santa.

Good lawd. A stupid doll, more JJ cornhole board pics, a waiter from where Ferrari's are made and a daughter in law who eats what she wants and is a bone rack. I wish I had gotten there while you were at a park so I could smash the JJ boards. It's a comin missy. You can't stop the progress. I have a TCD found spike as well. Maybe if he joins here the tag fairy will name him FWRR Spike Santa.

OH GOD, he's back! And to think that I was worried about you? :rofl2:

OH GOD, he's back! And to think that I was worried about you? :rofl2:

Oh the love between you two!  :rofl2:    :rofl2: