Fort Fun, Flowers, Food & Fiends!

"Flat Stanley" is a children's book that is basically about a boy who is flattened and all his adventures that he is able to do because he is flat.  Teachers often assign Flat Stanley projects to elementary age children (think 3rd grade) who make a paper Flat Stanley and mail it somewhere.  At some point, it is mailed back to the child with messages and information about its adventures.  I have done several Flat Stanley letters for my nieces and nephews - taking pictures of the Flat Stanley wherever I go for a while - very much like you did with GI Jordan.  The kids then get to present their Flat Stanley adventures to the class.  I've taken Flat Stanleys to NFL football games, concerts, my classroom at school, church, wherever.  It's pretty cute.  I guess with 16 nieces and nephews, I'm bound to be pretty good at it.  :rofl2:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cute! I bet the kids love it! I know Jordan will love his pictures, I get letters almost daily and he feels like "life" is going on without him. At least he will know we were thinking of him throughout our whole vacation. Thanks for the Flat Stanley education. :))

Cute! I bet the kids love it! I know Jordan will love his pictures, I get letters almost daily and he feels like "life" is going on without him. At least he will know we were thinking of him throughout our whole vacation. Thanks for the Flat Stanley education. :mort1:

See Stef you can learn something new everyday :rofl2:

Cute! I bet the kids love it! I know Jordan will love his pictures, I get letters almost daily and he feels like "life" is going on without him. At least he will know we were thinking of him throughout our whole vacation. Thanks for the Flat Stanley education. :rofl2:

Boy, ain't that the truth!! Jordan called me last night (he broke up a fight in his bay and got a phone privilege) He loved the picture I sent of GI Jordan in my purse, so I told him I had more where that came from and I was making an album. All the guys, even his drill sgt. thought it was "pretty f*ing cool!" I always put some kind of Disney sticker on his envelope so he is now known as the "Disney Guy" He spends all his free time talking about Disney, The Fort, and The Fiends to anyone that will listen. :rofl3: It's hard to believe how many of those guys have never been to WDW. Blasphemy, I tell ya!

Cute! I bet the kids love it! I know Jordan will love his pictures, I get letters almost daily and he feels like "life" is going on without him. At least he will know we were thinking of him throughout our whole vacation. Thanks for the Flat Stanley education. :))

Boy, ain't that the truth!! Jordan called me last night (he broke up a fight in his bay and got a phone privilege) He loved the picture I sent of GI Jordan in my purse, so I told him I had more where that came from and I was making an album. All the guys, even his drill sgt. thought it was "pretty f*ing cool!" I always put some kind of Disney sticker on his envelope so he is now known as the "Disney Guy" He spends all his free time talking about Disney, The Fort, and The Fiends to anyone that will listen. :)) It's hard to believe how many of those guys have never been to WDW. Blasphemy, I tell ya!

Good for Jordan :rofl2: he sounds like a great kid. I have family  that have never been to Disney can you believe it, they think I am the nutty one :rofl3:

Thanks Rita. You have a good excuse for not gettting a bunch of pics. We had NASTY weather! I was so glad that we were there the week prior. Just glad you all were safe!

I have been slacking on reading up on these reports.  I love your reports, thanks for sharing another one for us!

You are on your way to becoming a TR legend!  Although I am going to have to refer to the "game" as baggo, I can't seem to call it by it's real name.  :banana:

I don't do characters, but when I came upon this one looking so sad & alone, I knew someone would appreciate it! :D

march2011fort335.jpg

How in the world have I missed this pic until now?? 

I'm going through TR's tonight making sure I am caught up with all the awesome reading and pics, and this one jumped out at me. 

I was right to be scared!! 

That chick just ain't right.  Look at that dumb look on her face.  I'd say she's dumber than a box of rocks, but that would be offensive to the box of rocks. 

Thanks Dave. I think Snow secretly loves you, but the other 7 men in her life would get jealous if she showed her affection.

It's funny how I "take all of you with me" when I go now:

Snow White = Dave

Buses = Lou

Anything made with bacon = T.J.

Clotheslines = Jen

River Country = TCD

Horses ass = Larry  :))

Ya'll are just too much fun, I can't even go on vacation without thinking of you! :banana:

I feel left out, why r u leaving me home???? :argh:

Lorna, I would NEVER leave you home, I just didn't want to list ALL of the crazy things that run through my head while on vacation. Whenever I see someone in a Donald Duck shirt, I think of you, as I have seen a lot of pics of you wearing one. When I see people fishing I think of Bob and our old friend from the other place, when I see Germany I think of Lil Lisa..........the list goes on and on! :rofl2:

Thats it I quit I can't compete with this TR the pictures are tremendous and the comentary is entertaining and to believe we were at 318 and drove and walked by your site many times I swear I didnt see you sign when did you leave ?

Magicbus in uniform no less and to think he showed up with some silly looking hat with a red B on the front of it !!

Itch

Thank you, but no competition, I got a new camera (thanks to Bibbidi  :popo:) so I went a little camera crazy!  I love it and am still learning things on it, so expect more pictures after my next trip. We were there 3/23-3/27, so you were just a bit behind us.

Even though Magicbus has a "B" hat in, he is the best! :argh:

It doesn't matter how many pics you have, or even lack of commentary (I talk a lot) we love any and all trip reports!

Thanks for reading!

• 3 weeks later...

I feel left out, why r u leaving me home?:rofl2: :rofl2:

Lorna, I would NEVER leave you home, I just didn't want to list ALL of the crazy things that run through my head while on vacation. Whenever I see someone in a Donald Duck shirt, I think of you, as I have seen a lot of pics of you wearing one. When I see people fishing I think of Bob and our old friend from the other place, when I see Germany I think of Lil Lisa..........the list goes on and on! :rofl2:

So what comes to mind when you think of me? Lap Dances? Toothpicks with blue paint on them from the smashed up cornhole boards? Larry's jackass counterpart? Come on spill it. You're gonna see me later today.