Getting to and from Loop 1600

Hey...My family and I will be heading to Fort Wilderness in October 2015.  We are first timers to the campground, but not to Disney.  I do have a question concerning getting to and from Loop 1600, as that is the one we requested out of the Full Hook Up area.  Can anyone tell me how long of a golf cart ride it is from Loop 1600 to the Outpost and from Loop 1600 to the Settlement area?  I am trying to get these questions answered prior to our visit due to the fact that I am the "leader" and want to know what it going on.  I'm a little nervous about the whole transportation issue at the campground.  There will be several mornings that we will have early breakfast reservations and I've always heard that transportation is a little more time consuming at the campground.  Can anyone answer these questions and, hopefully, eliminate some of my worries?!  Thank you

Dana

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But if you get there at 6:30 you can probably be first in line. 

Boat times:       There are two separate boat routes from the dock.   The Resort Boat goes in a circle between the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and the Fort.  It doesn't go to the MK.   The MK boa

Don't know the exact time, but if the bus isn't too crowded and noisy its long enough for a nap!

Welcome, Dana-

Here's the exact distances, as measured from mid-way around the 1600 loop:

To the Settlement Golf Cart Parking area is just over 1 mile:

1600%20to%20dock_zpsshra8i4s.jpg

To the Outpost Golf Cart Parking area is .8 miles:

1600%20to%20Outpost_zpszfjtocsj.jpg

It's a 5-10 minute golf cart ride to either.

The transportation to and from the Fort is the same as it is from the other Disney World resorts.  Sometimes there are more buses than others.

TCD

Well, I can't actually make them until April 20th, but one will be at Cinderella's Castle at 8:05 (I hope)!  I know the boat doesn't depart until an hr before park opening, which won't work.  So, we will probably have to drive that day, as I do not think they have a Magic Kingdom bus anymore.  Do you know how long (approx) it will take all together driving, parking, and walking to get to the castle?  I know that we will be eating at Tusker House in the Animal Kingdom one morning and Hollywood and Vine (Play and Dine) in the Hollywood Studios one morning.  I'm basically just trying to get a grasp on how long it is going to take me to get from point A to B, so that we won't be late and all 8 other people in our party will be looking at me...lol!

I am sooooo appreciating all of this input!  

Are there any other loops that you would recommend and why?

Generally depends on what level of site you book (or plan to) and if there's anything in particularly you do or don't want to be near.

For us, we book preferred and have dogs, so that pretty much means we'll be in 300.  We like the location - close to dog walk and dog park, and still not a bad walk to the Settlement area.

If we book premium we'd shoot for 500 or 900.  500 for the proximity to the dog park and 900 because the back part of the loop is kind of quiet and backs up to the dog walk.

So pretty much all our choices are dog-related.  8)

One more thing about the walk from the Contemporary to the MK- it's 3/4 of a mile.  Depending on the composition of your group, there may be some complaints about that walk, and I would say it's more like a 15 minute walk at a good pace rather than 10 minutes.  Usually the excitement of getting to the MK will make the walk seem a lot shorter, but it's not a short walk.

TCD

Dana- you mentioned that you're going to be a party of 9.  Since you've never been to the Fort, I just thought I'd ask to be sure you know that typically a rental golf cart will only seat three passengers and a driver.  The Fort does have some six seater carts, but even one of those wouldn't be enough to transport your group.

TCD

Also the 6 seater carts from Disney are first come, first served, and can't be reserved ahead.

If you've got smaller kids in the group you might be able to squeeze an extra one or 2 on with 4 regular-sized adults, but the general  rule (and really safest way to go) is every bum must be on a seat.  Exception is very young children can ride in someone's lap.

Well, doesn't the Contemporary have a monorail to the magic kingdom?  Or does it take you to the TTC?  Better to walk or take monorail?

If you're in a hurry, you don't want to take the monorail.  The Contemporary monorail is on the resort loop, which goes clockwise- so when you board at the Contemporary, you will stop at the TTC, the Polynesian and then the Grand Floridian before finally making it to the Magic Kingdom.  You will then have defeated the purpose of getting up early and taking the resort boat.  If you're not in a hurry, then fine, enjoy it.  But that can be a long ride-there will be waits as guests disembark and board at each of the stops.

TCD

Also, as far as the loop info, I'm looking at the full hook up sites.  I would like to be somewhere in the middle of the campground...about halfway to Settlement and half way to outpost.  I would have to look it up, but I'm not sure what the price difference is between full hookup vs preferred?  We will be traveling with my mom and dad (in their 60's), 2 older kids, and one toddler (along with myself, husband, my sister, and her husband).  I'm just trying to get my bearings on what will make it easiest on my parents and the baby.  I'm sure it will all work out...I think it is just the unknown.