Talk to me about Full Hook up sites.

We will be making reservations this weekend for our trip for spring break next year.   My Wife, two kids (8,10) and myself.  May have another family go too ( kids are  4, 8, 10).  Pretty sure a golf cart is not in the plans. 

My questions.  Walking distance to Pool and Campfire from 1600-1900 loops?  How long will it take for bus ride to boat or outpost?   And in your guys opinion,  on a holiday week is the price difference worth it for Premium sites?   Our truck/trailer combined length is 58ft.  Is there room on Full Hook up sites to park both with out being cramped? 

We need to save were we can, but this is a big vacation for us. Want to do it right, but money saved on site can be used elsewhere.

Thanks

I will let others (more experienced) help with the logistics but I do have experience cramming a larger camper in the full hookups.

When we were there in May we staying in the 1800 loop, I have a long bed truck pulling a 43' 5er and I was able to get in relatively easy. Now, with that said it did take some jockeying around to get in and settled, and if there had been a camper with a car parked in the site across from us it would have been another adventure. With that said we booked a premium site for our next trip. I want the wider concrete to have more area to hang out, setup chairs, etc and will likely just use premium sites going forward.

If you don't rent a cart, I'd bring bikes. Yes, there are racks where you can lock them up. 

I think you'd want to park your truck elsewhere, but some sites might be deep enough. There's an app that someone smarter than me will link here that gives you site lengths. 

Just remembered something else.  If we decide to bring bikes, what places have bike racks to lock them up?

thanks again.

There's a rack just before the beach. Pretty sure there is one by Pioneer Hall and the Outpost bus Depot. I know there is one at Wilderness Lodge near their beach area.

There are plenty of fences around the Fort you can chain them to.

There's a rack just before the beach. Pretty sure there is one by Pioneer Hall and the Outpost bus Depot. I know there is one at Wilderness Lodge near their beach area.

There are plenty of fences around the Fort you can chain them to.

Also one at the pool

I have been looking at the site lengths, there are a few that would work.  I can park my truck somewhere other then on our site?

And backing in a 38ft (overall length) travel trailer in a cramped space is no fun.  If there is room I can get it in there, just would like to keep the chance for "Discussion" between me and the Wife to a minimum :huh: .

As to site lengths remember you can in most cases back the TT in so that the wheels are at the back edge of the concrete pad, some people even put the tires on the sand pad. Where you would need to adjust is how the slide(s) line up with the utility posts. There are numerous big rigs in the full hook-up sites all the time with the tow vehicle parked in

Yes, there is a parking lot out front referred to as "overflow". You are more than welcome to park the truck out there and that frees up room on your site.

Even with my tiny rig, my truck goes out to that lot as soon as we are set up to make the site lots more roomy and just look and feel like "camping"

As far as site size, to me me the 1700 loop seems to be the roomiest.

1700 and 1800 have sites where the concrete widens out toward the back, so if you can get all the way to the driver edge on the pad, you'll have some concrete out your door.

1600 and 1900 have a straight concrete pad all the way back.

1741 has about the longest driveway of them all.