Newbie questions need expert answers

At one point in time (I think) they used to have designated pet loops.  You could camp in them without pets but you were warned that you would be in with a bunch of Fidos and Rovers.  But if you had a pet you couldn't camp in a non pet loop.

Somehow these rules got blurry/bent and now anything goes.

I don't mind pets, had many myself over the years, but I don't want to listen to your dog bark all day long while you are at the parks, just like I don't want to hear a crying baby in a movie theater.

All true.

There may not be any pets at all on the 100 loop, but there is no way that you can specify that you want a non-pet loop and expect Disney to provide that to you.  They don't publish what loops are pet and non-pet, and even if they did, they are horribly inconsistent when it comes to enforcing rules.

TCD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am not sure anyone else has mentioned this - FW is not strict about pets only being on pet loops.  You might want to note that on your site request.  part of the problem, I think, is people who don'

Yes there are folks that think the rules don't apply to them, but these days when it comes to pets in what have previously not been designated as "pet loops" it's just as likely that Disney put them t

All true.

There may not be any pets at all on the 100 loop, but there is no way that you can specify that you want a non-pet loop and expect Disney to provide that to you.  They don't publish what loops are pet and non-pet, and even if they did, they are horribly inconsistent when it comes to enforcing rules.

TCD

That's because it's not magical if you tell someone NO, and make them follow the rules.

But what doesn't make sense to me it they let one jackwad do as they please and let 20 other people be inconvenienced by him/her.

That's because it's not magical if you tell someone NO, and make them follow the rules.

But what doesn't make sense to me it they let one jackwad do as they please and let 20 other people be inconvenienced by him/her.

Well there's that, but there's also the fact that they make no effort to publish pet policies on their website or to allow guests to request a pet site when booking.

So, someone shows up at the gate with Fido and a confirmed reservation.  They aren't going to turn that guest away, even if all of the secret pet loops are full.

TCD

When I rented a cart three weeks ago I was told when I booked that there is now a 48 hour cancellation policy.  They take you CC to hold the cart and process the charge 48 hours before your pickup time.  There is no charge if you cancel before the 48 hours.  No shows or canceling after the 48 hours cost you one day rental fee.  However, Disney as always didn't follow their own procedure.  My card was charged the day I picked the cart up.  When we checked in the CM told me he would process the charge for the cart now. I told him what I had been told about 48 hours out and he said. Oh we never do that we just say we we do.  WTF.   But I do think the cancellation policy is now 2 days but who knows what they actually do.  

So in summary, it's a free for all with rules to be bent. That's so against my nature, but with DS it's also a daily occurance. We'll deal with whatever happens and make the best of it. (Give DH a high five...he talked me down from blowing my top).

Thanks to all that have passed on information. I probably would have blown my top on site and ruined our vaca without the forewarnings and great tips!

I'll be calling the Bike Barn in a few days about that golf cart and will update.

Yes there are folks that think the rules don't apply to them, but these days when it comes to pets in what have previously not been designated as "pet loops" it's just as likely that Disney put them there.

If you're going to call/fax a loop/site request, the best you can probably do is explain why it would be really helpful if you weren't assigned to a site near a bunch of dogs.  That's still not a guarantee, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a free for all.  There are still rules, and I have no doubt if there was an actual nuisance and/or safety issue created by a pet, management would take action.  But, if someone with a pet is assigned to a site on the 100 or 200 loop, and the dog is just being a dog, you will not get anywhere asking that they be removed from your loop.

TCD

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a free for all.  There are still rules, and I have no doubt if there was an actual nuisance and/or safety issue created by a pet, management would take action.  But, if someone with a pet is assigned to a site on the 100 or 200 loop, and the dog is just being a dog, you will not get anywhere asking that they be removed from your loop.

TCD

Actually Disney's m.o. these days if you complain about someone else's dog (even if they really are being a nuisance) is to offer to move you, not your neighbor.

Change of subject...TCD, you mentioned you've been in the 100 loop over the past year. Any comments on the noise level/foot traffic (especially around park closings) for sites 114 & 116 that straddle the walkway? Do people cut through there that aren't on the 100 loop? I can't tell from some of the vids if the tree line is high there. It's not a huge concern, because we are camping and expect noise, just wondering.

We've never stayed in the 100 loop, but we frequently cut through on the paved path.  A few years ago we drove the GC through there, but the posts they installed stopped that. I never noticed much noise around there, and a lot of people went through there looking at Feisty's decorations.  Not so much any more.

We camped in site 114 last March for our spring break trip.  You can read the trip report here: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12250-the-tcd-gang-springs-forward-at-the-fort-a-spring-break-2014-tr/

There is quite a bit of foot and bicycle traffic on that sidewalk, but it really wasn't an issue for us.  Your awning will be facing that path, so there is a privacy issue, if that matters to you.  But, the sidewalk is far enough away that it isn't too awkward.  With site 116, the sidewalk is much less of an issue, because the curb side of your trailer will be facing the walkway there.  You will have a view of the VIP cabin next to you, though.  Also, there's a busier path behind 116,  and that's the one that carries all of the golf cart traffic to the marina.

Another issue with 114 is that some of the  delivery trucks for the Settlement Trading Post park right behind that site, and they get there early in the morning.

All of that said, I loved the location of site 114, and would not hesitate to camp in it again.

TCD

Actually Disney's m.o. these days if you complain about someone else's dog (even if they really are being a nuisance) is to offer to move you, not your neighbor.

That is what happened to us when we were in a non-pet loop (premium) and had a very loud, uncontrolled German Shepherd next to us.  I complained and they moved us to a much nicer spot. 

That said, it is correct that the Disney maps do not differentiate between pet and non-pet loops anymore.  However, if you ask at the concierge window, they pull out the map and mark off the loops that are pet designated.  In addition, only the pet loops have the plastic bag dispensers, and the non-pet loops do not.  If Disney decided to get rid of the non-pet loops, then at least provide the plastic bag dispensers so I don't have to watch as much to avoid stepping in the "magic".  Not against dogs, and had a great golden lab for over 16 years until she died last year, but I really can't stand Disney's wishy washy way of dealing with rules, be it pets, golf carts, etc.

We usually stay in the 200 loop and pretty much every time there are pets.  They are usually quiet and controlled though.

That is what happened to us when we were in a non-pet loop (premium) and had a very loud, uncontrolled German Shepherd next to us.  I complained and they moved us to a much nicer spot.

but I really can't stand Disney's wishy washy way of dealing with rules, be it pets, golf carts, etc.

So the inconsiderate uncaring jack***es win again.

It was great that you got a better spot, but I sure would hate to break camp and move all of my stuff, especially if it was less than a weeks stay, or really at any time.

I guess at the moment I don't have to worry, since we book partial sites and supposedly dogs aren't allowed in those.  But we could hear one yapping all day long from a camper in the 1600 loop the first couple of days we were there for the week of the 4th.

Last line says it all, they have selective enforcement of the rules.

No skateboards, but the same underage kid can be whipping around the loops with 6 other kids piled in a golf cart, (either their own or the Forts) with music blaring and go right past a 1/2 dozen CM's and they don't do a thing.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a free for all. There are still rules, and I have no doubt if there was an actual nuisance and/or safety issue created by a pet, management would take action. But, if someone with a pet is assigned to a site on the 100 or 200 loop, and the dog is just being a dog, you will not get anywhere asking that they be removed from your loop.

TCD

It's not a free for all. It's a we are going to enforce the rules that don't cause us too much headache.

I was curious as to what would happen if I called the front desk and ask them how I could get a loop that does not allow pets.

First she tells me they have designated pet loops and I should be ok if I don't book one of them. I said great so if there's a non service dog in a non pet loop you'll move them? She said no because pet loops are subject to change. I asked if this is posted online anywhere so I can get the most up to date info on which loops are non pet loops? She put me on hold for about 5 minutes and told me that as of today the 100, 200, 1100-1400 are non pet loops but they can't guarantee that there won't be dogs in those loops. I asked what will happen if I check in and find a non service dog in the loop next to mine and she said we will try to find you another site. I said why not move the person who has a dog in the non pet loop and she said because non pet loops are subject to change.

So it seems like to me they are going to change the rules as they see fit.

My goodness. How hard is it to say animals only allowed in A,B,C loops?

Also when I went online to Disney's website and searched for info this is the only thing I found. And so I tried to see how it worked I tried to book a pet loop and pay the $5.00 per night but it didn't give me the option. So even if you try to follow their rules you can't.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/rooms-packages/camping-pet-friendly/

So the inconsiderate uncaring jack***es win again.

It was great that you got a better spot, but I sure would hate to break camp and move all of my stuff, especially if it was less than a weeks stay, or really at any time.

I guess at the moment I don't have to worry, since we book partial sites and supposedly dogs aren't allowed in those.  But we could hear one yapping all day long from a camper in the 1600 loop the first couple of days we were there for the week of the 4th.

Last line says it all, they have selective enforcement of the rules.

No skateboards, but the same underage kid can be whipping around the loops with 6 other kids piled in a golf cart, (either their own or the Forts) with music blaring and go right past a 1/2 dozen CM's and they don't do a thing.

Great point.  However, in my case it wasn't too bad since we just backed into the spot and encountered the dog.  I just unhooked the camper and drove straight back to the Outpost.  If I was fully setup, I would think my option would still be the same and as you say, the jack***es win again.  By the end of that day though, the guy was gone.  I saw Disney security drive by and he was gone shortly afterwards.  I wondered if the size and apparent ferocity of the dog was enough to have Disney worry about liability.

I guess at the moment I don't have to worry, since we book partial sites and supposedly dogs aren't allowed in those. But we could hear one yapping all day long from a camper in the 1600 loop the first couple of days we were there for the week of the 4th..

Sorry to tell you this but the CM I spoke to today at the Fort informed me that pets were allowed in 1600-2000 loop.

Sorry to tell you this but the CM I spoke to today at the Fort informed me that pets were allowed in 1600-2000 loop.

I knew they were allowed in the 1600, I think that group of loops 1600-1900 was if I'm not mistaken, the original loops designated as Pet Loops when they added them.

I had heard that pets were not allowed at 1500 and 2000 because they can't be secured inside of the shelters (tents and pop ups) to protect them from the weather and heat.

This is from all-ears, not sure what the date on it is. but it must be ancient because they mention weekly and monthly discounts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Loops 1500 and 2000 remain as partial hook-up sites for campers using tents, pop-up campers and van campers. As now, RV will not be allowed on these sites. All sites include cable TV and offer high-speed Internet access. Picnic tables and grills will remain as they are now. As of now, there are no pet loops in this category.

Fort Wilderness also has an area called Creekside Meadow: it is a primitive campsite area and will remain unchanged for use by scout troops, schools and other group campers.

Here is an easy guide to what loops have what kind of sites (once the premium site construction is complete). Pet Friendly loops are also noted.

Loop 100 - Preferred

Loop 200 - Preferred

Loop 300 - Preferred (Pet friendly loop)

Loop 400 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)

Loop 500 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)

Loop 600 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)

Loop 700 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)

Loop 800 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)

Loop 900 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)

Loop 1000 - Premium

Loop 1100 - Premium

Loop 1200 - Premium

Loop 1300 - Premium

Loop 1400 - Premium

Loop 1500 - Partial

Loop 1600 - Full (Pet friendly loop)

Loop 1700 - Full (Pet friendly loop)

Loop 1800 - Full (Pet friendly loop)

Loop 1900 - Full (Pet friendly loop)

Loop 2000 - Partial

There is room to park one vehicle per site (in addition to the camping vehicle) and each site is limited to 10 people. Additional parking is available at the main parking lot. Check-in time for the campsites is 1 p.m., check-out is at 11 a.m. Multiple tents or combinations of campers and tents can occupy a site; however, there is a $2 charge per adult when there are more than two adults per campsite. Weekly and monthly discounts are available in the off season.

...really can't stand Disney's wishy washy way of dealing with rules, be it pets, golf carts, etc.

Agreed.  It results in setting unrealistic expectations for guests - which is a sure fire way to make someone unhappy.

... I sure would hate to break camp and move all of my stuff, especially if it was less than a weeks stay, or really at any time.

Agreed! When we setup it's for a multi-week stay.  Switching sites after we setup is going to be an enormous hassle.  And why should the person being annoyed by someone not being responsible be the one to deal with the mess to "fix" the situation?

No skateboards...

We saw several kids on skateboards this past trip.

Of course they are, because if someone shows up with a pet and all the pet loops are full, they are not going to turn them away - i.e., lose $. And on the flip side, if someone shows up without a pet and all the non-pet loops are full, they're not going to turn them away either.

Making the accommodation on the reservation system to allow people to correctly reserve the site they need/want re: pets would require a change to the system itself, which is already wonky.  Since the Fort is the only resort with this particular situation, I seriously doubt they're going to go through the effort and expense to make that change.

Even if they made the change, I don't see them allowing sites to sit empty because someone does or doesn't have a pet.  They'll shuffle people around as needed, to fill as many spots as they can.

I had heard that pets were not allowed at 1500 and 2000 because they can't be secured inside of the shelters (tents and pop ups) to protect them from the weather and heat.

That information has changed several times - officially and non-officially, and the website seldom jives with what you're told if you call.  At times the info has been pets in hard side campers only, but then at other times there has been mention of camping units with a/c being ok (which would include popups and potentially even tents)

Not sure why there's been so much back and forth, as it seems like whatever the decision is, that's that.  It's not like types of campers or temperatures change all that much.

It's not a free for all. It's a we are going to enforce the rules that don't cause us too much headache.

I was curious as to what would happen if I called the front desk and ask them how I could get a loop that does not allow pets.

First she tells me they have designated pet loops and I should be ok if I don't book one of them. I said great so if there's a non service dog in a non pet loop you'll move them? She said no because pet loops are subject to change. I asked if this is posted online anywhere so I can get the most up to date info on which loops are non pet loops? She put me on hold for about 5 minutes and told me that as of today the 100, 200, 1100-1400 are non pet loops but they can't guarantee that there won't be dogs in those loops. I asked what will happen if I check in and find a non service dog in the loop next to mine and she said we will try to find you another site. I said why not move the person who has a dog in the non pet loop and she said because non pet loops are subject to change.

Also when I went online to Disney's website and searched for info this is the only thing I found. And so I tried to see how it worked I tried to book a pet loop and pay the $5.00 per night but it didn't give me the option. So even if you try to follow their rules you can't.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/rooms-packages/camping-pet-friendly/

The problem with what the CM told you (in bold) is that there is no way to book a non pet loop.

You pick the level of site you want to book, and that's the end of it.  If you book a full hook-up site, you will be on a pet loop.  There are no non pet full hook-up loops. 

If you book a preferred or premium site, you don't get to specify whether you want to be in a non pet loop.  There is no way to do that on the website,  Sure, you can request a loop, but that's only a request, not a reservation.

TCD

Making the accommodation on the reservation system to allow people to correctly reserve the site they need/want re: pets would require a change to the system itself, which is already wonky. Since the Fort is the only resort with this particular situation, I seriously doubt they're going to go through the effort and expense to make that change.

Even if they made the change, I don't see them allowing sites to sit empty because someone does or doesn't have a pet. They'll shuffle people around as needed, to fill as many spots as they can.

It would take an IT guy 15 minutes to make the change. All they have to do is set it up like hotels do with smoking and non smoking rooms. And if the non pet loops are full and I still wanted to stay there I can but it will be in a pet loop. It's not rocker science. Lol.

But your right they won't do anything Ik until some little kid gets bit by a dog in the "non pet loop" and dies Disney. And I hope that never happens.

It would take an IT guy 15 minutes to make the change. All they have to do is set it up like hotels do with smoking and non smoking rooms. And if the non pet loops are full and I still wanted to stay there I can but it will be in a pet loop. It's not rocker science. Lol.

Nope, but we're talking Disney's IT dept.  8)

And I'm not convinced it's simply a question of not being able to tinker with the reservation system.  If they make pet/non-pet hard and fast categories, they're setting themselves up to leave some sites empty sites -  i.e., there are only so many pet sites, so once they're full, those people can't book - whereas now they just put them in a "non-pet" loop and fill as many sites as possible.

I'm pretty sure empty sites is not something they're interested in.

I do believe it all comes down to setting correct expectations and then following through - with most things. 

If Disney were to do like most other campgrounds do and say "pets are allowed/not allowed" period, with whatever restrictions they want (# of pets, size, etc.), and then publish that information consistently everywhere, make sure Fort CMs are on board across the boards, and enforce those rules with Guests, people would know what to expect before they arrive and make decisions accordingly. 

Instead people show up expecting one thing (because of information Disney has either been wishy washy about, changed - sometimes repeatedly - or just not been clear about), and then sometimes getting something else entirely.

And then they're told by Disney, "well if you don't like it, we'll move YOU" ... that's just a recipe for complaints and problems.

... that's just a recipe for complaints and problems.

Too many cooks.... and they are all using different recipes

It's like Ray said, they won't change until a lawsuit hits them hard.

When someone gets bit or traumatized by a charging dog.

When someone gets run over by an under aged or impaired cart driver.

When a fight breaks out between a fed up paying customer and one of the freeloading outsiders.

And the shame of it all is that they are all easy fixes and we all know it (and so do they).

The problem with what the CM told you (in bold) is that there is no way to book a non pet loop.

You pick the level of site you want to book, and that's the end of it. If you book a full hook-up site, you will be on a pet loop. There are no non pet full hook-up loops.

If you book a preferred or premium site, you don't get to specify whether you want to be in a non pet loop. There is no way to do that on the website, Sure, you can request a loop, but that's only a request, not a reservation.

TCD

Yes I know all this. But the CM apparently doesn't. Just like Disney's website says you can book a pet loop for an additional $5.00/ night but it won't let you do it when you try to make your reservation.

The left doesn't know what the right hand is doing.