Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party

Has anyone done this?  Is it worth the price?  $25 bucks a person doesnt sound bad for one or two people, but I have seven in my family and I'm a cheapo, convince me this is worth it  :popo:  It's sounds cool but I need to hear from someone who has been there, done that and got a T-shirt :D  where do you actually watch the fireworks?

We did it last year with our daughter and her husband and while I enjoyed it, I don't feel like I ate $25 worth of dessert.  The desserts were delicious, but I can only eat so many sweet things and then my stomach starts to protest.  Also, in most cases, you can't just sit at your table and watch the fireworks.  There is an overhang at that area, so everyone gets up and stands by the wall (blocking the view of the ones that are actually seated in an area where they could watch from their table). 

One more thing, you can't choose your table.  They decide in advance where you are going to sit.  We saw one woman take her name card off of her table that was near the back and swap it out for one in the front.  Unfortunately she swapped it out for a larger table, so when the group that was supposed to sit there went to their table, there weren't enough seats and they had to go to a CM to change it.  Well, the CM had the seating chart and that was when it was discovered that the woman had swapped out the name cards.  The really bad part is that the lady who moved the name card, got to keep the better table (that really wasn't hers) and the other people got the table that was farther back...the CM just added chairs!!!  I would have been ticked if I had been them!

Funny old man story..

Husband "whatcha doin' honey?"

me "playing on the FF boards.."

Husband "what's the hot topic of the evening"

me "I ask for opinions on the fireworks dessert party $25 bucks all you can eat dessert and a table to watch fireworks.."

husband "all you can eat junk food, Damn women, you have finally gone mad!"

yea, like I said all that sugar in my blood and the kids blood could lead to legal consequences  :heart:

I am going to take the contrarian position here.  We did the dessert party one time, around Christmas 2009.  And we LOVED it! 

We went about it this way.  Figuring it was a once in a lifetime thing, I didn't mind the thought of the kids (and us) filling up on sugary crap for one evening.  But I knew that if we ate dinner out beforehand we would never eat enough dessert to justify what was then around a $20/person charge.  So, I planned a late lunch ADR at Tony's Town Square where we all filled up, and we then spent the rest of the afternoon resting at the RV.  Went back to the MK for the evening and the dessert party.  We treated the dessert party like it was dinner, filling up on the variety of treats.  And there was a nice variety!  We took our time, and enjoyed some hot tea afterward during Spectro (pre return of MSEP) while waiting for the fireworks.  We had a front row table (which we were assigned to...I did not steal it LOL!), and the view of the fireworks was great.  Tink did not fly that night, but if she had the wire went RIGHT OVER the terrace.  Would have been a great view.  We enjoyed some interaction with an older CM who was cleaning up afterward, and we hung around a bit until the crowds thinned. 

So, we really enjoyed it.  I am in no rush to do it again, as I saw it as a one time treat.  But, for what it cost our family of 6, and considering it served as our "dinner", the cost was worthwhile to me.   

Thanks for sharing that Dave.  I've been contemplating doing this the past 2 trips - more so when it was still $20pp - but hasn't quite pulled the trigger.  I think because we had the same concerns that we couldn't justify the cost for "dessert".  But if we approached it this way, I think it could work!

I found these pics on the Disney Food blog...

mkdesserts.jpg

mkdesserts7.jpg

mkdesserts3.jpg

mkdesserts6.jpg

mkfruit.jpg

mkdesserts8.jpg

mkdesserts5.jpg

mkdesserts2.jpg

mkdesserts1.jpg

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/06/28/wishes-fireworks-dessert-party-photos/

Thanks for sharing that Dave.  I've been contemplating doing this the past 2 trips - more so when it was still $20pp - but hasn't quite pulled the trigger.  I think because we had the same concerns that we couldn't justify the cost for "dessert".  But if we approached it this way, I think it could work!

mkdesserts.jpg

mkdesserts7.jpg

mkdesserts3.jpg

mkdesserts6.jpg

mkfruit.jpg

mkdesserts8.jpg

mkdesserts5.jpg

mkdesserts2.jpg

mkdesserts1.jpg

mkdesserts.jpg

mkdesserts7.jpg

mkdesserts3.jpg

mkdesserts6.jpg

mkfruit.jpg

mkdesserts8.jpg

mkdesserts5.jpg

mkdesserts2.jpg

mkdesserts1.jpg

I was good with my decision until I saw pictures... OMG that looks good, and I did see some fruit..  :D  That might be a nice "special" one time thing for the kids after all.. oh decisions decisions.. 

I've gotta join the don't do it club. We did this a couple years ago. While it was a nice view. It wasn't worth the money. We were disappointed in the desserts. It seemed there was a lot of the same type of stuff. We would not do it again.

Actually, my wife & I have done it a couple of times & enjoyed it. We left the kids out (even though they are in their 20's) and did it as mom & dad thing. Fortunately, we were always on the front row. My only gripe was one time they did not put enough stuff out, we got a couple of things, then went back & they were almost out.

It was just kind of nice to sit back, snack, & enjoy the fireworks without all the crowds.

From Disney for Grownups...

Magic Kingdom Wishes dessert party

POSTED: Mon, 04/04/2011 - 12:00 | POSTED BY: Kristen Heptinstall

What started out as a seasonal thing a couple years back has turned out to be quite a success at the Magic Kingdom -- and there's really no rocket science involved, as it involves two of my favorite things: Wishes and dessert!

The Wishes dessert party, formally known as the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party, began as a seasonal offering in summer 2009, but quickly gained a lot of popularity, and appears to be a more permanent offering going forward.

With prices ranging from $15 for kids to $35.99 for adults during peak times of year, the Wishes dessert party is a feast for all senses. Taking place at the Tomorrowland Terrace restaurants on most nights, the dessert buffet begins one hour before the start of Wishes. Our advice: Eat a very light dinner, or skip it all together, so you can really get your money's worth!

AJ of the Disney Food Blog reviewed the Wishes dessert party in fall 2009, and shared photos of some amazing desserts: banana creme tarts, tiramisu, cheesecake, creme brulee, chocolate truffles, chocolate-covered strawberries, and a whole lot more from the buffet, along with coffee and other beverages.

Want to see more? Here's more photos from the Disney Food Blog.

Once you've gotten your fill of the sweet stuff, find a good spot to take in Wishes -- Tomorrowland Terrace provides one of the best views there is.

Due to the popularity of the dessert party, you are encouraged to call (407) WDW-DINE to make advance reservations. Payment is due in full at that time.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/magic-kingdom-wishes-dessert-party

Wishing we had done this the last time we were there.  Unfortunately with a child with Type 1 diabetes I don't think spending the remainder of our trip in the hospital would be a good time  :rofl2:. I think I would have to refill his insulin pump after his second trip up to the table.  Yikes the sugar and carbs!!!.  I can see if you made this a "meal" option it could be worth the money.

My parents are coming to Disney with us for a couple of days during our June trip, and I'm debating on whether to do this or not. I want them to really experience Wishes, and I think it would be best this way, so they don't have to "fight" the crowd....If they wanted to watch the parade and then go sit does it work that way? or  is it a first come first serve thing? I thought I read assigned seats...what makes you get a front row seat,....advanced adr? I know you pay up front, but I didn't know how it all panned out?

DON'T DO IT!  Sorry, i had to voice my opinion.  8)

only did it once and i would of been so much happier with a piece of cake from the bakery.  even a sundae from the parlor.  just wasn't worth it.  the desserts are these tiny little samples of .....

there was this mango drink thing----ohhh, i remember it well.  i had to spit it out in my napkin.  it was G-R-O-S-S!  cake and icecream the only way to go. 

i would rather go to whispering canyon for dessert--all you can drink malts there. :)  we do this every trip, no resies required. we just wait until after the dinner rush and ask if they could get us in for dessert.  never a problem. :rofl2: