We are headed down in April and tent camping for the second time. We were given a site in the 2000 loop last spring and liked it. Any ideas on another loop? I hate to stay in the same loop twice and we are not totally comfortable just taking whatever they give us.

Thanks!

WELCOME

If you booked a partial site, your only choices are 1500 or 2000. 

Yup, this.

Unfortunately 1500 is a fairly small loop and getting it if you request it seems to be difficult based on what folks here report.  Can't hurt to ask though.  It will put you closer to the pool/Meadows area.

If you go up to a Full Hookup site, you get a lot more options in loops 1600-1900.

Welcome

If you are staying with a partial hook up site the only other choice you have is 1500.  I agree with Carol I like the layout of the sites in the 2000 loop better but not a fan of the large groups that seem to take over the loop on weekends. Also not a fan of the location if we don't have a golf cart.  There are only 90 partial hook up sites at the fort and 69 of them are in the 2000 loop so odds are that's where you will end up. If you are willing to go full hook up the 1600 loop is the next best thing to 1500 location wise. Most on the board like the 1700 the sites are a little more spread out and just a little further away from the pool and campfire.  

• 3 weeks later...

Mouseketab Carol..Last time we were at the Fort, the kids tented in the 2000 loop..Didn't get a wink of sleep all weekend..They ended up staying with us at the cabin to get a couple hours of shut eye..The neighbors partied all night...Never again.

Mouseketab Carol..Last time we were at the Fort, the kids tented in the 2000 loop..Didn't get a wink of sleep all weekend..They ended up staying with us at the cabin to get a couple hours of shut eye..The neighbors partied all night...Never again.

Understand! Like I said, when the groups come in, the Loop is a disaster.

I have also been in that loop when it was practically empty. It's spooky back there when it's empty.

Tough thing about that... is rude people (unfortunately) can happen in any loop :(    Just because people have an RV or cabin, it doesn't mean that they use it to "talk".  Now, an RV/cabin might help you sleep a little (if your A/C is very loud)... but rude people can sit outside their RV and "talk" for hours...and hours... and hours.  

Next time, try calling the front desk and ask them to give a courtesy visit to the neighbors.  Doesn't always help, but it can.