How do most folks travel between FW and the parks? Bus? Car?

We also have zero tolerance for the buses. We have an elderly golden that is back at the RV so an hour or more bus trip is not a good option. We always take the boat to MK but most always drive to the other 3 parks. Well...unless we're drinking round the world at Epcot. Then boat to MK and monorail to Epcot. We buy our season passes at AAA so we get a diamond parking pass.

We also have zero tolerance for the buses. We have an elderly golden that is back at the RV so an hour or more bus trip is not a good option. We always take the boat to MK but most always drive to the other 3 parks. Well...unless we're drinking round the world at Epcot. Then boat to MK and monorail to Epcot. We buy our season passes at AAA so we get a diamond parking pass.

Sorry to break it to you, put the AAA parking spaces are gone as of January 1, 2015.  AAA ended its relationship with Disney, and there are no more AAA spaces in any of the parking lots.

TCD

Well that's not good news about losing the AAA parking. Although there has been quite a few times that either we were told the AAA section was full, or the lot attendant's were so rude that it wasn't worth the argument. On our way as a type this to the fort!!! Be there around 2:30-3. Won't worry about the parking.

We do a mix of both depending on what our plans are for the day. A lot of times if we drive it is because we are stopping at another resort for food on the way back to the fort. We always boat to the MK. If there is a line for the Fort bus or it seems to be taking awhile we will hop on one to the Contemporary if it is empty or there first and boat back.

The only way I know of to get to Universal would be to drive or take a cab.

What would be the easiest way to get over to Universal from the Fort?

There are basically five ways to get to Universal Studios.

1. Drive your own car. Traffic can really SMB.

2. I've heard there shared ride shuttles but I've never looked into them. Besides I don't want to have to drive around picking up and dropping off other passengers.

3. Uber Taxi. I've never hired one and I'm still not sold on the idea. But a round trip would be around $50. Plus tip. Pretty cheap.

4. Regular taxi. About $75-$80 round trip. Plus tip. Now if you hit traffic it could run you even more. That meter keeps on ticking.

5. Town-car. This is the one we've used several times to get around Orlando. I would recommend Happy Limo. Great service and friendly drivers. And if they hit traffic it doesn't cost you anymore. There's no meter in the town car. Round trip $82 plus tip. Also if you don't have a car you can arrange with company to make a grocery store stop on the way back to the Fort. Or take to your driver and they'll stop. Just remember time is money so throw them a bigger tip.

I've used Mears to get to Universal many times. Not sure of the cost anymore, but the last time I used it, was like $17 RT per person.

From a Disney house phone, dial 0 the night before you want to go to Universal, ask to be connected to Mears.

You will get a Mears operator on the phone. Tell them you want to go to Universal, and approximately what time and your resort.

They will give you a pickup time and location.

Then you get your ride to Universal and pay the driver in cash.  He will give you a ticket for your return ride, and you can arrange a pickup time at that time, or call the number on the return ticket 2 hours ahead of time.

Proceed to the designated pickup lane at the correct time, and you will get a ride back to your resort.

I've used Mears to get to Universal many times. Not sure of the cost anymore, but the last time I used it, was like $17 RT per person.

From a Disney house phone, dial 0 the night before you want to go to Universal, ask to be connected to Mears.

You will get a Mears operator on the phone. Tell them you want to go to Universal, and approximately what time and your resort.

They will give you a pickup time and location.

Then you get your ride to Universal and pay the driver in cash. He will give you a ticket for your return ride, and you can arrange a pickup time at that time, or call the number on the return ticket 2 hours ahead of time.

Proceed to the designated pickup lane at the correct time, and you will get a ride back to your resort.

That's not a bad price. That would be $68 if both kids were with us.

Where did they pick you up? At the Fort?

Where did they drop you off?

What would be the easiest way to get over to Universal from the Fort?

Hey I just found this on the interwebz. It is dated 2009 so it may not be available any longer. But it would be worth a phone call. Here's the link.

http://www.guide2disney.com/blog/2009/01/26/monday-mouse-mail-universal-studios/

That's not a bad price. That would be $68 if both kids were with us.

Where did they pick you up? At the Fort?

Where did they drop you off?

The times I've used it, I was staying at a regular resort. It was usually at the front of the resort, so I'm guessing from the Fort, it will be at the Outpost.

I looked at Mears online and for 4 people to universal is $90 round trip. Maybe it's cheaper if you do it thru the resort.

That was probably for a taxi. I poked around their website also, and you can't book the shared ride to any other locations online.

Ok out of curiosity I called Mears directly.

It's $20/ person round trip.

They pick up at the Outpost at 7:10 am, 8:10 am, 9:10 am, and 10:10 am.

Return pick up times are 3:15 pm till 3:15 am. Every hour.

The gal said it was about a 30 minute ride to Universal.

So if all four of us go it's $80 round trip.

For $2.00 more I'm calling Happy Limo and have them pick me up and drop me off when I want to and go starlight to and from the park.

But if it's just me and my DW, I'm calling Mears.